PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post-match discussion

Tue, 29 December 2020

rotherham_red

Haven’t we got a better record against them than all the other top teams? Too lazy to check but far from being a bogey team, I think we’ve actually got their number.
The current, Chinese-owned iteration of Wolves, with seemingly half of Gestifute's roster in their squad, are a very different beast to what we previously came up against.

USREDEVIL

Thank God they didn't have Jimenez. We looked a bit slow and tepid but had most of the possession and were the better team for most of the game. Anyways 3 points! Onwards and upwards!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We won the game and we've scored a few late goals but I want to see us be more aggressive and not only try to force it but look to win the second ball and try to unsettle them. I think Wolves were very good. They had an outlet too. We created very little. But if you look at the game, second place and twelfth place play at a similar level. There was no gulf. We're building up the psychology but we got lucky. Perhaps that luck came as a result of our perseverance but our defenders can be too ponderous and we really need to be hungry for the second ball IF we try to force it.

We need to beat these teams in the tunnel. We can't be wasting so much time letting teams settle. Especially when the qualitys good.

Gator Nate

Wolves are a good team that play their style fairly well. That was exactly the kind of game I expected. Pulling off that goal at the end was magical.

Our fitness and mentality won that game, and I credit Ole with that.

And with Pool's draw against Newcastle... :devil:

Giggsy13

Yesterday’s game highlighted the problem we have against low block teams. We lack threats out wide, which prevents us from stretching out teams with 10 men behind the ball. We are far too predictable playing thru the middle. Even the dippers today were able to generate chances against Newcastle because of the threat posed by TAA and Robertson on the wings, which then gives license to Mane and Salah to cut inside.

AWB is a stout defender one on one but I bet Ole purchased him with the knowledge that the club would invest in a first team RW re: Sancho that would have provided us a different outlet and threat out wide. I think we should be giving Pogba or VDB the license to play with more freedom up front along with Bruno to help unlock low blocks like Wolves. Pogba produced a nice low cross from the right when he was given more freedom to attack against Wolves. Let AWB sit back and focus on defending the counter rather than having him waste opportunities in the final third.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 320 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:1 Wolves
  • 20% Man Utd 2:0 Wolves