Pre-Match Press Conference | Manchester United v Arsenal | Premier League

bushyzor

Pretty much avoiding all of the Rangnick questions. I struggle to believe that he hasn’t even spoken to him yet.
I imagine his “learning on the job” comments won’t go down too well on the caf…
I like Carrick though, he’s not particularly charismatic but still comes across quite well in interviews.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Why is Ole fecking smiling so much I hate him so much go AWAY!

jem

It’s like watching Jesse Pinkman speak the morning after a meth binge.

RUCK4444

Pretty much avoiding all of the Rangnick questions. I struggle to believe that he hasn’t even spoken to him yet.
I like Carrick though, he’s not particularly charismatic but still comes across quite well in interviews.
On the bolded, see I like Carrick as well but to me he comes across as dull as dishwater when he speaks, absolutely zero enthusiasm in his voice. I could not bare that as a full time manager (not that he will be.)

I still hope he makes it as a coach but as I've said in other posts, I don't want anybody learning on the job now at United, we need to appoint the best in all positions. Hopefully the manager that RR appoints in future brings in his own backroom staff of coaches who are fully capable of implementing the managers desired style. I don't want to see our coaches here under a new manager only to be questioning their ability next season.

bushyzor

On the bolded, see I like Carrick as well but to me he comes across as dull as dishwater when he speaks, absolutely zero enthusiasm in his voice. I could not bare that as a full time manager (not that he will be.)

I still hope he makes it as a coach but as I've said in other posts, I don't want anybody learning on the job now at United, we need to appoint the best in all positions. Hopefully the manager that RR appoints in future brings in his own backroom staff of coaches who are fully capable of implementing the managers desired style. I don't want to see our coaches here under a new manager only to be questioning their ability next season.
I agree with you on all points. I really hope that RR is given the autonomy and authority to do what needs to be done to get things on track.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Absolutely, RR is an interesting and quite exciting choice and it's very reassuring to see his credentials. No more inexperienced coaches / managers, United is a big ship and it needs a strong captain at the helm. Same goes for the coaching setup. Much as I like Carrick, he needs to go and learn his trade somewhere else or at least be shunted so far back in the pecking order that his immediate influence on the team is diminished. We have to start making forward movement now.

Corridor of Uncertainty

On the plus side, at least he stands in the technical area all game looking menacing and interested as appose to playing paint by numbers on the iPad

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Carrick on Fred

"That mentality is infectious, I think he's improved an awful lot, Fred. He brings a great energy to the team and he's improving, he's played a little higher up the pitch than before because we tweaked a couple of things for both games and he's done ever so well. The regains and especially Cristiano's goal against Villarreal epitomises that and he almost did it when he intercepted from Mendy. He brings an awful lot to the team and I like him an awful lot.
Read between the lines and it's clear to see here Carrick thinks Fred is awful. Get rid Michael!

studs

Says he hasn't spoken to Ralf, does that mean Carrick is in the dark as to his feature?

RUCK4444

Carrick on Fred

Read between the lines and it's clear to see here Carrick thinks Fred is awful. Get rid Michael!
Good to see Carrick shares my opinion on Fred. Best option we have in midfield in this current squad imo (when you factor in Pogba doesn't fit with what we have and the rest of them are shite or past it.)

MrBest

Press conferences in last few years have become pointless, the same old Man United propaganda gets spewed out, most of us have given up taking these seriously.

As for Carrick, i really don't know what to make of him. In the last 3 conferences that he has had, my reflection is that he sounds like Ole and looks like a little child in a grown ups world. He oozes zero confidence or belief. What he has done on the pitch in the last 2 games is nothing revolutionary or exciting, but he got the business done in the old fashioned way by piling up in midfield and waiting for the counter. I expect our way play to be no different against Arsenal.

Thankfully, this may be the last time we sit here and complain how deflated we feel after a press conference. I'd like to see RR change this.

BlueHaze

He really said Fred nearly scored after that horrendous chip attempt! :lol:

Artimities

Carrick... looks the part of the guy you want on your team. Just not coaching it.
having said that, I will say it was nice seeing him on the touch line looking involved.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Says he hasn't spoken to Ralf, does that mean Carrick is in the dark as to his feature?
It means the club have instructed him not to say anything that could be interpreted as Rangnick assuming his role as manager before being granted a work permit.

For the argumentative among you, Ralf taking a tour of the stadium and watching the Arsenal match from the stands does not fall under the category of assuming managerial duties at a football club.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
It means the club have instructed him not to say anything that could be interpreted as Rangnick assuming his role as manager before being granted a work permit.

For the argumentative among you, Ralf taking a tour of the stadium and watching the Arsenal match from the stands does not fall under the category of assuming managerial duties at a football club.
Or Rangnick has spoken to Fletcher and Fletcher to Carrick ;)

red4ever 79

On the plus side, at least he stands in the technical area all game looking menacing and interested as appose to playing paint by numbers on the iPad

Ross Barkley chilling with a starbucks, getting a ringside seat for a premier league match and getting paid a ton of dosh

ICB

Supports
Arsenal
Carrick and Arteta. So strange seeing these two recently active PL midfielders already managing games for huge fecking clubs like Man Utd and Arsenal. And now one against each other!

At least you lot have the sensibility to only have him on as a caretaker/interim :lol:

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
for me he seems focused. I like that.

Revaulx

You should always be learning on the job. Moyes didn’t (said he’d change nothing if he had the chance to start again) and sadly Ole didn’t seem to either.

Fergie had clearly got lots of excellent experience under his belt when he arrived at Old Trafford, but that didn’t mean he had nothing more to learn.

Carrick certainly isn’t charismatic but there’s a seriousness and authority about him which I’m sure the players respect.

bazza3727

Press conferences in last few years have become pointless, the same old Man United propaganda gets spewed out, most of us have given up taking these seriously.

As for Carrick, i really don't know what to make of him. In the last 3 conferences that he has had, my reflection is that he sounds like Ole and looks like a little child in a grown ups world. He oozes zero confidence or belief. What he has done on the pitch in the last 2 games is nothing revolutionary or exciting, but he got the business done in the old fashioned way by piling up in midfield and waiting for the counter. I expect our way play to be no different against Arsenal.

Thankfully, this may be the last time we sit here and complain how deflated we feel after a press conference. I'd like to see RR change this.
This last point is what folk on here were saying before Van Gaal and before Mourinho. "Quality" managers who didn't perform well at pressers or in the long term, for that matter. And here we're eulogising over a guy who hasn't won anything and hasn't been involved with a club side for years. Beggars belief!

Hughie77

ATM, RR, needs MC , and the rest, games are coming thick and fast, so it has to be suttle, changes to just win games at least from now till middle of Jan. RR is not getting much time on the traing pitch between games yet.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
ATM, RR, needs MC , and the rest, games are coming thick and fast, so it has to be suttle, changes to just win games at least from now till middle of Jan. RR is not getting much time on the traing pitch between games yet.
Que?