PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post-match discussion

Mon, 03 January 2022

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Utter disaster. No way of sugar coating that.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So the Ole out brigade got their wish, only for the same mediocrity to be handed out by the new incumbent.

How long before Ralf gets the same treatment and they rinse and repeat?

Name Changed

weso26
That was pathetic. Outplayed completely. It was coming. Newcastle should have beaten us easily. We were shit against Norwich. We weren't exactly great against Burnley either.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
4-2-2-2 is just 4-4-2 written differently. 2 strikers, 2 wide men, 2 central midfielders. It’s not really worked in the league for about a decade and it isn’t working now. With the limitations of our midfielders we need another body in there. We have to play 3-5-2 or 4-3-3.

Tonight’s scapegoat will be Rashford. I’ve never seen a performance so poor.

positives were Bruno and Jones. Jones especially after such a long lay off was outstanding. Maguire I hope was looking on and taking note…

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
McTominay and Matic is not a midfield. Everything stems from that, poor passing, poor organisation and the inevitable frustration.

Until we buy or find a functional midfield, we'll continue to be terrible.

DavidDeSchmikes

If you had to guess which of the players hadn't played for two years, you'd go through nearly all of them before getting to Phil Jones.

Triple.Threat

Not a single manager in the world is capable of teaching professional footballers at this stage of their careers how to pass the ball forward or find a runner. McTominay's passing range is that of a Sunday league footballer.

Hate to admit it but Wolves midfield today had everything we lacked.

choccy77

Next season our squad.

No Ronaldo (expect him to leave)
No Cavani
No Martial
No Pogba
No VDB
No Lingard
No Mata
No Matic
No Jones (TBD)

No Manager

Shows how much wrong is with this squad.

NewUser777

Don’t even care we lost.. Phil Jones, two fecking years without a game. My man of the match by a mile! :devil::devil:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Had me fooled. Thinking we might give them a running for their money.

Had the Liverpool at OT vibes from the first 5 minutes.

Lucky to have lost by a goal only.

DDG - 8
AWB - 3
Jones - 7
Varane - 7
Shaw - 5
Mctominay - 5
Matić - 5
Greenwood - 6
Sancho - 5
Ronaldo - 4
Cavani - 5

Bruno - 3
Rashford - 1
Strange you gave Scott McTominay such a high score. He was atrocious. Rarely demanded the ball from his centre halves, careless when he gets it and generally was second best to most loose balls. The fact that he's a starting midfielder for us is proof of how shit the squad is.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Love how people are having a go at the manager when you have Rashford punting simple passes out for goal kicks and Greenwood kicking passes out for throws, how about Sancho passing to Wolves players for fun, or McTominay giving the ball away, perhaps AWB never finding one man with a cross.

How can you coach players when that's their standard?

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
It’s bad enough going back to work tomorrow without having to watch that shocker. So many don’t have a notion about playing in a team. Fair play to Phil Jones, thought he had a decent game.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Shaw & Wan Bissaka cannot pass for the level needed at United

SirScholes

Bruno scores the tap in and we probably win the game
De gea wasn’t very busy today.

not sure Ronaldo and Cavani should be playing 90 minutes. We had zero pace to get in behind

rashford is a nothing player, a failed striker, we are going to be saddled with him until he retires.
He doesn’t know how to play wide, no ambition to ever run to the line and cut it back.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Phil Jones was great. I really hope he gets a move and enjoys the rest of his career injury free.

I don't see any improvements under RR yet. Worrying.

Lecland07

I said it in the post match against Burnley, and one person said I was miserable, but it was pretty obvious that that performance was not near good enough. And today proved me right.

Manutd need some serious improvement because the last game was mostly about how bad Burnley were, rather than how good we are.

DomM

Wrong formation, our midfielders aren't good enough to play as a two, Sancho looks scared and isn't contributing, AWB again offers nothing, it was all too easy for Wolves, they should have won by more.

We need to play with 3 in midfield and get the wingers working more.

Rashford had 20 minutes to make an impact and still looked lazy.

Poor performance from most but for me wrong formation.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
We’ve clearly got a team of ‘uncoachables’ they have a manager with a clear philosophy and they just can’t play his way
Maybe Mr. Clear Philosophy wasn't a good appointment as an interim mid season?

Koeman would've been better as a pragmatic manager until the next bloke can get a full season and summer transfer window.

Betson

[
Gave it our best but wasn't to be.

We did well to keep it to just the one goal to be honest. We're in over our head trying to compete in this league against teams who play actual football.
The stats show we done well to only lose by one , they were a far superior team to us. We can.t compete with teams who play decent football.

git_united

Poor from everyone. Can’t even really rate Varane and Jones because Wolves isn’t a potent offensive side. Would have kept Greenwood on and taken off Cavani. He’s been shambolic the last two matches. Can’t understand playing AWB with an inverted winger in a 4-4-2. That’s just dreadful from Fletchnick.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
A very disappointing end to the Christmas holidays.

Really poor performance again. Wolves the better team. United continue to always leak a goal, whilst struggling to create themselves. Astonishing, really, when you look at those players out there.

Rangnick now has a lot of training opportunity either side of the FA Cup match, before we play Villa again in the league. It already feels make or break for him, because there is so little cause for optimism out there.

BestRed

Deserved nothing from that, slow no urgency football from the start, feck me.

steffyr2

Seems like the script was for the team to look awful and then Bruno and Rashford to come on and save the day. Give them a boost of confidence.

Wonder how much playing less than great wears on players.

Redcafe members should all go offer their services as players, coaches, tacticians.

Man of the Match

Phil Jones image Phil Jones 77% of 326 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 313 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw