PL W FA Premier League

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3:4 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 01 February 2024

ShinjiNinja26

I love a last minute winner but fecking hell it should’ve never have gotten to that stage. We should’ve been out of sight at halftime, our inability to put games to bed is killing us this season. Got away with it tonight but there’s been so many occasions where we don’t.

Waynne

Can't help but think with a half decent goalkeeper the scoreline wouldn't look as bad.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I hate some of the RAWKishness on here nowadays but it’s an absolute scientific fact that if we were winning 3-1 in the 90th minute instead of the game being brought back to 3-2, the ref would’ve added on only about 4 minutes rather than pulling 9 out of his arse.

Heinzesight

I hate some of the RAWKishness on here nowadays but it’s an absolute scientific fact that if we were winning 3-1 in the 90th minute instead of the game being brought back to 3-2, the ref would’ve added on only about 4 minutes rather than pulling 9 out of his arse.
So true. Adding on another two minutes to the nine was the cherry on top.

Hackman2210

Start with the pluses - Rasmus is going to be a monster for us. The new Mark Hughes. Mainoo - unreal goal. That’s two teenage academy products with goals of the season.
Onana - wtf? That last goal was shocking but why we had 7 players up for the corner is beyond me.
Antony - another shambolic display. Talk about a false 9. This guy is a false footballer.
Overall I’m basking in the glow of a Kobbie Mainoo wonder goal. Love the kid.

DavidDeSchmikes

made it hard for ourselves after going 3-1 up
a draw would have felt like a loss

But wow you can't beat the feeling of a last minute winner

r0663664

Worships Man City
It is simple to keep winning, get rid of Antony and Onana. These 2 are completely useless players and both are Erik's favourites. It very obvious when Amad can't get 1 single game and Erik keeps finding chances to bring Antony on. This coach is a joke, Antony is completely useless in EPL so get it into you lr head. Anyone above Erik should put his foot down, enough is enough!!!

Ace Krampus

Antony looked like Lt. Dan out there and an absolute disaster-class in terms of subs and finishing, but who cares? I'm hyped.

siw2007

Epic game of football, absolute adrenaline rush right now! As someone who lives near the area, this is going to be so satisfying!

We should have won this match about 4-0 really, we battered them for the first hour but we kept missing our chances and they came into it. We defended well for the most part but kept giving away the ball and getting punished. Thank god for Mainoo, that was a truly special goal, he was excellent all night but that put the icing on top of the performance.

klayton88

First time I've screamed for a United goal for what seems like years.

SirScholes

Bruno needs to sort his shit out as well, some epic passes but missed really easy sitters

Longshanks

Crazy game, incredible goal from Mainoo, really special to show that level of compsure and skill in the madness of those last 20 minutes.

Quinze

Good result, but that's an abysmal game management again. ETH needs to have a good look at himself if those are his instructions.

Crimson King

It is simple to keep winning, get rid of Antony and Onana. These 2 are completely useless players and both are Erik's favourites. It very obvious when Amad can't get 1 single game and Erik keeps finding chances to bring Antony on. This coach is a joke, Antony is completely useless in EPL so get it into you lr head. Anyone above Erik should put his foot down, enough is enough!!!
All your posts are the ravings of a mad man. You might well have some decent points to make, but you express them terribly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Shape better.
It feels like we created a lot more than the XG suggests. Maybe because we fecked up simple passes to get that easy chance crystalised.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Just bloody lovely to see us fighting right to the end again tbh! Lovely job

Banana Republic

I said at half time, the wasted chances and missed goals in the first would be our undoing.
We should have gone in at HT 4-0 up or more…but we didn’t.

Gary O’Neil was obviously going to make big changes to Wolves’ game at half time and it was inevitable that Casimiro would fade away completely, as he was already starting to towards the end of the 1st half.
You could see us losing the midfield…and we did…big time !

Our goal scoring record this season is worst than abysmal and we are still desperately deficient in CM.
Thank goodness we have Kobbie in there, otherwise we’d be totally fecked.
I’m not confident the turn around we might be seeing, is sustainable until the CM and goal scoring is sorted.

Still, we scraped a very important 3 points.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Why did we commit so many players for a corner and concede the other end???? Erik should be shouting for players not to commit players. One of worst manager that ever join United.

didz

It feels like we created a lot more than the XG suggests. Maybe because we fecked up simple passes to get that easy chance crystalised.
We also put the ball in the net two times that didn't count, while Wolves' xG is inflated by the penalty awarded.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
2 of the goals conceded came straight at him.

Put De Gea in there and he's saving at least 1 of them
How can he save the 2nd? So close to him, blame Bruno. The other shot between the legs, no view. I am not his fan but that blind hatred is annoying

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 257 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Wolves 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Wolves 2:1 Man Utd