PL W FA Premier League

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3:4 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 01 February 2024

The Hilton

Should have been out of sight at half time, Wolves had very little in the way of chances, stole a penalty, nicked a goal from a set piece and terrible defending on the counter.

Great reaction from the team though, we created chance after chance, and an amazing goal to cap it off.

Gopher Brown

Great performance going forward, easily the first time I feel like we've played properly this season.

Defensive lapses and decision making towards the end a shambles.

Jack-C20

Pretty sure I woke the other half up, twice.

Scored 4 goals, should have scored 8 and finished with a goal difference of +1. This isn’t sustainable.

Eriku

Made it really hard for ourselves with some poor decision-making/execution on the break, but seeing us grab the win after a sucker punch that late was :drool:

BestRed

Kobbie, I think I love you, what a goal at that stage of the game.

bstb3

Uff. I think I need to lie down.

VAR and PGMOL in the bin. They tried so hard...

We have to kill teams off, we really do.

RedDevilRoshi

Absolute rollercoaster of emotions watching that.

Just glad we won but blimey for a neutral, that was an unbelievable game.

tomaldinho1

Are you not entertained?

Much better with injuries coming back. Softest penalty ever to put the win in their sails, the game was dead until that sparked the crowd up. Then we inexcusably put everyone up for a corner when a goal up and concede. We should have killed it off earlier though.

Mainoo might as well make some room on the shelf for the ballon D’Or now.

Woodenlung

We played out best football of the season in the first half. Should have been 0-4 ahead at half time.

Saw all our old weaknesses in the second half. But also some resilience that hasn't always been present either with that Mainoo goal.

Delano

Why can't we ever just win at ease? The absolute ludicrous and the sublime.

What the feck were those subs though? Constantly talking about "control", but he turns into Big Sam at 80 minutes again. Throwing on every defender going.

Leonzo1

I just don't know with this team. We are absolutely shocking at seeing games out. Mainoo is magic, ETH is in panic mode, Onana and Antony are absolute clowns. That about sums it up.

RedIan

Some game that was. We should have won 10-3. Fair play to wolves they have a right go when their tails are up. We looked ver6 solid first half with licha and casamiro back. Less so second half.
That third wolves goal was suicidal Play.
Kobbie is something else.

atkar83

You can not continue with Onana in net. There is zero confidence in him back there. He looks shaken, and we don't have time for him to build confidence

Someone

Something
Great game. Fully deserved to win. Lots of positive, but get antony out of the club.

DeGea

Onana is shit
Antony is shit

Apart from them two, our first 11 is pretty decent

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
That was a good performance in parts and typical United in others. The positive is that we scored 4 goals away from home.

redom

I'm so conflicted, I fecking hate that we made that so hard for ourselves when it should've been an easy win all things considered but it's all worth it to witness that moment for Mainoo, talk about stepping up when your team needs you, pure magic.

Farfetched

Thank you Mainoo.

The only time Onana moved for a save was for the penalty that’s hammered down the middle of the goal where he was standing only a second ago!

r0663664

Worships Man City
Same bloody turns up, played well enough to be up 4-5 nil but vulnerable in defense. Useless sub of Antony, got 1 goal out of McTominay and a pretty much useless Onana who can'tkeep the goal out. No matter what, Erik out for whatever he has done to United. Never seen such a manager who is hired to destroy United and we signed off on his transfer targets.

always_hoping

Never in doubt lads?

chaos 2nd half and can't lose sight that game was heading towards a comfortable United win until the officials gave a debatable penalty.

Delighted United most consistent performer and home grown talent was the match winner. Hopefully the Martinez injury isn't a serious one.

Betson

Game far more exciting and entertaining than it should have been , we should have been out of sight by half time.

Hanging on in the end but 3 pts away from home is a good result. Mainoo is living up to his potential , still only 18 and early days but he he has all the hallmarks of that quality midfielder we have been looking for , for a long time now.

RORY65

Really good first half, the best we have produced in a while, and it really was exciting to win such a dramatic game. However, the the fact that we simply cannot control a football match continues to be a huge concern, there's no way of getting any sort of consistency in results if you cannot control games. Mainoo looks like a real player which is great, along with Garnacho and Hojlund he has been the main positive in recent weeks.

GledTheRed

Game should have been over after 30 minutes, you knew some dumb shut was gonna happen.

Bottle job subs didn't help

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
If you're coming away from that game bitching about Anthony and Onana, it's time to find another hobby.

diarm

I don't know what you English feckers did to deserve a midfield of that lad and Bellingham for the next decade or so, but I am beyond bloody jealous.

Red71

It baffles me that Antony gets to play in our team. He nearly shot us in the balls today and Onana burns my pi$$ but my word, Mainoo…sensational. Props to Rasmus too. Put a real shift in!

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 257 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Wolves 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Wolves 2:1 Man Utd