Potential striker signings (who aren't named Højlund)

The Caff Spraff

I'm hopeful Ralf can use his Red Bull connections to convince Adeyemi to choose us over Dortmund.
would love this to happen, especially that Ralph has been quoted that they intend to go for a younger forward. And at the price been quoted!? Feel it would be crazy not to be in for him

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The pure no.9 market is barren right now. Is there any news on Dybala extending at Juventus? Could he work as a false 9 flanked by Sancho and Rashford?

RedKnight88

The pure no.9 market is barren right now. Is there any news on Dybala extending at Juventus? Could he work as a false 9 flanked by Sancho and Rashford?
What about Andrea Belotti? I don't think bad choice he will be on a free. and we need couple strikers with Greenwood and Cavani gone

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don't watch as much EPL as most of you, but that Everton bloke (out injured?) seems like a traditional #9 that would suit Ten Hag.

He might be the best realistic target available when we don't make the CL.

edit: I see he's starting alongside VDB, must've recovered then.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don't watch as much EPL as most of you, but that Everton bloke (out injured?) seems like a traditional #9 that would suit Ten Hag.

He might be the best realistic target available when we don't make the CL.

edit: I see he's starting alongside VDB, must've recovered then.
Calvert-lewin? Bit of a throw back striker, not sure he's of the quality needed to lead the line for someone with, at minimum, CL football.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Before this season, I'd never been sold on Dybala. However, I think he's been brilliant so far this year. Even now playing a more deeper role to accommodate Vlahovic.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What about Adeyemi?
Posted about him before, he is believed to be Dortmund's Haaland replacement in the summer. Quite unlikely that he wants to go to the PL as his next step.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Is this Darwin Nunez at Benfica any good? Was linked with West Ham in January.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
How about PSV's Cody Gakpo? He mostly plays off the left, but He's filled in at CF before with success. I'm watching him right now and he's capable of playing with his back to goal.
All round, flexible player. Tall, fast, good work rate.

Matt851

I’ve followed him since his AZ days he’s a very good striker and far better technically than his frame would suggest.

But he’s definitely not a United player.
Yet he would without question be the best forward at the club

The Dane

According to DM Alexander Isaks release clause is 75M. That is double of what I would expect him to cost and hopefully nowhere near what we are willing to pay

davidmichael

Adeyemi at RB Salzburg looks fantastic, Dybala is available on a free and could be fantastic as a false 9 flanked by Sancho and Rashford if they were both in form, Nunez at Benfica also looks promising so there’s value out there but we’ll chase Haaland all summer with zero chance of getting him then end up promoting Hugill or McNeil.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
How about PSV's Cody Gakpo? He mostly plays off the left, but He's filled in at CF before with success. I'm watching him right now and he's capable of playing with his back to goal.
All round, flexible player. Tall, fast, good work rate.

Magnificent player but he’ll move to Italy or Spain.
Yet he would without question be the best forward at the club
Hyperbolic statement and this is coming from someone who also supports AZ. The only player from AZ capable of doing very well in the PL and United was Teun Koopmeiners.
Adeyemi at RB Salzburg looks fantastic, Dybala is available on a free and could be fantastic as a false 9 flanked by Sancho and Rashford if they were both in form, Nunez at Benfica also looks promising so there’s value out there but we’ll chase Haaland all summer with zero chance of getting him then end up promoting Hugill or McNeil.
We’re now too small a club for Haaland. We aren’t competing for top honours anymore.

Matt851

Magnificent player but he’ll move to Italy or Spain.

Hyperbolic statement and this is coming from someone who also supports AZ. The only player from AZ capable of doing very well in the PL and United was Teun Koopmeiners.

We’re now too small a club for Haaland. We aren’t competing for top honours anymore.
It's more a statement on the quality of our current options than weghorsts quality. We have Ronaldo who is a complete none entity now, a goal poacher who isn't scoring goals, cavani who is barely ever fit and looks past it when he is and rashford who can't really play up front. Even a limited but big and powerful striker would offer more than these options - even ignoring goal threat we need someone who can hold the ball up

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You look hard enough and you can find some real talented up and coming players and I hope, HOPE, Rangnick uses all his experience and knowledge in that field and get a couple in for himself or the new guy.

croadyman

You look hard enough and you can find some real talented up and coming players and I hope, HOPE, Rangnick uses all his experience and knowledge in that field and get a couple in for himself or the new guy.
Yeah I am behind Ralf because feel he will show in the summer his DOF expertise so we don't waste millions on toys

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Based on what?
It's been reported he has spoken to City and Liverpool. Could be agent talk of course.

I could see him being converted to CF similar to RVP.
100% he has the kind of skill set a modern CF might need. I think the Liverpool and City talk is agents especially after Liverpool signed Diaz.

dinostar77

We need someone who can come in and do the job. Not a young prospect who needs nurturing. If Cavani and Ronaldo leave we are very light uptop. No-one knows whats going to happen with greenwood. Rashford is better off the left and martial is better off being sold regardless.

It honestly wouldnt suprise me if the club went with a finished article like DCL or Kane. A guareentee of goals and then sign a younger understudy to bring through in slower time.

Woodenlung

Kane would be a poor buy for the transfer fee he'd command. He'd be 29 by the time he played his first league game for us and I think there's some early evidence out there that suggests he's potentially on the decline as a player.

He's having a poor season goalscoring wise, but that can happen to any striker. But I don't think his all round performance is as good as a few seasons ago. He certainly isn't linking up with his other forwards.

spe88

Darwin Nunez has some impressive stats this season. I hope we have scouts looking at him.

Mainoldo

We need someone who can come in and do the job. Not a young prospect who needs nurturing. If Cavani and Ronaldo leave we are very light uptop. No-one knows whats going to happen with greenwood. Rashford is better off the left and martial is better off being sold regardless.

It honestly wouldnt suprise me if the club went with a finished article like DCL or Kane. A guareentee of goals and then sign a younger understudy to bring through in slower time.
Romano said a ready number 9. So I feel it will be a young striker at the 22-24 mould rather than an 19-21 year old you might be thinking off.

Cheekiey

Been linked with Nkunku recently, I’ve not seen much of him but from what I have he looks a very good false 9 option

Rolaholic

Really hope we take a look at Rafael Leao and Jonathan David, really talented and hardworking young strikers (both 22) who won't necessarily break the bank unlike some of the other names being floated (Felix and Vlahovic before)

jb8521

Personally I'd hope we're having a look at Amine Gouiri. Well rounded, hard working, able to drift into wide positions & unlike a lot of the other strikers being mentioned he creates for others as well as himself so has an impact even when he isn't scoring himself.

SER19

I imagine Patrick Schick is being considered if Romano's 'young but ready number 9' has any truth to it.

26, having a great season, likely well known by Rangnick

Calvert-Lewin is gone off the boil a bit, but showed real promise last season and is certainly a physical number 9.