Pre-Match Press Conference | Atalanta v Manchester United | Champions League | Solskjaer & Fernandes

Denis79

I rather think you should be honest to yourself. You´d love his pressers if we were top of the league. The situation considered, he handled it really well.
Yes exactly! I would love it then but we're not top of the league but he acts like it.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Yes exactly! I would love it then but we're not top of the league but he acts like it.
Does he?

Can you give me an example of a press conference where he’s acted this way and not acknowledged the work we have to do?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
This. It was just a year or so ago that he was going against RvP saying only thing he'll take is his no. 20 shirt. He's such a phychopathic liar that he himself doesn't recognize how many times he has contradicted himself, not to mention he uses every opportunity to bring his time as player to keep the nostalgia going. And some here still refuse to come out of this fraud's arse. Ole deserves same kind of ridicule that politicians get for lying using race, religion, etc. to manipulate general public
Absolutely, he should be put on trial for human rights abuse. I'm glad somebody else brought this up. This is a man who had a moral obligation, due to the media spotlight and kids looking up to him, to behave in a certain way. He doesn't though, he manipulates and cheats all those around him. I heard the players player under the constant threat of whippings and being put up against a wall. The man should be on trial for human rights abuses and should certainly be forced to serve a significant stint in jail.

Kony was 2012.
Ole 2021.
White text 2023

Denis79

Does he?

Can you give me an example of a press conference where he’s acted this way and not acknowledged the work we have to do?
There is always an excuse with him, he kept repeating how we won possession against Everton, how we weren't clinical enough against West Ham or Young Boys. Hell he even tried to to pull that if we scored that early chance against Liverpool that it might have been different, they humiliated us, out-classed us in every department. Take the blame without excuses and move on.

Bad results happen at every club, sometimes because you are unlucky or not clinical enough or whatever. But when it's every other game it is time to look at yourself as a manager and be honest.

I know he wont do it but I would respect him for it, right now he's not much better than the rest of our previous managers when it comes to honesty.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
There is always an excuse with him, he kept repeating how we won possession against Everton, how we weren't clinical enough against West Ham or Young Boys. Hell he even tried to to pull that if we scored that early chance against Liverpool that it might have been different, they humiliated us, out-classed us in every department. Take the blame without excuses and move on.

Bad results happen at every club, sometimes because you are unlucky or not clinical enough or whatever. But when it's every other game it is time to look at yourself as a manager and be honest.

I know he wont do it but I would respect him for it, right now he's not much better than the rest of our previous managers when it comes to honesty.
So excuses mean he acts like he’s top of the league?

I think the Liverpool game was an incredibly honest reflection that he needed to do better along with all the coaching staff and we saw the result of that reflection at Spurs.

Kurton

Well this seems a really well thought out view point based on a press conference.
Yes, its based on his press conferences. Do you think people won't notice how conveniently he lies to whatever suits to keep himself in the job. It might as well be just be bollocks that he's rehearsed before the conference, but you cant expect people to not pick on it. This is leaving aside all the lies he's spouted regarding changing to 433 this season that was apparently being worked on in pre-season which never materialized, playing youth while apart from Greenwood no other youth has got much chance, utd always going for all all the trophies (when he got the permanent job) etc etc. But you don't let these facts get in the way of your blind defense of Ole.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Yes, its based on his press conferences. Do you think people won't notice how conveniently he lies to whatever suits to keep himself in the job. It might as well be just be bollocks that he's rehearsed before the conference, but you cant expect people to not pick on it. This is leaving aside all the lies he's spouted regarding changing to 433 this season that was apparently being worked on in pre-season which never materialized, playing youth while apart from Greenwood no other youth has got much chance, utd always going for all all the trophies (when he got the permanent job) etc etc. But you don't let these facts get in the way of your blind defense of Ole.
Can you give me these examples? Genuinely curious to see where he’s said explicitly about 4-3-3

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Ah, new thing to defend Ole, he does well in pressers.
Everyone was pleasuring themselves to his pressers when he first joined and he doesn't approach them any differently now.

I also don't think Ole should be here anymore. But that doesn't automatically make him shit at every part of the job.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It's getting really tiresome how every thread on here has turned into a slate fest on Ole.

We understand the vast majority want him gone but you don't have to ruin every thread.

Kurton

Absolutely, he should be put on trial for human rights abuse. I'm glad somebody else brought this up. This is a man who had a moral obligation, due to the media spotlight and kids looking up to him, to behave in a certain way. He doesn't though, he manipulates and cheats all those around him. I heard the players player under the constant threat of whippings and being put up against a wall. The man should be on trial for human rights abuses and should certainly be forced to serve a significant stint in jail.

Kony was 2012.
Ole 2021.
White text 2023
Nice reply, keep up the hyperboles, that's all one turns to when they have nothing to worthwhile to contribute to a discussion. While you are at it, why just stop a human rights abuse, why not mass genocide?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Nice reply, keep up the hyperboles, that's all one turns to when they have nothing to worthwhile to contribute to a discussion. While you are at it, why just stop a human rights abuse, why not mass genocide?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love this. Talk about a self-own.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Emotional blackmailing isn't genocide, silly.

Flytan

Everyone was pleasuring themselves to his pressers when he first joined and he doesn't approach them any differently now.

I also don't think Ole should be here anymore. But that doesn't automatically make him shit at every part of the job.
The situations are different so his press conferences should change. The fact they haven't kind of just shows it was all just PR and anything he says can't be taken at face value. Everything has a "what do i say to garner the reaction I want" tone to it. The fact he's been asked numerous times (recently) about his tactics and he just shrugs it off like they're make believe is sad too. Yes, being all bubbly and happy when he first got here was great. That was what we needed. What we need right now is someone who says he's going to hold people accountable, and he's doing the exact opposite.

Peter van der Gea

The situations are different so his press conferences should change. The fact they haven't kind of just shows it was all just PR and anything he says can't be taken at face value. Everything has a "what do i say to garner the reaction I want" tone to it. The fact he's been asked numerous times (recently) about his tactics and he just shrugs it off like they're make believe is sad too. Yes, being all bubbly and happy when he first got here was great. That was what we needed. What we need right now is someone who says he's going to hold people accountable, and he's doing the exact opposite.
Of course it's PR, what do you want, the team sheet?

Flytan

Of course it's PR, what do you want, the team sheet?
I mean I'd like some level of information about the squad, what he sees is wrong, how he can improve, you know like coaches do in other clubs or in other sports. Come on stop pretending that his press conferences aren't pathetic when compared to others. Other managers say things all the time that have actual value, he doesn't.
Not sure why you want the team sheet anyways, we all already know what it's gonna be. Plus his buddy has been leaking team sheets for years.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Can you give me these examples? Genuinely curious to see where he’s said explicitly about 4-3-3
Any chance of a reply given you want the discussion?

Peter van der Gea

I mean I'd like some level of information about the squad, what he sees is wrong, how he can improve, you know like coaches do in other clubs or in other sports. Come on stop pretending that his press conferences aren't pathetic when compared to others. Other managers say things all the time that have actual value, he doesn't.
Not sure why you want the team sheet anyways, we all already know what it's gonna be. Plus his buddy has been leaking team sheets for years.
That's right, tell the world what your next few months training sessions are.

We're Man Utd, we don't need controversial presses to be relevant.

Did you? How much did you win on the 352 and 11/11 line up?

Dve

If not nerves then maybe he is over-thinking his answers. He mixes up his pronouns too, particularly "we" and "I". When I watch his old Cardiff interviews he speaks with much more ease so it is not a second language issue. He needs speech training.

Polygraph tests do not use eye movements to detect lies. There are more ways to detect nervosity than eye movements.
Tell me you are joking. You actually took the time to watch old Cardiff interviews to see if you could make a case on his pronouns. Ole will be arrested now, for sure.

Peter van der Gea

Tell me you are joking. You actually took the time to watch old Cardiff interviews to see if you could make a case on his pronouns. Ole will be arrested now, for sure.
I'm not sure it's Ole who should be locked up.

Dve

I feel a new thread coming….

“Which Ole replacement has the best smile?”

You fool it’s not about the games winning or losing or patterns of play. It’s the teeth! Don’t you see!?

If Ole can’t produce the correct ratio of tooth to gum during press conferences then how on earth will he balance our attack and defence? If the man can’t control his own face to the satisfaction of some on here how can we ever hope to control the midfield?
To his defence, he has patterns of teeth.

Flytan

That's right, tell the world what your next few months training sessions are.

We're Man Utd, we don't need controversial presses to be relevant.

Did you? How much did you win on the 352 and 11/11 line up?
I didn't say controversial, but sure always jump to the negative end of it. You can say things without being combative and also being a boring PR spewing politician, plenty do it. And plenty of coaches share insight during interviews, Ole's the only one that brushes off tactics as if they're fake.

Dve

Maybe the worst post I’ve seen on here, well done.
Don´t be too harsh with him. He´s had his 8 o´clock medicine,, and the nurse said he´s ready now to join the others for late supper.

Peter van der Gea

I didn't say controversial, but sure always jump to the negative end of it. You can say things without being combative and also being a boring PR spewing politician, plenty do it. And plenty of coaches share insight during interviews, Ole's the only one that brushes off tactics as if they're fake.
Ah. You want small club presser from a big club manager. Or is it Ian Holloway you're after, bit of a laff. Jose Arrogance? Or some "heavy metal football"

Dude it's a fecking press conference. They are talking to the press. Not you, not the top reds, the press. Who will spin anything they can, to cause controversy, because Man Utd controversy gets clicks.

Flytan

Ah. You want small club presser from a big club manager. Or is it Ian Holloway you're after, bit of a laff. Jose Arrogance? Or some "heavy metal football"

Dude it's a fecking press conference. They are talking to the press. Not you, not the top reds, the press. Who will spin anything they can, to cause controversy, because Man Utd controversy gets clicks.
Yeah Klopp, Pep, and Tuchel are all small club managers. Maybe if our manager was tactically relevant in world football he wouldn't have everything he said twisted by the big bad press.

Peter van der Gea

Yeah Klopp, Pep, and Tuchel are all small club managers. Maybe if our manager was tactically relevant in world football he wouldn't have everything he said twisted by the big bad press.
So what changes is pep making after the weekend, he must have done some media since

Denis79

So excuses mean he acts like he’s top of the league?

I think the Liverpool game was an incredibly honest reflection that he needed to do better along with all the coaching staff and we saw the result of that reflection at Spurs.
Aside from the Liverpool game he's acted like everything is fine and that our terrible football was because of circumstances. He knows what's expected and what's produced is miles a part, it shouldn't take an historical trashing by our rivals to take some responsibility.

Look I'm just saying what I wanted a person I admired when I was young to say, I know he won't but it doesn't change that I feel his pressers are the same BS we've been fed since Moyes.

Flytan

So what changes is pep making after the weekend, he must have done some media since
For the love of god go watch an interview with any of those three when asked about tactics then watch our manager answer a similar question.

I don't know if you're trolling or what.

Peter van der Gea

Aside from the Liverpool game he's acted like everything is fine and that our terrible football was because of circumstances. He knows what's expected and what's produced is miles a part, it shouldn't take an historical trashing by our rivals to take some responsibility.

Look I'm just saying what I wanted a person I admired when I was young to say, I know he won't but it doesn't change that I feel his pressers are the same BS we've been fed since Moyes.
What's he supposed to say? It's all fecked and the tea lady's left!

Anyway, at least they cut out the bit when he said Phil Jones can be as good as Duncan Edwards now he's back.

Dve

I´ve seen other managers acting like kids on pressers. Shouting at journalists and leaving the room instead of even trying to answer tough question. I think I prefer his "i like critics, keep it coming". It´s actually brilliant.

Peter van der Gea

For the love of god go watch an interview with any of those three when asked about tactics then watch our manager answer a similar question.

I don't know if you're trolling or what.
Maybe he wants to keep his cards close to his chest, he's what 2, 3 years behind pep and klopp in building his team.

Seriously though, what you're asking from Ole is what I'm asking you from pep. Laporte got sent off, but it's Europe, is he playing? The team fell apart mentally after going behind, why is his win rate from behind so low, what is he doing to rectify it?

You're happy to talk about his pressers after a load of wins, but what about after a bad run? He's a twat.