Potential striker targets for the summer

SAFMUTD

We should stop messing around and bring top top talent, no promising youngsters, no medium tier players nor used to be top tier players. We need top talent at their peak, we are the richest club in the world we should better start acting that way.

Some options:
Dybala
Kane
Griezmann
Mbappe
Icardi

Any of those would require a 150+ offer, but they worth it.

Mylock

We need to alternate between rashford and martial for the number 9 role. Both have obvious weaknesses that can be worked on. Rashford seems over anxious when he's in scoring position, it seems to be getting worse game by game. He has has the talent but needs to stop looking to burst the net every time he's in front of the goal, especially in 1 to 1 positions. This can be worked on, he's still so young, he won't start to mature for another year or two, but i see him getting there. As for martial he's a great finisher but has poor movement, once this can be improved he's going to be some player. What i believe we need is someone like vardy or cavani as centre forward, experienced, very aggressive and hard working , a player martial & rashford could learn a lot from. Martial & rashford reminds me of Rooney and Ronaldo when they were broke in ( not as good, but in their inconsistency) what their missing is a Tevez or a van nistelrooy to learn from. Lukaku was never and will never be the type of number 9 we need to build a team around.

JohnnyKills

Loads of reports in Spanish press today that Dembele has messed up by failing to report for training. Apparently he had gastroenteritis and failed to tell the club. The reports also suggest this is the latest in a string of indiscretions and there are serious concerns about his attitude.

Should we be thinking about a bid in the summer? Seems he'd be more suited to the PL and would have plenty of French players around him at United, although if he's not willing to put the effort in at Barcelona not sure why he'd be different anywhere else.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Loads of reports in Spanish press today that Dembele has messed up by failing to report for training. Apparently he had gastroenteritis and failed to tell the club. The reports also suggest this is the latest in a string of indiscretions and there are serious concerns about his attitude.

Should we be thinking about a bid in the summer? Seems he'd be more suited to the PL and would have plenty of French players around him at United, although if he's not willing to put the effort in at Barcelona not sure why he'd be different anywhere else.
A- he is not a striker
B- his attitude sucks big time

Piatek would be a great signing for us. Hes good and he wouldn't cost a bomb

JohnnyKills

A- he is not a striker
B- his attitude sucks big time

Piatek would be a great signing for us. Hes good and he wouldn't cost a bomb
No but Rashford and Martial could play striker in a fluid front three.

BTW tagline is a joke, right? You didn't actually switch clubs?

devilish

No but Rashford and Martial could play striker in a fluid front three.

BTW tagline is a joke, right? You didn't actually switch clubs?
I Don't mind that tbh. I think that before judging a striker one must make sure that the creative department is good enough

And of course that's a joke

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I would hope we do make a move if he becomes available.

beingshe7don

If we can get Dembele without Barca wanting Pogba in return he would be my preference, not any out and out striker
Getting Dembele and having Martial and Dembele on either side of Lukaku/ Rashford would be a masterstroke. Pogba and Martial seemed to have mended his relationship with Mourinho. There's a scarcity of really good young strikers. Icardi is a good choice but I would rather us get Skriniar instead from Inter.

I would like us to promote Mason Greenwood to the first team and sell Sanchez to PSG. Mason could get games as he can be used anywhere in attack.

marktan

Richarlison? Technically looks very good, and will only improve. Looks to have a hard working attitude too.

beingshe7don

Richarlison? Technically looks very good, and will only improve. Looks to have a hard working attitude too.
Everton just paid 50m for him. He'll easily cost us around 65m based on his performances. Not sure he's worth 65m in my opinion.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Our next attacking target has to be someone that can play on the right.
Dembele for me although, I am concerned about the attitude rumours.

devilish

Haha ok, on this forum you never know!
Some people lack the ability to comprehend that one can praise a certain part of a club without actually supporting that club. I guess its a cultural thing. In our side of world its very normal to do so. In fact Inter (ie Juventus version of our Liverpool) are doing their very best to sign their CEO and bringing in some of Juventus good management into their club. Does that mean that all Interisti are Juventus fans? Of course not.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Some options:
Dybala
Kane
Griezmann
Mbappe
Icardi
Why would any of these players join us?

Dybala? Happy at Juve and the only time he spoke about leaving he mentioned Madrid/Barca.

Kane? Levy would rather sell to Madrid than to us, Kane signed an extension quite recently too.

Griezmann? Signed an extension and turned down Barca.

Mbappe? Absolutely no chance, not even 0,1%.

Icardi? He might leave Inter next year but expect Madrid to chase after him.

SAFMUTD

Why would any of these players join us?

Dybala? Happy at Juve and the only time he spoke about leaving he mentioned Madrid/Barca.

Kane? Levy would rather sell to Madrid than to us, Kane signed an extension quite recently too.

Griezmann? Signed an extension and turned down Barca.

Mbappe? Absolutely no chance, not even 0,1%.

Icardi? He might leave Inter next year but expect Madrid to chase after him.
Money.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

PSG,City,Real and Barca can all match our wages and they're all more likely to land a player if we both go for him unless they value

Dembele turned up late again at the Camp Nou today. Seems like he's trying hard to get a transfer away.
No Barca is the club of his dreams, he wants to stay there his whole career.
He just legitimately has poor work ethic.

LuckyScout78

United shall send scouts to take a closer look at Luka Jovic playing for E.Frankfurt. A upcoming CF. A really sharp and clinical left foot CF. About few years you will hear more about this name. Mark it. If you give the boy a bit of space and time inside the box, then you are done. He is really sharp, just say it.

Andersons Dietician

Dembele turned up late again at the Camp Nou today. Seems like he's trying hard to get a transfer away.
I’m sure it’s just a coincidence but every time I’m scrolling through Instagram and see a Lindelof post every single pic seems to have been liked by Ousmane. Seems a bit of a random friendship, but the internal muppet wants to beleive it’s a sign he is trying to engineer a move to United.

LuckyScout78

I agree with those who have mentioned Piatek from Genoa. He looks like he is having really high determination as CF. He is clinical, because clinical and sharpness goes hand in hand with determination. And Piatek does have that so call killer instinct as a striker. Same with the boy Jovic i mentioned above. But compare to Jovic i think Piatek has more guts and raw power in his style. But both of them are sharp infront of goal. So that are two really good upcoming striker options to consider and buy. It might be like Cola and Pepsi. I like them equal, so far. And for both of them. They are not playing for the top and best team in the league. It mean the level and quality of their teammates. The creators and delivers of the assist and last pass to them and the support from theirs team are not as good as striker who are playing for the best team like Dortmund, Bayern Munich and Juventus. So to be topscorer so far in the league. Its impressive. And if they can be on top of that chart until the end of the season, then its big big chance their are the real deal. And both of Piatek and Jovic as i have observed have good enough pace and acceleration as strikers too. So sum up, they hit really high rate on all the abilities i look in a striker. Definitive upcoming strikers to keep close eyes on.

Canagel

Our next attacking target has to be someone that can play on the right.
Dembele for me although, I am concerned about the attitude rumours.
I think he would do very well in England.
Barcelona are a very disciplinarian club. It's like being at school you have to do everything they say and for some players it's too strict.
In England I think there are many young attackers and he would be able to express himself much better.

ToToMarshall

It all really depends on who our manager is in the mid-to-long-term future. If it’s still somehow Mourinho, our £75+m striker isn’t going anywhere and when he’s fit he’ll be the main man. For whatever you’d call Mourinho’s style, Alexis and Martial aren’t going to cut it as no.9s, even Rashford who I think will be a no.9 eventually can’t do it. We’d need someone who can effectively carry out what José wants his striker to do, and won’t expect to start every game.

Taking all this in to account, I really wouldn’t be surprised if we go in for Arnautovic... and I wouldn’t be totally against it.

Since becoming a proper no.9 for a crap West Ham under Moyes, he’s actually done pretty well and put up decent numbers. He’s a good player, he’s massive but still quite athletic (not unlike a certain Swede José was partial to, although of course nowhere near as talented), and he’s an absolute shithouse - something I think we miss at United.

Not the most glamorous of signings, but I really wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen, even in January.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Whose the next Aguero/Suarez/Tevez type of striker out there? someone who can play ball, take the breath away, get involved with the link up but can go past 2/3 players and bang it off either foot and has cracking movement too.. and isn't a lanky or fat piece of shit...

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Whose the next Aguero/Suarez/Tevez type of striker out there? someone who can play ball, take the breath away, get involved with the link up but can go past 2/3 players and bang it off either foot and has cracking movement too.. and isn't a lanky or fat piece of shit...
:lol:

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Gio Simeone ticks a lot of those boxes imo. Very similar to Suarez not sure he can reach that level though.

Yeah,Jose wanted another physical presence uptop.
Which is ok for the system he plays but it'll likely be tumescent viewing.

Last edited:

manunited1919

We need to give Alexis a run of games as a striker.

Another possibility: trade Marcus Rashford for Memphis Depay, and slap a buyback clause on Rashford. Memphis to play as striker.

RedDevilRoshi

We should stop messing around and bring top top talent, no promising youngsters, no medium tier players nor used to be top tier players. We need top talent at their peak, we are the richest club in the world we should better start acting that way.

Some options:
Dybala
Kane
Griezmann
Mbappe
Icardi

Any of those would require a 150+ offer, but they worth it.

Think you’ve been playing too much Football Manager if you think we have a remotely, realistic chance of landing any of those names mentioned.

Would be fantastic if we did but cannot see it

Ander herrera the warrior

How about we take a punt on Andrea Belotti? His form dropped after his injury and they say he could be available for cheap. We are in a situation where we already spent huge money on Lukaku and its not easy to sell him or to buy another expensive player. This could be an option.

SAFMUTD

Think you’ve been playing too much Football Manager if you think we have a remotely, realistic chance of landing any of those names mentioned.

Would be fantastic if we did but cannot see it
Everything seems impossible until it gets done.

It was impossible for us to get Pogba, it was impossible for PSG to get Neymar, impossible for Juventus to get Cristiano and yet they all happen.

For the right amount we could land anyone and considering we are the richest club I don’t see why we can’t.

RedFish

How's Bellotti getting on? What I saw of him at the time we were looking at Morata and Lukaku, I was super imorrssed. Seemed like a perfect no 9/for the Premiership. Shearer like dare I say it. His heading I remember was out of this world.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
How's Bellotti getting on? What I saw of him at the time we were looking at Morata and Lukaku, I was super imorrssed. Seemed like a perfect no 9/for the Premiership. Shearer like dare I say it. His heading I remember was out of this world.
he is getting a better season but he is not a top player. Immobile eventually is a much more consistent scoarer. Anyway I believe that the problem sits on the bench