Potential Centre-Back Signings

Free: Evans, Varane

Sell: Maguire £30m, Lindelof £15m

Buy: Diomande £40m, Scalvini £45m

Keep: Martinez, Kambwala

Thats £40m total spend and a tonne saved in wages, if one of Diomande/Scalvini turn our to be top players, you pair them with Martinez.

Last edited:

Buy: Diomande £40m, Scalvini £45

Thats £40m total spend and a tonne saved in wages, if one of Diomande/Scalvini turn our to be top players, you pair them with Martinez.
Scalvini just tore his ACL I don't believe he going anywhere anytime soon .

Scalvini just tore his ACL I don't believe he going anywhere anytime soon .
Were it not for that I’d actually take the risk of a season with Diomande and Scalvini over Maguire and Lindelof.

Buy: Diomande £40m, Scalvini £45m

Maybe I’ve missed something here, but those estimated fees look very optimistic. I’d expect those players to cost us nearly double.
Getting £45m from Maguire and Lindelöf would be some trick too.

Were it not for that I’d actually take the risk of a season with Diomande and Scalvini over Maguire and Lindelof.
I am with you on this we need to revamp our backline completely there are lot of young talented CB's who are ready to step up , if the finances permit then we should definitely be bringing in couple of them .

Maybe I’ve missed something here, but those estimated fees look very optimistic. I’d expect those players to cost us nearly double.
Getting £45m from Maguire and Lindelöf would be some trick too.

Yeah I’d say £25m for Maguire and about £12m for Lindelof is more realistic, then at least another £10-15m onto both Diomande and Scalvinis fees.

Looks like most of the richer clubs in England are on the hunt for CBs this year - ourselves, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea at a minimum, plus the likes of Real Madrid are going to want to pick the cream of the crop up. Going to be a tough market

Looks like most of the richer clubs in England are on the hunt for CBs this year - ourselves, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea at a minimum, plus the likes of Real Madrid are going to want to pick the cream of the crop up. Going to be a tough market

Last year it was strikers. DMs before that. Why does everyone always need the same things at the same time?

Full backs before that.

Big clubs need to start coordinating their transfer needs amongst each other. "No, Chelsea, you buy a striker every window. Let someone else have a turn and they might not feck it up."

Apparently William Pacho is for sale at Frankfurt as they want to cash in on him. He is a very talented Ecuadorian LCB. Would be way cheaper than Branthwaite or Incacio. He is 22, can pass very well, is 6'1 tall, pretty fast and intelligent. Before he went to Frankfurt, he was playing possession-based football with a very high line at Royal Antwerpen in Belgian league. Definitely a hidden gem.

Apparently William Pacho is for sale at Frankfurt as they want to cash in on him. He is a very talented Ecuadorian LCB. Would be way cheaper than Branthwaite or Incacio. He is 22, can pass very well, is 6'1 tall, pretty fast and intelligent. Before he went to Frankfurt, he was playing possession-based football with a very high line at Royal Antwerpen in Belgian league. Definitely a hidden gem.
Very similar profile to Inacio, but Pacho is slightly better in terms of pure defending, whilst Inacio is better at progressing play. But saying that, they are both good players.

Liverpool have been linked to both payers, but they seem to be slightly favoring Pacho.

Very similar profile to Inacio, but Pacho is slightly better in terms of pure defending, whilst Inacio is better at progressing play. But saying that, they are both good players.

Liverpool have been linked to both payers, but they seem to be slightly favoring Pacho.
I think it makes sense since Pacho would be much cheaper. If we want a LCB we should hijack the deal. Get thea LCB sorted instead of going into everlasting negotiations with Everton over Branthwaite..

Then again, I'm a bit surprised Slot is not going after Hancko as he was influential for his side.

Bayern seems to be in for Tah so I would expect them to listen to offers for Kim or Upamecano. And no, I do not get their interest in Tah.

Wait, if he is available for 21m it's stupid not to sign him. I thought he was valued at 35m?

I wonder would Bayern be open to selling Kim
If Ten Hag stays then he will go probably for De Ligt.

Six players are allowed to leave Bayern for suitable offers this summer: Kingsley Coman, Serge Gnabry, Leon Goretzka, Joshua Kimmich, Noussair Mazraoui and Matthijs de Ligt [@Plettigoal @SkySportNews]

If Ten Hag stays then he will go probably for De Ligt.

Six players are allowed to leave Bayern for suitable offers this summer: Kingsley Coman, Serge Gnabry, Leon Goretzka, Joshua Kimmich, Noussair Mazraoui and Matthijs de Ligt [@Plettigoal @SkySportNews]
Unfortunately I think whatever pace DeLigt had as a teenager is long gone

Unfortunately I think whatever pace DeLigt had as a teenager is long gone
I think with Kim, he is surplus to requirements. And Bayern are looking for a rebuild of their own so they need the cash.

ETH or not, I would have him here in a heartbeat. He is a leader, was captain at Ajax at 18 or 19. He is also very good with the ball at his feet and is very dominant in the air. His defensive instincts are pretty good too. It's rarity since these days players are either good defensively or with the ball at their feet.

I watched him against Vini Jr. and he kept up with him throughout the match.

If we were to sign him, Todibo, Inacio. Then we can let Maguire go since he is English(more money) and a more awkward version of De Ligt.

I think with Kim, he is surplus to requirements. And Bayern are looking for a rebuild of their own so they need the cash.

ETH or not, I would have him here in a heartbeat. He is a leader, was captain at Ajax at 18 or 19. He is also very good with the ball at his feet and is very dominant in the air. His defensive instincts are pretty good too. It's rarity since these days players are either good defensively or with the ball at their feet.

I watched him against Vini Jr. and he kept up with him throughout the match.

If we were to sign him, Todibo, Inacio. Then we can let Maguire go since he is English(more money) and a more awkward version of De Ligt.
I used to be a fan but just not sure he’s the same anymore. I feel like there are big question marks over his ongoing fitness

De Ligt fitness is a big question mark, he’s also in my opinion not really set the world alight at either Juve/Bayern since leaving Ajax.

Maybe a loan with an option to buy I’d consider, if Todibo is really 21million it seems like a no brainer.

I used to be a fan but just not sure he’s the same anymore. I feel like there are big question marks over his ongoing fitness

Yeah was staggered how much he struggled against Real, maybe our resident Bayern fan can give us a better idea of how he has done this season

De Ligt is only 24. Him with Martinez would be superb.

De Ligt is only 24. Him with Martinez would be superb.
He is definitely available. Bayern seems to have signed Ito and is working on Tah. Two CBs (allegedly de Ligt and Upamecano) are allowed to leave.

Branthwaite at 45m is a good price for a young english LCB. For RCB I would put in an offer for Antonio Silva (55m). Sell Lindelof for 15m. Keep Evans in the squad for another year for consistency and experience.

- Martinez --- Maguire
Branthwaite --- Silva

Evans & Kambwala

Can we afford it?

Branthwaite at 45m is a good price for a young english LCB. For RCB I would put in an offer for Antonio Silva (55m). Sell Lindelof for 15m. Keep Evans in the squad for another year for consistency and experience.

- Martinez --- Maguire
Branthwaite --- Silva

Evans & Kambwala

Can we afford it?

Branthwaite, if we get him, will be the RCB, alongside Martinez. He's played there before, and apparently he's so good with both feet his coaches aren't really sure which one is his strongest foot. He'll cover LCB if Martinez is unavailable.

We'll only sign another CB if someone else leaves, and I imagine that'll be more of a 'prospect' at LCB.

What happened to those links to the young Argentine CB, Anselmino? It looks like a deal for Branthwaite is in the offing but I'd see him more as competition/cover for Martinez right? so I'd still think at least one more addition is needed to rebuild that back line so maybe a young prospect like Yoro or Anselmino will also be targeted while retaining some experience with Evans and one of Maguire or Lindelof.

He'd obviously brought in with the long term goal of becoming a starter with the price being quoted.

He won't be a bench option to Martinez who himself is on the younger side for a centerback, I could see the partnership work if he's truly ambipedal as others paint him out to be.

He'd obviously brought in with the long term goal of becoming a starter with the price being quoted.

He won't be a bench option to Martinez who himself is on the younger side for a centerback, I could see the partnership work if he's truly ambipedal as others paint him out to be.
He'll be there to bench Maguire and Lindelof, never Martinez so long as he's fit.

Kind of hope we keep Evans as well if we bring him on, would be a great professional to learn from as he makes the step up to a very big side.