CL L Champions League Champions League Group F

Young Boys 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 14 September 2021

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Id like to think we will twat these cnuts at home. AWB cost us and Jesse made a big mistake. Please dont go overboard the plastics amongst us.
I think we will. Just really disappointed tonight.

FerociousCorgis

wow didnt realize no shot attempts after going a man down for 65 minutes. Pretty sad stuff then.

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
Young Boys 0:1 Man Utd - Ronaldo (13')

Aaron Wan-Bissaka Red Card (35')

Young Boys 1:1 Man Utd - Ngamaleu (66')

Young Boys 2:1 Man Utd - Siebatcheu (90' + 5)
Ole cost us this game absolute embarrassing decisions in tactics/subs after AWB got sent off, are they 100% better than we are. No, would Liverpool/Chelsea/City do better in same situation, yes. Taking Ronaldo off for Lingard was an atrocious decision. No Greenwood was a joke too. I am not even pissed about the result as we will more than likely rip them to shreds at OT but Ole has thrown this result and any momentum now with Ronaldo returning has been destroyed. No shots in any half and making a sub par team look like prime messi's Barcelona is a fecking stain on anything were trying to do. What a fecking set back.

Another embarrassing Champions League defeat; they are a regular occurrence now. Even with ten men for an hour, it's Young Boys we're playing; their budget must be less than 5 per cent of ours. Destroyed my acca bet as well.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

You shouldn't give All iniatitive to the other team just because you are 1 man Down. We could literally barely String two passes together.

There is too much panic in this team for the quality we have.

Fair Play to Young boys, they gave the team a rough evening.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Didn't agree with the subs, but ole been let down by two players he's given a lot of faith to tonight.

Our shocking midfield/ability to retain possession was there to see when it went to 11 v 10. So I blame the manager and directors for not addressing that this summer. If we had someone who could retain possession even slightly, we would have held on for a draw.

Ixion

As soon as the red card happened we shut up shop and tried to hold on for an hour, it's stupid. We should be good enough even with 10 men to have more possession than we did and create something in an hour.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
We always seem to piss one of our most winnable CL games up the wall.

I'd keep Dalot in the team for now. He's not particularly good at anything, but his general technique and passing are infinitely better than AWB.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Id like to think we will twat these cnuts at home. AWB cost us and Jesse made a big mistake. Please dont go overboard the plastics amongst us.
My view as well. We were shit alright, but the red card, Jesse's moment and the pitch made it a freak combination of circumstances

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Crap surface, freakish early red card, and it still took an absolutely insanely brainless backpass to make us lose it.

No further room for excuses now.
Maybe that 6th game in the group won't be the dead rubber it looked!

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
As i seem to keep saying, we are so weak mentally whenever anything goes against us in a match.

You would of thought we were playing against Barca from 10 years ago. Going down to 10 men often has little effect on a lot of teams, in fact it often galvanizes them to perform better. we just collapse.

Never beena 'Ole out' guy but from the weak mentality if our players, to the bad coaching (why a team with our players continues to play so badly, well it has to be coaching), i think its time for something new.
We broke the record for most number of points won coming from behind last season.

bdspeedy

No point in Ole out as long as we are owned by carnies. We need to drive these clowns out of our club. Then get a real coach.

Name Changed

weso26
Wan Bissaka cost us the game, not Ole. We lost, we move on, and we can still top the group.
Chelsea wouldn't have lost from that position, neither would Liverpool or City. They would have known how to close out the game. Absolutely clueless decisions by the manager .

Denis79

I'm not a Ole outer but damn that was some odd tactics and subs from Ole.

Bertie 2 Hats

That dire performance was worse than the one in Istanbul last season.. Absolutely embarrassing.. This won't be easily forgotten.. WTF is wrong with this team ?

Halftrack

Varane for van de Beek seemed completely unnecessary, and taking both Bruno and Ronaldo off for Matic and Lingard was a really weird choice.

Even being a man down, our goal against a team like YB should be to control the game. We ceded control to the point that we were barely hanging on for large portions of the second half, and that's not good enough.

Scholes_boi

Haha what a strategy. With multiple world class players, Ole decides to see out the game with 55 minutes left and defend. Brought his 3 best attackers off (Sancho, Ronaldo and Fernandes) and brought on defenders. That was the most cowardly performance I've seen from Man Utd most likely...ever. Would managers such as Tuchel, Guardiola or Klopp defend a 1-0 lead like that with the individual quality that we have? You could beat your house they wouldn't. We allowed them to feel comfortable and run rings around us. We should have been pressing and be just as physically dominating back. This may come back to bite us like the Istanbul match last year.

Jaykespeare88

I know we're professional and that, but I really can't wait to absolutely demolish these lot at home

reelworld

Lingard what a fecking clown. What the feck was he doing there. I hope this is the last we see him in the shirt.
Ole subs was atrocious. Why the feck you take of your only other midfielder who know how to keep the ball and put on a defender?
I don't mind losing, but this is cowardice and stupid all around

Lyng

Terrible pitch was a problem from the get go.
We did however look comfortable until the foolish red Card. AWB essentially cost us the game.

Ole needs to take some blame for the changes.
Dvb stopped YB's plays several times before being subbed.

Lingard then sold us out by a completely idiotic back pass.

We also had the ref against us all game.

That having been said, we will smash these feckers 5-0 at home.

Zelex

This was a game that exposed the team's weaknesses at their worst. A reality check indeed. Manager could have done much better.

The Firestarter

If we were playing Chelsea you could blame it on AWB. Not when the difference in class between the players is so huge. Unfortunately it wasn't that big a difference between the managers.

caid

We dont seem to cope well with going a player down. It feels a bit of a theme for 30+ years. Maybe im being fatalistic.

choccy77

All the tactical decisions today were poor pre and during the game.

I bet Ole even get's the route back to Manchester wrong also.

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 280 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Young Boys win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Young Boys 0:3 Man Utd
  • 22% Young Boys 0:2 Man Utd