Posters whose countries didn’t qualify for Euro 2020, who will you be cheering on this summer?

Jack-C20

This thread isn’t really for me as I’m English but I’ll be supporting any teams with Utd players in past the quarterfinals... Always had a soft spot for Holland as well. Oh and whoever I get in the work sweepstake.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Both my countries qualified. I'm happy to lend one to some poor sucker whose country let him/her down.
I realised I didn't list the options. Denmark and England. I'm happy to share with the less fortunate.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Btw, the Euros is a global competition much like UCL, so the audience aren't only from Europe.
It is broadcasted in many countries outside of Europe, but its main audience is from Europe as it is a european competition.

Also the Euro is nowhere near to be as watched as the UCL globally.

Last edited:

King Eric 7

Home team is England, so I hope we win it. When we're not playing or get knocked out, I will usually support The Netherlands although I will also be rooting for Portugal since they have graced us with some special players.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Same as every tournament that Ireland aren’t in. I’ll support England because of the United players on the team. Right up to the point that they progress far enough for The Sun to start publishing jingoistic xenophobic front pages then it’s whoever they’re playing against. Standard.

EDIT. Wales. Forgot about them. I’ll support Wales. My mum is from Wales.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Mostly depends on qualifiers, some teams can be underdog and won me some early betting and become my favorite.

And anyone but England, can't stand their gloating every tournament. Wanted the kids to do well but whenever England plays just can't help it.

ThinkTank@Cafe

England. I started to support United because they happened to be an English team vs Germans back in 1999. Before that match I sympathized to Liverpool because my then favorite Owen played for them.

Gonçalo Motta

France - Too rude and arrogant as @esmufc07 has cleared up in his thread.

Germany - Too boring. The Caf German posters epitomise this when obsessing over United.

Portugal - Ballsed up the Madeleine McCann investigation.

Italy - Fatten us all up with Pizza, Pasta, Tiramisu.. too carby

Holland - Done us over with van De Beek, Depay and Blind over the years. Their best player is a Scouse cretin.

England is the only real option to be honest. Especially if you're Irish.
:lol:

Withnail

I wouldn't ever pick an alternative team to support from the outset like that.

I'll just enjoy the games and want the team that plays the better football to win each game.

Although I'll probably settle on France.

Last edited:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Sometimes I think, you know what? Maybe I would like to see England win a tournament. Then I listen to their fans and I quickly understand why that should never happen ever again

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sometimes I think, you know what? Maybe I would like to see England win a tournament. Then I listen to their fans and I quickly understand why that should never happen ever again
This charge has been levelled at England fans for as long as I can remember, but are we really any more confident in our team than other nations that can call upon really good players?

OmarUnited4ever

It is broadcasted in many countries outside of Europe, but its main audience is from Europe as it is a european competition.

Also the Euro is nowhere near to be as watched as the UCL globally.
of course Not as big as UCL audience, especially UCL final, but the Euros is very popular globally and it has a global audience, you don't get to see Spain, Germany , France, Netherlands, England and other top European NTs go head to head competitively so often, so when Euros cup is near, it's highly anticipated globally

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I'm a Bulgarian born in the Czech Republic, so will be Czech Republic first, then Croatia and the Netherlands as I've always liked them.

Bertie Wooster

I'm English but, TBH, I'm only really emotionally invested in them when there's a core group of United players in the team. If it's a group of key players from the likes of Liverpool, City, Tottenham, Chelsea - who I spend 9 months every season disliking due to their exploits for rival clubs - then I find it hard to suddenly get behind them in the summer.

The last few tournaments have been that way (mostly built around gits from Spurs and Liverpool), and so I was perfectly happy to see Ronaldo lead Portugal to success at Euro 2016 and the Nations League instead. And certainly would be happy enough for that to happen again with Fernandes alongside him.

Matab8r

As a Serbian I'll be cheering on North Macedonia. Won't be easy for them, in group C with Netherlands, Ukraine and Austria.
Have followed Serbia and other former Yugo countries a number of times throughout the years so will be odd to follow Macedonia in one - still can't beleive they finally made it. Anyway as soon as they do get kicked out will jump on Portugal's bandwagon to cheer our Bruno on.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
This charge has been levelled at England fans for as long as I can remember, but are we really any more confident in our team than other nations that can call upon really good players?
Not always the over confidence, but also sometimes just the shitheadness

Paul_Scholes18

I hope a United player wins it if not my country Sweden with Lindelöf anyway.

I am happy for Bruno if Portugal go all the way again.
England of course got many United players.
France would be boring, but nice for Pogba.
Holland I would like see Donny play and do well, but doubt he starts.

I think it is probably to hope for England a bit, but I can't lie I also like when England get spanked and Pool or City players suck.
I think English games will be fun to watch for me whatever happens like in most tournaments.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Whoever plays the best football. Would also be nice to see Netherlands win but not if they play crap.

Also I hope someone beats Germany 8-1

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
I usually enjoy to see England to fail in a tournament, but not this time.

England, Belgium, Portugal (basically all but France, Spain, and Germany).

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I usually enjoy to see England to fail in a tournament, but not this time.

England, Belgium, Portugal (basically all but France, Spain, and Germany).
We will make Semi and go out because Gareth is too predictable and cautious, nullifying any attacking threat we have.

Winner will be France if Kante stays fit.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Who are England playing first?

BorisManUtd

Have followed Serbia and other former Yugo countries a number of times throughout the years so will be odd to follow Macedonia in one - still can't beleive they finally made it. Anyway as soon as they do get kicked out will jump on Portugal's bandwagon to cheer our Bruno on.
Unfortunately Serbia lets you down most of the times :( I'm really glad for Macedonia too, if they could go through the group somehow it'd be amazing. But yeah, I'll probably be Portugal fan as well as soon as Macedonia goes out. Croatia could do well too though it seems they're not as good as 3 years ago on World Cup.

diarm

I was born in Holland so I always support them if/when Ireland don't qualify.