Posts that were actually made on the day we beat Roma 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSinha

I've been coming to this forum for over 10 years now. And I always used to find good discussion or reasonable criticism after we lost or drew a match. What the Ole-outers keep forgetting is that *everyone* wants to find solutions to our problems without resorting to toxic hyperbole. I don't visit the caf after a draw or a loss these days because you see multiple toxic threads prop up calling the football we play horrible or asking the manager to be sacked, completely ignoring the general progress we've made (and anyone who says otherwise is the problem). So in a way, this thread is quite welcome to highlight the toxicity that has engulfed this forum. This site used to be fun.

For them, it's like it's unfathomable to concede goals during a match. We were the better team in the first half too, and although the second Roma goal was disappointing for me as well, you could always feel we'd get one back. We made loads of chances and dominated the first half too, so please get rid of the notion that we were completely shitty in the first half (again, a result of the general toxicity of the forum)

And some posters here keep saying all these quotes are from the matchday thread. They're not. There were actual fully formed opinions on another thread. And I'm pretty sure the site would have been unbearable if it had stayed 1-2 or 2-2, even though we had a second leg to play for (and the fact that we're amazing on the road).

It's completely fine to be disappointed and criticise the team and the manager, but it just feels like some people don't have any patience or hope or positivity at all, even when the general atmosphere in the team and the run of results are positive. They're sucking the life out of this forum.

Reactions: mazhar13

pav1790

I understand the lure of needing to vent. But as someone said in the thread, do it after a few pints and not online. Vent at the telly as we have always done.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Actually delighted to stay off last night. Was fuming at 2-1 but did have the feeling that we’d get back into it, Roma were that shaky. Once we equalised I felt we’d win comfortably!

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I can take a joke, I can take humour, but I don't stand for naming and shaming because all it says is, you think your own opinion over rules everyone elses and it puts the other person that you do not know, in a position that you do not understand. Responding in a thread to someones reaction and expressing your opinion is fine, creating an entire thread to do this to other people is disgusting. Having known someone who took there own life because of the embarrassment they felt (not in the same circumstance, but certainly similar), I'm sure you can understand that I do not stand for this.
These are their own words, so either you own up to it or you hold your hand up and admit you overreacted. The latter is something everyone does.

In a week this thread will be forgotten so its not like its going to have a lasting consequence

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
I actually wouldn’t mind people getting lifetime ban if they posts more than 3 negative posts per day. Because it’s ruining the fun of this forum imo. Does this people have no shame? Or do they keep posting like normal after this win? Shocking stuff from ”full members”..
We already have that. Its called the RAWK. Google it.

Lemansky

@Wumminator good of you making this thread. Was reading some of the comments at half time and some of them are absolutely ridiculous. The underlying disgust against our manager from some of our supporters is a disgrace. Criticism is fine, but I feel some have a clear agenda against him. Regardless of progress being made.

crossy1686

career ending
No it's not. I have stopped being at RedCafe at half time or during matches because as soon as the opposition scores a goal, there are some posters here (quite a few) who completely lose it. Quite ofteh the same people over and over again - some of them seems to love the opposition gettinga goal as it gives them a chance to attack OGS.

I can accept the negativity towards our football, managerial decisions, not making subs etc - but a good portion on them always claim that the manager is incompetent, that he should go, he is useless. And don't tell me that these people deserve any kind of respect. In your world it's ok to sit behind a screen shouting abuse at our manager, players and coaching staff - but it's not ok to make fun of the people doing it ?
This sums RedCafe up perfectly. It's not worth being here on match days because anything less than an emphatic win brings waves of negativity, and the posters that complain disappear when we do actually win games. It's getting to the point now where they aren't even waiting for the game to end anymore, 10 minutes in and they're already slamming Solskjaer because we've not scored.

pass.pass.pass

No, those calling for Wumminator to be banned have dictatorial tendecies. He just cuts through some of the toxicity posted on this forum. He's one of the best and most refreshing posters on redcafe.
I am not calling for him to be banned? And not everyone who makes critical comments of Ole in any of the threads is either. There are legitimate concerns about the management of this club at all levels. The gloating against those one doesn't agree with -- after one result in a second-rate competition into which the club got demoted -- is childish at best, dictatorial at worst.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It just shows that some fans are reliant on the result to make them happy. They are glory hunters that feel obliged to win. If they start seeing signs of a loss then they bring out the guns out their pockets because they believe they are better than the club right now because they have the ambition of a winner whilst the club players or manager does not.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This sums RedCafe up perfectly. It's not worth being here on match days because anything less than an emphatic win brings waves of negativity, and the posters that complain disappear when we do actually win games. It's getting to the point now where they aren't even waiting for the game to end anymore, 10 minutes in and they're already slamming Solskjaer because we've not scored.
Matchday threads should be about discussions about tactics, lineups, goals, fouls, misses, subs, refs, offsides etc. Not Ole Out with every other comment.

It really reflects how much Ole has become the scapegoat for their miserable lives.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Matchday threads should be about discussions about tactics, lineups, goals, fouls, misses, subs, refs, offsides etc. Not Ole Out with every other comment.

It really reflects how much Ole has become the scapegoat for their miserable lives.
Agree with this, I don’t think there is a problem with people talking about tactics etc, but when you see people moaning and implying the manager is awful, bumping the ‘ole semi’ thread at HALF TIME (quarter time technically), then those people deserve to be mocked.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Hands down, the worst poster around. He may as well create his own forum where he rules above everyone else and no one can express themselves on a topic their passionate about.
Agreed, he should be banned but I guess the moderators on here do not believe in being inclusive and diverse. Typical case of an internet troll, getting brave behind the screen at the expense of others. I wonder how many abusive twitter accounts he has trolling people for self ego.
I can take a joke, I can take humour, but I don't stand for naming and shaming because all it says is, you think your own opinion over rules everyone elses and it puts the other person that you do not know, in a position that you do not understand. Responding in a thread to someones reaction and expressing your opinion is fine, creating an entire thread to do this to other people is disgusting. Having known someone who took there own life because of the embarrassment they felt (not in the same circumstance, but certainly similar), I'm sure you can understand that I do not stand for this.
There is having an opinion in the heat of the moment and then there is the same people ready to have a go at Ole the moment we aren't winning a match. This isn't about passionate heat of the moment comments, it's about these posters having an agenda on Ole and spouting the same comments they say every other day. Some of these are well thought out posts to tell everyone how they feel about the manager and are barely heat of the moment when it's the same stuff being said every time we don't win or are trailing a game.

Swedish_Plumber

No I'll be happy when we win of course, especially If we beat Arsenal in the final but for me personally. This team is capable of winning the big prizes.

Think we missed out on massive opportunity of winning the CL this season, there is noway every team in Europe can be as bad as they have been this season
Fair! It does seem frustrating regarding the CL. One stupid game against the worst team in the group cost us dearly.
And when you look at how we’ve played against the two best teams left I get your point!
Once again it all rides on the transfer window and how we recruit to take us to that next level.

fatboy

I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling upset and frustrated at the way the match is going, and posting about it at half time, or at any point in the match.

But you just get the feeling that some of these posters all Ole outers just using this as chance to stick the boot in. Their not commenting just on this one match, they unloading their whole dissatisfaction with Ole being the manager because they think he's undeserving. They probably wouldn't have posted anything postivive had we taken hold of the match from the get go.

Like I said, there's no issue with calling out players having a bad game, do name and shame as you please and vent your frustration. But blaming poor performances or poor form by individual players solely on Ole's coaching is just weird. All this when we're second in the league and en route to a major final.

imamuppet

I actually wouldn’t mind people getting lifetime ban if they posts more than 3 negative posts per day. Because it’s ruining the fun of this forum imo. Does this people have no shame? Or do they keep posting like normal after this win? Shocking stuff from ”full members”..
These people need councelling, but this it is only possible once they accept the manner of their posts which unfortunately for some will never happen

:/

lysglimt

Scout
Agreed, he should be banned but I guess the moderators on here do not believe in being inclusive and diverse. Typical case of an internet troll, getting brave behind the screen at the expense of others. I wonder how many abusive twitter accounts he has trolling people for self ego.
i do find it ironic that you attack a guy who made a thread only consisting of quotes from other people - and at the same time you agree with a person who has spent the better parts of 2 years throwing abuse at our manager.

greasemonkey90

Toxic fans will never be satisfied. If SAF comes back to manage and lost a game, these same "fans" will do the same shit and call for SAF's retirement because he's passed it.

vidic blood & sand

This thread is so dumb :lol:
So what if people express OTT frustration when the team's playing poorly, especially in a semi final.
For those unable to control their emotions, I guess you'll have to learn to harness them.

When shit happens, go to a happy place.

MattofManchester

Is this the kind of nonsense people spend their time doing? Creating these threads?

Is this primary school that you have such an intense need for validation?

Pathetic.

A couple in there were merely asking why we’re so poor in the first half generally. It’s a fair question. But yeah I agree, most posts were way too kneejerk, think one guy turned the tv off at 2-1.
i hope he never turned back on. He would have been even more furious having missed the second half.

That would be good. If people need to vent, fine. But an alternative thread where the actual game was discussed would be enjoyable. Can’t see it happening though.

just imagine if the player threads were open during the match!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
People genuinely trying to justify these posts now by arguing that United were shit in the first half.

We are talking about being two 30 second passages away from admiring our maturity and control in a European semi.

thepolice123

:lol: :lol:
You need to learn to name and Shame actually shameful posts. :lol:

@No Idea For Nickname
Help the poor lad.
Just so you know, there is a small small small group of us that devote a lot of our posts in game thread trying to undo(double jinx) the myriad of jinxes made by less enlightened fans.

Your welcome ;)
Don't want to be lumped in with these lot :lol: do want needs to be done please @thepolice123
Fair enough but jesus christ. :lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
People genuinely trying to justify these posts now by arguing that United were shit in the first half.

We are talking about being two 30 second passages away from admiring our maturity and control in a European semi.
Yep and a lot of these posts were united bottling it etc etc.

CG1010

You dont have to qoute to remind others. Most of us are not fans of Ole's work and I dont think anyone would change his mind after comeback tonight. I already wrote, the result never was an issue, it is the football we play. To be honest, our second half is the best I have ever seen of Ole this season beside the Spurs 2nd half and these are in total 90 min in the entire season were we dominated the game.
Just 90 minutes of football this season where we have dominated? Either you have a ridiculous definition of dominating or Ole has married the lady luck for eternity for us to be the 2nd best team in the PL despite playing so poorly.

Phil Osophy

Some of them are well identified. They're just resented Mourinho fanboys who were defending his man until the end and bashing Ole from the beginning. Whatever happens in terms of performances or results it has no relevance for them, they keep their agendas alive and that's it. Mods should be acting on these obvious cases of pure toxicity for the sake of it.

Lentwood

The one that gets me is the nonsense about the double-pivot.

Sure, you can discuss the personnel i.e. are McTom and Fred individually good enough, but this idea that a double-pivot is somehow a negative tactic belongs in the Stone Age.

As Ole said in his post-match interview, perhaps pundits are pundits because they don’t know how to leave good players out for the good of the overall shape of the team.

We have lost, what, six/seven matches all season (including two after the farcical fast turnaround at the start) playing this formation, yet every week we hear the same numpty opinions perpetrated by pundits who have either never been managers or who have and have failed.

Some of them are well identified. They're just resented Mourinho fanboys who were defending his man until the end and bashing Ole from the beginning. Whatever happens in terms of performances or results it has no relevance for them, they keep their agendas alive and that's it. Mods should be acting on these obvious cases of pure toxicity for the sake of it.
people don’t really yearn for Jose do that? There’s stubborn and then there’s this…

Status
Not open for further replies.