Potential Ten Hag XI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

Without any new signings and assumed departures of those with their contract running out.

DDG
Dalot, Varane, Lindelof, Shaw
Matic
Fred, VdB
Sancho, Ronaldo, Bruno
I think DM is the clear issue but also intrigued to see how he uses Bruno. Don't think he would play as a traditional forward but think he either becomes a forward or dramatically changes his way of playing in midfield.

Dazzmondo

Bringing in Mazraoui, Timber and Antony along from Ajax along with Rice and Kamara fixes virtually every problem in the squad and maybe Johnstone and Eriksen on frees then that can be balanced out with the outgoings of Henderson, Dalot, Bailly, Jones, Tuanzebe, Williams, Matic, Pereira, Pogba, Mata, Lingard, Cavani and Martial.

Promoting Laird, Mengi, Garner, Mejbri and Shoretire to the first team packs out the squad although we would still have the uncertainty over Greenwood and also Ronaldo as first choice striker which unless someone offers the wages he’d want I don’t see being resolved til summer of 2023.

A starting eleven of De Gea, Mazraoui, Varane, Timber, Shaw, McTominay, Rice, Fernandes, Antony, Ronaldo, Sancho is a lot more balanced and hardworking than we currently have with Johnstone, AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Mengi, Telles, Kamara, Fred, Garner, Mejbri, VDB, Eriksen, I’ll include Greenwood as things stand, Rashford, Shoretire and Elanga all in reserve.
Mazraoui is all but confirmed to Bayern unfortunately. A shame because there aren't many good rbs that would suit ETH's system on the market

James Peril

Is anyone else a little concerned about these constant reports of Ten Hag being "loyal" to his players? Isn't that exactly what we got frustrated at Ole for?
The difference is that ETH is a professional manager and OGS wasn’t fit to place the cones on the training pitch.

UpWithRivers

-----------------------De Gea
Mazroui-----Varane-----Maguire--Shaw
--------------Neves-----Bissouma
-----------------------Bruno----------
Sancho---------Nkunku---------Rashford

Mazroui - Free
Neves - 70 mil
Bissouma - 50 mil
Nkunku - 70 mil
Total - 190

Nice to Have
Kamara - Free
CB -Rudigar free or Kounde/Torres - 70 mil

Sell WB and one of Fred/McTominay - That should get 60-80 mill on top of the whole list of other usual suspects to leave - Martial, Pogba, Lingard, Cavani, Matic, Mata, Bailly, Jones etc - Total sales should come to 80-100 plus. Should sell Maguire for a new CB as well but that seems unlikely

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Without any new signings and assumed departures of those with their contract running out.

DDG
Dalot, Varane, Lindelof, Shaw
Matic
Fred, VdB
Sancho, Ronaldo, Bruno
I think DM is the clear issue but also intrigued to see how he uses Bruno. Don't think he would play as a traditional forward but think he either becomes a forward or dramatically changes his way of playing in midfield.
Pretty much how I see it. Bruno definitely would suit the Tadic type creator on the Left, with ETH preference for the inverted winger.
It would work in his system but as you say the sore thumb is Matic. I can’t see him having the legs anymore so hopefully we can recruit someone to provide that role.

I don’t see us spending much on a winger like Antony especially with Martial returning, the keeper situation will be interesting too, but I don’t think ETH will focus on uprooting that position.

Kaos

I keep seeing Mazraoui and Gravenberch in these lineups. You all realise they're Raiola clients who are almost certainly Bayern bound?

davidmichael

Mazraoui is all but confirmed to Bayern unfortunately. A shame because there aren't many good rbs that would suit ETH's system on the market
I thought Bayern were in for Dest from Barca ? He is apparently done at Barca and Bayern wanted him before and still apparently have interest ? I’d take Dest for us too if Mazraoui goes to Bayern, could be available for £25 million with Barca needing funds.

ManRed

We dont need to rebuild the squad in 1 window. Get 3 good players thats fit the system and get a few underperforming players firing (Rashford, Maguire) and it will look a whole different team

Ronaldo / New ST

Sancho/Rashford Bruno/VDB New LW/Elanga

Fred/Garner New DM/Matic

Shaw/Telles Lindelof/Maguire Varane/New Backup CB Dalot/AWB

De Gea/Hendo

Start with getting

A new ST - Young striker so he has a year to get comfortable to the league and not pressured to start scoring right away

A top RW and DM - First team quality who will give the balance to the team we lacking

Back up CB - If Baily is moving on then a 4th choice CB or retrain Scott there which ETH has done before

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Not particularly no. I mean his average age range has been between 22 and 27 his whole Ajax tenure so far
that's because Ajax have a young squad and always talents who are good enough for the first team. But isn't using youth players as much as he should

Andersonson

Anyone who thinks or wants Beek in their team needs a reality check. We badly need a CM or two. We also need a RB, striker and a CB. Im not sure how much the glazers are willing to spend but the new manager has a huge task in front of him.

We cannot go another season with McFred, Matic and Beek. We will be doomed. Also huge huge questions marks on Maguire, Rashford, Ronaldo and Sancho.

Status
Not open for further replies.