Posters whose countries didn’t qualify for Euro 2020, who will you be cheering on this summer?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
As the thread title says, posters whose countries didn’t qualify for the Euros this summer, who will you be cheering on or wish to see win it out? (English United fans who subscribe to the ‘United > England’ ideology can also contribute, if they please.)

For me, and possibly many United fans, it’ll be Portugal with Fernandes and Ronaldo in their team but also because I’d like them to defend their title and prove their 2016 victory wasn’t a fluke. Their squad is better this time around, IMO, and they possess some great youngsters who I’m excited to see on the biggest stage. We always seem to do well with Portuguese players and it would be nice if we identified further signings from their squad.

P.S. I wasn’t sure if a dedicated Euros forum was being created or not this time around so just posted this in here for now. Move/delete if necessary. :)

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Both my countries qualified. I'm happy to lend one to some poor sucker whose country let him/her down.

Last edited:

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Could have asked this question in the Republic of Ireland thread and gotten the same posters to respond.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Arrogant enough to be cheering on my prediction, so that I can feel vindicated in the fact that I believe to have cast an educated prediction as to who will win it.

In simple terms, I’ll probably be cheering Portugal because I think they will win it and like being right about things.

Gonçalo Motta

My country qualified and our NT is stacked with some decent quality players (Portugal) but if we don't manage to win it I'm rooting for Italy. Always had a soft spot for them

Nick7

Anyone but England :p

Seriously though, probably Netherlands and France. I’m more interested in seeing good football than any one team though.

BorisManUtd

As a Serbian I'll be cheering on North Macedonia. Won't be easy for them, in group C with Netherlands, Ukraine and Austria.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
All neutrals are supposed to support the Netherlands since we play football the proper way.

OleBoiii

England. So many United players in the squad and so long since the last trophy.

I don't mind Portugal winning either, but they won a trophy fairly recently..

TheReligion

Abusive
France - Too rude and arrogant as @esmufc07 has cleared up in his thread.

Germany - Too boring. The Caf German posters epitomise this when obsessing over United.

Portugal - Ballsed up the Madeleine McCann investigation.

Italy - Fatten us all up with Pizza, Pasta, Tiramisu.. too carby

Holland - Done us over with van De Beek, Depay and Blind over the years. Their best player is a Scouse cretin.

England is the only real option to be honest. Especially if you're Irish.

BootsyCollins

England, always been my go to team whenever Norway dont qualify, so i have been supported England quite a lot.

I live in Sweden, my wife and kids are swedish and im going to watch the EC with only swedes, so they hate me. Feck em!

OmarUnited4ever

Wales.

did they qualify?

if not, then any of the East European nations like Bosnia, Poland or Croatia

Giggs86

Portugal because of Bruno, Ronaldo, and the best anthem in the world.

Also England because of the United players.

OmarUnited4ever

As the thread title says, posters whose countries didn’t qualify for the Euros this summer, who will you be cheering on or wish to see win it out? (English United fans who subscribe to the ‘United > England’ ideology can also contribute, if they please.)

For me, and possibly many United fans, it’ll be Portugal with Fernandes and Ronaldo in their team but also because I’d like them to defend their title and prove their 2016 victory wasn’t a fluke. Their squad is better this time around, IMO, and they possess some great youngsters who I’m excited to see on the biggest stage. We always seem to do well with Portuguese players and it would be nice if we identified further signings from their squad.

P.S. I wasn’t sure if a dedicated Euros forum was being created or not this time around so just posted this in here for now. Move/delete if necessary. :)
Btw, the Euros is a global competition much like UCL, so the audience aren't only from Europe.

Cloud7

On a per match level, the underdog team in each match. On a tournament level, the team that plays the most entertaining football.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
France is gonna win it; best squad by far, cracking Starting XI and the closest thing to the best player in the world not called Messi: Mbappé.

Zlatattack

As Pakistan have not qualified for the Euros, I'll be supporting England, as its home to so many Pakistanis, especially Bradford... :lol:

Reminds me of the goodness gracious me sketch where they were supporting Jamaica.

FreddieTheReddie

Why not support Hungary? I don’t follow Hungarian football, too much politics. Of course I will follow the national team and support them but if they get to play England, that will be difficult. Most of my favourite players are English.