Posts that were actually made on the day we beat Roma 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halftrack

What would he quote?
What would that thread look like? "haha look at all these dumb cnuts supporting the team and the manager. deluded idiots"

There is banter and there is being dead serious in their hatred of elements of the team (Ole,Pogba, Lindelof,Fred, Maguire etc etc) and using any opportunities to spit the venom.
I remember after one game not too far back, might have been the defeat to Leicester in the FA Cup, around the time when everyone was busy deliberately misrepresenting what Ole said about cups. I went into a thread, saw a post from a supposed grown-up stating "I hate him so much" and I just went "nope" and closed the window and took a break from this place. That's not a rational person's post, it's just childish garbage.

Giggsy13

United have been boring at times this season. We've also been incredibly entertaining at others. Some people turn into wailing fannys whenever the accusation of being boring is levelled at the club, it's quite surreal.
“wailing fanny” - seen many with OPs savage takedown.

Support doesn’t meant bitching away calling for the managers and players heads when we are second and on our way to a final. There’s a huge difference between wanting the best for your team and acting like a spoiled child. We are still a work in progress. Man up, buckle in and the wait will make it all the sweeter. If you can’t be positive then stop spoiling every thread for those who are seeing the bigger picture.
100%. This is the most I’ve enjoyed watching United since Fergie retired. It’s not perfect by any stretch but still miles better than the shit we’ve been served up under LVG and Jose.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wait, why are people attacing @Wumminator ?

This thread is a perfect reflection of the knee-jerking that goes on here. Forget the meltdown if we ever as much draw a game, this thread is just highlighting the idiotic posts that we see even before the end of the game.

For anyone who saw the game yesterday, they'd have noticed that we were unlucky to go behind, and there wasn't much wrong in tactics. Sure Rashford wasn't having his best game, but as a team we were quite confident and playing well in the first 40 mins. That we were behind was more down to luck than some coaching issue or tactical blunder. Maybe, just maybe it'd be better to watch a game and how the team is playing instead of fixating on the scoreline at 45 min mark.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
“wailing fanny” - seen many with OPs savage takedown.

100%. This is the most I’ve enjoyed watching United since Fergie retired. It’s not perfect by any stretch but still miles better than the shit we’ve been served up under LVG and Jose.

id also like to add that I fully believe no other manager would have sorted us out any quicker or better than Ole has so I really don’t understand the constant moaning. We are lucky to have given him the chance and he’s lucky to have got the job. He’s already repaid us many times over. Look at what he’s already doing with an incomplete squad and reptilian owners. Just try and enjoy it. Lord knows we’ve had enough misery over the last few years. Few more players of the same ilk as Bruno Cavani and Maguire and we are golden.

thepolice123

What is arrogant? Why would I have to go through all posters? ^^
I can see it in this very thread: Some people obviously saw something in the first half of football yesterday that triggered some overreactions. Without justifying it, you would agree, right? A few more people then saw these overreactions and it triggered them to more overreactions. Isn't that so?

Just because it is a majority, doesn't make it right.
Just because the second group collectively thinks "its justified" doesn't make it right.

I repeat, if there is genuine wish to stop that childish behavior (overreactions) you/we have to stop fuelling it. This thread is the exact opposite of that and shines a light on the idea, that some people actually like this mocking. And the majority of reactions here emphasizes that, that it is nice to have a group to belittle every once in a while. I think, there are a few people here just fishing for attention, doing it by overboard criticism or by creating threads specifically pointing out peoples misconceptions. All laughs and giggles if you wouldn't feel the vitriol in some of the statements.
Fair enough, I completely misinterpreted what you were trying to say. :lol:

Personally, I don’t think this thread has a goal at anything but banter. And I said in my previous post that the moment we place heavy restrictions on post “quality”, this forum would cease to exist. Ultimately what really keep fans going is the passion for football and club, getting fans to stop overreacting is virtually impossible for something that is entirely driven by emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.