g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Potential Ten Hag XI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I’m not being funny, but Graham Potter has managed to create exciting, possession football from essentially Championship level players. If ETH can’t consistently produce stylish football with a squad worth over half a billion then he’s not the manger we need!
This myth needs to die, Brighton's squad is not made up of championship players

I can not be bothered to list them all, but the majority are all capped internationals at senior level, the ones that are not like Maupay are still not Championship level. Potter has a very decent squad and it could be easily argued that he should be higher in the league with them than he is. The idea that Brighton's team is on a par with Forest or Middlesbrough and the difference is the manager is utter rubbish, they are streets ahead.

Dan_F

This myth needs to die, Brighton's squad is not made up of championship players

I can not be bothered to list them all, but the majority are all capped internationals at senior level, the ones that are not like Maupay are still not Championship level. Potter has a very decent squad and it could be easily argued that he should be higher in the league with them than he is. The idea that Brighton's team is on a par with Forest or Middlesbrough and the difference is the manager is utter rubbish, they are streets ahead.
Just as well, we’d be fighting relegation if we had to play Boro level teams every week.

CM

I don't think so. I'd take Telles over Shaw any day at this point. Shaw sure feels like part of the problem. Maybe a new manager can change that but I hope we move on.
Shaw has been poor this season but football is fickle. Last season he was at least as good as Robertson, probably better. Telles has never been that good.

Granted Shaw needs to be far more consistent than he is, but that same criticism can be directed towards most of the first-team here. If he can get back even close to the level he was playing at last season, I'm confident he will be a key player for ten Hag.

Telsim

Fernandes will promptly be dropped for VDB after he gives the ball away a couple of times. Why you would play Hannibal instead of Fred with a DM like Rice is beyond me? Hannibal can't even make Tunisia's first XI, but suddenly he is better pick than Fred? :lol: Besides, Rice is a non-starter. As much as I want him here the fee is well beyond insane. Maybe next year or the year after.

Matt007a

I’d take Shaw over Telles when on form. Telles is a better crosser but he doesn’t have Shaws speed or ability to break forward at pace which is pretty essential for a full back these days.

That said I have a suspicion that Shaw is one of our cry baby leakers to the press. No proof of it but his comments when he’s away with England and his previous issues with Jose just give me a bad feeling. If he is then he should be moved on out the door because that’s not the right attitude.

I think in the long term both fullbacks need upgrading but I doubt it will be his priority this season. A fast CB to allow a higher line, at least 1 midfielder, a striker and a right sided winger are more urgent. I’m certain Sancho will play on the left, where he is more effective than the right.

GL21

I think he's a great player and I know that would be a very unpopular thought here but even if he was as bad as people make him out to be, who can we sign for the CM position that is legitimately suited to play for a team challenging for PL / CL titles? Also McT is one of the few players that offer that physicality that most of the squad is lacking like Rangnick said.

I feel like in a functional team most of the players that are getting the most shit from the fans at the moment (Maguire, Shaw, McTominay, etc.) will become very good players.
Probably unpopular by the looks of things but I'm totally with you on this. I have big hopes for McT unlike Fred. Yea Fred has improved but I do not think he is ever a 50m player and def should not have been a United player

RedC

-------------------------- Erik ---------------------------
---- Hag ----- Hag --------- Hag ------ Hag ----
----------------- Hag --------- Hag ------------------

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Two centre backs that both want to drop off and a goalkeeper who doesn't want to leave his line in any circumstances. I just don't see how that is a combination Ten Hag would ever pick and frankly it's a combination no manager should ever pick.
We will make signings for the first XI so can take out a few of the squad names there
Like I said this is a starting point based on what we have. If you don’t like Lindelof then Captain Maguire is back in. I don’t see us buying yet another CB. Jones and Bailly (and probably Axel) will probably go then we will stick with what’s left.
In midfield we will def sign 1 maybe two. Tchouameni I mentioned - he should be the one but he’ll most likely go to Madrid. I like Neves, but I don’t trust the links to him - the club alway seem to naysay or distance from them. Tielemens is another I like but Leicester could make him expensive.
That leaves maybe a striker. Kane? Can I see him up top with Ronaldo? Not sure. I don’t think we are seriously interested in Nunez. We need a Chicharito/Solksjaer type signing but I don’t know who that might be.
De Gea
Dalot Varane Maguire Williams
Tchouameni
Fred Garner
Bruno
Ronaldo Kane

De Gea
Bruno Garner Tielemans
Sancho Ronaldo Rashford

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
-------------------------- Erik ---------------------------
----------------- Hag --------- Hag ------------------
TEN Hags Jeremy? That's insane.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think that we'll witness a busy transfer market with 6-7 players similar to what we've had with LVG during his first year. I don't think we'll get big names but we'll certainly add players that fits ETH's game like Tagliafico, Timber, Tielemans, B Kamara, Darwin Nunez and Antony. United will be looking to offload players such as Telles/Shaw, Henderson, Martial and possibly Ronaldo while people like Cavani, Lingard and Mata will leave on a free.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think that we'll witness a busy transfer market with 6-7 players similar to what we've had with LVG during his first year. I don't think we'll get big names but we'll certainly add players that fits ETH's game like Tagliafico, Timber, Tielemans, B Kamara, Darwin Nunez and Antony. United will be looking to offload players such as Telles/Shaw, Henderson, Martial and possibly Ronaldo while people like Cavani, Lingard and Mata will leave on a free.
Our squad is heavily bloated. Wel need to offload a fair bit more than that to warrant that many incoming is think.

Also Tielemans really doesn't inspire me, I would be surprised if Ten Hag wanted him too. Hes a bit lightweight in midfield.

devilish

Our squad is heavily bloated. Wel need to offload a fair bit more than that to warrant that many incoming is think.

Also Tielemans really doesn't inspire me, I would be surprised if Ten Hag wanted him too. Hes a bit lightweight in midfield.
Grant will retire, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Pogba, Ronaldo and Cavani will leave and United will be actively seeking buyers for the likes of Pellistri, Martial, Henderson and Bailly. Most of the players I mentioned will be on far less salary then these guys. Another player who might interest ETH is Edson Alvarez and Neves. It would be one between these guys and Tielemans of course.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
De Gea

Dalot
Maguire
Varane
Telles

Fred
McTominay
Bruno

Sancho
Ronaldo
Elanga

#Ralfball

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Grant will retire, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Pogba, Ronaldo and Cavani will leave and United will be actively seeking buyers for the likes of Pellistri, Martial, Henderson and Bailly. Most of the players I mentioned will be on far less salary then these guys.
That's extremely presumptious:

Ronaldo - no confirmation or hints on him. The credible reports seem to be planning for him to be around next season.
Henderson - I'd argue there's a good case that ETH plays him next year. Henderson was linked to Ajax this season and ETH wants a GK with good distribution, that is not DDG. Will be interesting to see who he chooses but Henderson leaving United is far from a foregone conclusion.
Pellistri - probably a loan but our squad was bloated without him.
Martial - I don't see who on earth would buy him. His wages are stupid and he's flopped as Sevilla.

Even if you allow all the people expiring contracts + 2-3 sales on top, you still have a squad that's arguably too big to justify 4 incomings let alone 6.

Jacob

DDG
Dalot ------------ Varane ---------- Lindelöf ------------ Shaw
Neves
Gravenberch
------------- Bruno
Antony ------------------------------------------ Sancho
Nkunku

Bench: Heaton, Telles, Maguire, Fred, Rashford, Mejbri, Elanga, Laird

(I've never seen any of the proposed signings touch a ball except for Neves)

EtH doesn't like to rotate and is stubborn with late subs, that only speaks for a thin but fit squad.

Get rid of: Pogba, Ronaldo, Martial, Mata, Matic, Grant, Lingard, Jones, Bailly, Amad, Greenwood, AWB, Scott

Actually more excited about the potential leavers than incomers. The wage bill could be cut in half.

devilish

That's extremely presumptious:

Ronaldo - no confirmation or hints on him. The credible reports seem to be planning for him to be around next season.
Henderson - I'd argue there's a good case that ETH plays him next year. Henderson was linked to Ajax this season and ETH wants a GK with good distribution, that is not DDG. Will be interesting to see who he chooses but Henderson leaving United is far from a foregone conclusion.
Pellistri - probably a loan but our squad was bloated without him.
Martial - I don't see who on earth would buy him. His wages are stupid and he's flopped as Sevilla.

Even if you allow all the people expiring contracts + 2-3 sales on top, you still have a squad that's arguably too big to justify 4 incomings let alone 6.
No its politics

Ronaldo - He's got a brand name to protect so ending playing second fiddle to a new striker while we're busy trying to win the Conference League won't suit that. He'll probably use this opportunity to leave while he's still have a reputation to spare

Henderson - DDG is the highest paid GK in the world and is our current best performer. ETH won't go against that when he's got to pick so many fights elsewhere

Pellistri - How many years should the guy wonder across the globe before he call quits? Even if he remains he's possibly on pocket money so he'll have zero impact

Martial - That's an issue and I can see us paying half his salary so he can move elsewhere. I dare saying to Juve (who'll need someone to make fans forget Dybala)

Then we're getting the likes of Pogba, Mata and Lingard

Most of the players I mentioned are on cheap salary. Tagliafico is on 2.5m euros a year, Alvarez on 1.69m euros per year, Antony on 1.5m euros per year while Timber is said to be on less than that. Pogba on his own is on 17.5m euros per year

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I just pray he priorities CM. We need 3 players there. Hopefully sign 2 and give Mejbri/Garner a chance.

That would instantly improve this current team even if it’s still far from the end result.

At the end of day this will take multiple windows. Just concentrate on that midfield first.

RkkMan

Like I said this is a starting point based on what we have. If you don’t like Lindelof then Captain Maguire is back in. I don’t see us buying yet another CB. Jones and Bailly (and probably Axel) will probably go then we will stick with what’s left.
In midfield we will def sign 1 maybe two. Tchouameni I mentioned - he should be the one but he’ll most likely go to Madrid. I like Neves, but I don’t trust the links to him - the club alway seem to naysay or distance from them. Tielemens is another I like but Leicester could make him expensive.
That leaves maybe a striker. Kane? Can I see him up top with Ronaldo? Not sure. I don’t think we are seriously interested in Nunez. We need a Chicharito/Solksjaer type signing but I don’t know who that might be.
De Gea
Tchouameni
Fred Garner
Bruno
Ronaldo Kane

De Gea
Bruno Garner Tielemans
Sancho Ronaldo Rashford
So you think we'll go into next season with just 3 first choice CBs for 50-60 games a season? No chance
We've been reliably linked with Akanji and Timber if Bailly, Axel or/and Jones go we'll 100% get a new CB

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
So you think we'll go into next season with just 3 first choice CBs for 50-60 games a season? No chance
We've been reliably linked with Akanji and Timber if Bailly, Axel or/and Jones go we'll 100% get a new CB
Don’t forget we have Mengi out on loan who is highly thought of, and there is no guarantee we sell all three of our unused CB. This is United after all.

Cantonagotmehere

Shaw has been poor this season but football is fickle. Last season he was at least as good as Robertson, probably better. Telles has never been that good.

Granted Shaw needs to be far more consistent than he is, but that same criticism can be directed towards most of the first-team here. If he can get back even close to the level he was playing at last season, I'm confident he will be a key player for ten Hag.
Good points. If ETH wants Shaw, I will get totally behind him. But, his attitude over the years has been a problem for me. Not sure why he could not keep up his Euros form for United.

RkkMan

Don’t forget we have Mengi out on loan who is highly thought of, and there is no guarantee we sell all three of our unused CB. This is United after all.
Mengi is NOWHERE near ready for first team football, has had an average loan spell and currently injured it'll be depth suicide using him as cover.
We may not sell all 3 but Jones is a ghost he'd hardly be used even if he stayed. Axel has a year left on his deal and hasn't warranted an extension we have to sell. Bailly has been actively seeking a move for 2 straight windows and almost left for AC Milan in January we can't keep an unhappy player forever.
If Bailly stays then yes we may not need a CB but with his game time demands it's not likely

Last edited:

We Need Another Rebuild

There will be around 10 players leave the club this summer, ETH will want to remove all the players who don't want to be here and work with the lads who want to.

Out:
Cavani
Pogba
Mata
Lingard
Grant
Jones
Bailly
Matic
Tuanzebe
Williams
Martial
Pereira
Greenwood

There are 13 players who are all likely to leave, possibly not all in one window but with those sales and free agents we could save millions on the wage bill and bulk up the transfer kitty.

Lineup:

Henderson
Dalot Varane Timber Shaw
Bruno Rice Fred
Elanga Nunez Sancho

Looking at around £220 million in outgoings, with the above sales and the fact the glazers spend big when out of the CL could be a realistic summer.

Ronaldo could also leave but not sure if we got rid of the above, and packed the squad out with Youth team players.

Suv666

De Gea
Valencia Smalling Jones Rojo
Bastian
Schniderlin Fellaini
ADM Falcao Depay

SAFMUTD

What's up with the posters adding 4-5 new players into the starting XI?

Do you seriously believe we'll spend 350M+ this window?

At most it'll be 2 or 3 players. I'm expecting a midfielder, a right winder and a back up striker.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm sorry to burst a lot of bubbles, but I do feel that the new manager will persist with the current squad.
I don't know what politics are at play, but it seems that no matter who manages us, we persist with players who simply are not good enough.
Scott McT and Fred should NEVER play in the first team again, yet I guarantee that they'll be playing if fit. With those 2 as our midfield, we will lose almost every midfield battle and that includes (against) the relegation battlers.
Harry Maguire, our worst defender, will not only play every match, but he'll probably remain captain.
Then we have Rashford who has been dreadful for 2 years. He'll play, for sure.

It is utterly shocking and damning that some of our players attempted to press and play the Ralf R way (remember those 30 minutes against Crystal Palace) and since then told Ralf that they can't run that much, so Ralf had no choice but to revert back to Ole ball.

We'll continue buying galactic class players, making them the most highly paid footballers on the planet and they'll play like garbage. Quite frankly, I don't see anything changing until the owners are changed. Once that happens, I guarantee you, most of the squad would be sold and we'll bring in players who are willing to run and put in an effort.

We are due to play Norwich next and I suspect they'll outplay (and probably beat) us.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

At most it'll be 2 or 3 players. I'm expecting a midfielder, a right winder and a back up striker.
A lot of these fans are young kids, so they are getting a little excited. They don't understand that changes happen incrementally, over several years.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I’m hoping we have a productive transfer window. Ten Hag’s future here depends on it. We need hungry players not superstars

Yagami

Good post resistant
The key for me will be who we get to play the "De Jong" role. Basically, a Beckenbauer-esque player in possession who will drop deep, allowing the two CBs to split, and will calmy keep possession under pressure at the back with la Pelopina turns, and will advance play with ball carrying.

Outside of De Jong himself, the best two options for that role are Verratti and Arthur. Verratti is a no-go, but it looks like Arthur joining an English club is inevitable. We should be competing for him with Arsenal, Newcastle, etc.

The most fitting players for the role we currently have are Matic and Galbraith. Matic is unfortunately done physically, and I doubt Galbraith will be afforded the chance to prove himself.

There's players like Sergi Darder who are in the category of press resistant cms who fit the role, but I just can't see us targeting players like that.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
hoping for something radical:

Hendo

Lindelof Varane Gvardiol

McT Ruiz Tchouameni Fred

Anthony Nkunku Sancho
But it'll probably be:

DDG

Timber Varane Maguire Shaw

Laimer Kamara

Nkunku Bruno Sancho

CR7​

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Not every player has to be signed for 80m. If we are smart with recruitment, targeting players who are out of contract or are available for less than 40m or so, we could easily start next season with 4-5 new players. Combine that with us likely getting a lot of wages off our books and perhaps selling some players of our own, there's a good amount of money available.

diarm

Henderson
Timber Varane Gvardiol Telles
Laimer VdBeek
Antony Bruno Sancho
Nunez

De Gea, Laird, Lindelof, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Hannibal, Elanga, Rashford​

SAFMUTD

Not every player has to be signed for 80m. If we are smart with recruitment, targeting players who are out of contract or are available for less than 40m or so, we could easily start next season with 4-5 new players. Combine that with us likely getting a lot of wages off our books and perhaps selling some players of our own, there's a good amount of money available.
Watching the names included, such as Tchouameni, Antony, Rice, etc I don't think any of those is available for less than 40M.

Also, there's hardly a window in which we buy 4-5 starters, if that's what Ten Hag wants so be it. I'm all in to support him as much as necessary.

Dazzmondo

If we were to use the current squad and players I expect to return from loan and be a part of the squad next season it actually doesn't look as bad as I initially feared, especially considering ETH doesn't rotate much.

1st XI:

De Gea

Dalot Lindelof Varane Shaw

McTominay
Fernandes Van De Beek

Sancho Ronaldo Rashford
-----------------------------------------------

Backup:

Heaton

Laird Maguire Jones Telles

Garner
Fred Hannibal

Diallo Martial Elanga

The only player in the First XI that absolutely couldn't work in ETH's team is McTominay. Rashford could potentially rediscover his form, even if it looks unlikely right now. I'd say Martial would be acceptable cover for the striker and lw, unlikely he would play much and we probably won't be able to sell him anyway. The biggest demand probably comes on whether VDB can perform, but having a player that already understands Ten Hag's system could be very useful, especially at the start when the others are trying to learn it from scratch. If he can't perform, Fred is a decent alternative. I also think rb is very weak and AWB serves literally no purpose, to the point where Laird could jump ahead of him in the pecking order by default, or perhaps we could shift Lindelof out there occasionally to play the role in a similar way to how Blind plays lb, allowing Shaw to push further forward in these games. If the players can adapt it actually might be more realistic to get a Declan Rice than I originally thought. Despite what Moyes said, I think West Ham would probably accept £100m or maybe slightly over it. Because we probably can't just gamble on Rashford becoming the player he was, I'd imagine we'll need some sort of winger, whether it's on the right or left wing. Ronaldo is 100% staying imo so I don't know about the idea of a new striker coming in. I doubt ETH would play a 2 striker system considering our squad and I also don't think he would drop Ronaldo. When I see the main link being to Nunez for like €80m right after he scored against Liverpool and got people talking I'm kinda sceptical also. I know Rangnick wants a new forward, but I'm not as sure how big a priority it will be for ETH. I expect it would be at least 3rd behind dm and winger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.