PL W FA Premier League

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 31 December 2022

brian017

Why should the handball rule be different in the opposite boxes? Its either a handball in both boxes or it isn’t

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
DDG is world class but I just wish his distribution was on par.

Apart from that this United team has a lot of fighting spirit and grit, most I’ve seen in the last decade.

glasgow 21

Will folk please give antony a break on here. His discipline saved a one on one with the goalkeeper in the last 10 minutes. The worst player by a mile and should be hit for negatives is Martial. He adds absolutely nothing to team. United won that game with 10 men.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Worst fixtures of the season those Wolves games. Very happy we won this one. Top 4 and climbing!

Herman Toothrot

I don't like slagging off our own players, especially when there are good performances to highlight, but DVB needs to go. Poor decision making, especially in the last pass where he had two options to choose from and chose none.

Lee565

So unless we buy a competent striker we will have to pray rashford stays fit all season.

As for the other end of the pitch, does martinez walk back into defence, I actually think shaw has looked even better than him next to varane, shaw has been brilliant these past two games and today's match was no stroll in the park

always_hoping

Delighted with the win especially against Lopetegui who was poxed lucky with his Sevilla side to beat united two years ago.

Excellent management rewarded, from naughty step to match winner and it was a deserved win. Why do Wolves work much harder against united than other teams in this league?

Happy birthday to Alex Ferguson 81 years young.

RedIan

Good game, wolves contested it well but we were the better team and deserved the win. Rashford repaying for his sins with a superb goal. Unlucky his 2nd was ruled out for accidental handball.
we defended well as a team. Back 4 solid. , Anthony also played a big part for us today, shame he didnt finish one of his chances and sit down those getting on his back.
Big 3 points today against a tough team with a new manager who is clearly on Something.

Bulldog United

Tough fixture, predictably scrappy and great to get all 3 points.

Only 3 points behind the oilers now.

COME ON!!!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Massive win but we really need to be more ruthless. Could have been an easy win, ended up a nail biter.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Feels like a big win that, especially because we weren’t at our best. Made hard work of it and we were blunt in attack with Martial as the focal point which will be a massive issue for us if we can’t strengthen.

Pleased again for AWB, thought he did really well, Casemiro is just a different class though as was Shaw.

Someone

Something
Phew!

Great result. Rashford is incredible, a game changer for us. We need a striker badly.

meamth

Donny Van De Beek really is a terrible footballer.

He had fresh legs just coming in and looking like the most tired player. The feck was that?

DON’T PANIC ™

Wan Bissaka seems to be getting his game together. A huge improvement, but still out of position a lot. Worth keeping until we sign another right back.

siw2007

Big win!! It’s never an easy game at Wolves anymore and today was no different, on the balance of play we created a lot more than them so we deserved to come away with the 3 points. Rashford has to take stick for the disciplinary but he made up for it with a great cameo performance, he showed great physicality to earn that shot for the goal. Also big well done to De Gea for another clean sheet, we haven’t had nearly enough of them over the last few years and it is going to make a big difference if we can grind out game 1-0.

I expect we will make a few changes for Tuesday. ETH needs to get the leggy display out of these players after today.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Why should the handball rule be different in the opposite boxes? Its either a handball in both boxes or it isn’t
Exactly ffs. How can that be a non-handball yet a handball. Secondly I think it hit his hand then hit his thigh then went in.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Points>Performance. Job done. Onto the next.

Speako

Also thought Varane and Shaw were outstanding today. I’ve spoke about Martial far more than he warrants over the years, so I’ll ignore him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
3 much needed points! We do not do well against Wolves so it was always going to be tricky. Happy to see us come through that where before we would have probably dropped points. Rash getting that goal and De Gea saving us at the end there. Great stuff.

We need to improve and keep going.

In the meantime, happy new year to us!

TheReligion

Abusive
We won but we have way, way too many underperforming attackers - actually we barely have any performing ones and the only one got us out of this shit show, so well done to Rashford.

Martial needs to up his game or he needs to go in the summer but hopefully he can find some rhythm because we are severely down on options
How much would you fine the lads for this away win?

AS18_

Rarely post here. Just came to say I fecking hate Wolves. Worse game of the season for me. Delighted to see their manager pissed at the end.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Always quite liked Wolves, but Lopetegui has made them instantly dislikeable. Every time the camera cut to him, he was screaming, throwing a tantrum and waving imaginary yellow cards at the 4th official. How do some managers get away with blatant dissent, and others are penalised in an instant?

Wolves spent 60 minutes draining the clock playing for 0-0, then he's screaming at the 4th official to speed it up when we finally make a sub.

Anyway, should've been more comfortable than it ended up being. The 2nd goal was correctly disallowed as per the rules, but the handball rule is fecking dumb. In every other circumstance, the guidance is for hands to be in a natural position, yet for the goal to count, Rashford would have had to move his hands up into an unnatural position so the ball would've hit his torso instead. How can there be a giant asterisk next to the handball rule which completely changes the rule if you happen to be scoring a goal?

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 245 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Wolves 0:2 Man Utd
  • 22% Wolves 1:2 Man Utd