PL W FA Premier League

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3:4 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 01 February 2024

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Really enjoyed the game. The first hour we completely dominated a very good in form team. Scored two but squandered several very good chances, it should have been at least 4-0 at HT.
lots of positives, Licha looked immense along side varane. Casamiro closed those huge gaps in midfield that have been costing us all season.
shaw played well linking up with Rashford.
The problems started when we took off licha and casamiro.These subs were needed as these guys are not yet ready for 90 minutes.
The problem is our bench doesn't have players of the same quality.
A none penalty gets their tails up and the crowd begind them and we go into our shells.
No negativity though. I saw a lot to be optimistic about topped by Mainoo who is a gem.
Excellent post. Enjoyed reading

Sea-Cow

You blame him for goals that you cannot save.
I really don't think he is getting beaten by worldies every week. Maybe the majority of keepers in the league also would get beat in these situations, but not all of them. Some of them would step up and pull out an unbelievable save. Is it too much to ask that he pull something out of his ass ever now and then? Save something that shouldn't be saved! Help out your team when its desperate.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Neither was I, and then the cheat played more than 11 extra minutes.
Two goals being scored in extra time was always going to add more on, so I've got no problem with that. The original 9 minutes was definitely strange though. Seemed to go back to that period earlier in the season where significant amounts of time were being added, even though that seems to have been somewhat forgotten more recently.

Denis79

I really enjoyed the game, good for the heart? No, but I did enjoy it. Mainoo is something else isn't he?!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I’d rather we just kill games off thanks.
It's great to have late victories, every team needs them but this shouldn't be every week. A top team wins comfortably most weeks and then every now and again digs deep against a trick opponent.

stevoc

Yeah, shocking subs. That McTominay scoring and Forson assisting and making a fantastic run on the winner. Shocking!
The subs and game management were poor, McTominay scoring doesn't change that.

Bringing on Maguire and Evans and going to 5 at the back put us on the back foot, invited pressure on us. What control we had in midfield pretty much disappeared after Casemiro came off for Scott (don't pass me the ball) McTominay and almost cost us the game.

Forson assisting
Yeah he really laid it in a plate for Mainoo.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
The subs and game management were poor, McTominay scoring doesn't change that.

Bringing on Maguire and Evans and going to 5 at the back put us on the back foot, invited pressure on us. What control we had in midfield pretty much disappeared after Casemiro came off for Scott (don't pass me the ball) McTominay and almost cost us the game.

Yeah he really laid it in a plate for Mainoo.
So the subs scored and were instrumental in the winner, yet they’re still shocking. Jesus. We even won the match. If anyone was at fault for the third goal it was Varane. Bitch and moan about the increíble waisted chances and poor defending from our starters.

Last edited:

stevoc

So the subs scored and were instrumental in the winner, yet they’re still shocking. Jesus. We even won the match. If anyone was at fault for the third goal it was Varane. Bitch and moan about the increíble waisted chances and poor defending from our starters.
:lol:

giggslover

Any players you like on Wolves that you wouldn't mind having at United?

I bet I'm the only one, but I thought their right back Ait Nouri had a bit of class about him....and of course Neto could walk into our team. You think Ten Hag would love Neto's energy to go in his pressing system?? Bet his mouth would be watering.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 257 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Wolves 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Wolves 2:1 Man Utd