Pre-Match Press Conference | Manchester United v Arsenal | Premier League

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Press conferences in last few years have become pointless, the same old Man United propaganda gets spewed out, most of us have given up taking these seriously.

As for Carrick, i really don't know what to make of him. In the last 3 conferences that he has had, my reflection is that he sounds like Ole and looks like a little child in a grown ups world. He oozes zero confidence or belief. What he has done on the pitch in the last 2 games is nothing revolutionary or exciting, but he got the business done in the old fashioned way by piling up in midfield and waiting for the counter. I expect our way play to be no different against Arsenal.

Thankfully, this may be the last time we sit here and complain how deflated we feel after a press conference. I'd like to see RR change this.
Yet still you watch them. Any other masochistic habits you’d like to share?

Teja

ATM, RR, needs MC , and the rest, games are coming thick and fast, so it has to be suttle, changes to just win games at least from now till middle of Jan. RR is not getting much time on the traing pitch between games yet.
How did you get that past the content filter :lol:

Bestietom

On the bolded, see I like Carrick as well but to me he comes across as dull as dishwater when he speaks, absolutely zero enthusiasm in his voice. I could not bare that as a full time manager (not that he will be.)

I still hope he makes it as a coach but as I've said in other posts, I don't want anybody learning on the job now at United, we need to appoint the best in all positions. Hopefully the manager that RR appoints in future brings in his own backroom staff of coaches who are fully capable of implementing the managers desired style. I don't want to see our coaches here under a new manager only to be questioning their ability next season.
Yes, we need Top Coaches in all departments with a New Manager.

Seven Seas Sardines

Yes, we need Top Coaches in all departments with a New Manager.
That's where Rangnick is a god send to this club, mates FC will be disbanded in time.

I think that Rangnick will take it slow sacking coaches to show the board he's easy to cooperate with, but will get more influence and confidence in his role as the football and results improve. If United are hell-bent on getting their money's worth for the ridiculous contracts they gave out he should educate them and let them manage in the academy.

Traub

Carrick and Arteta. So strange seeing these two recently active PL midfielders already managing games for huge fecking clubs like Man Utd and Arsenal. And now one against each other!

At least you lot have the sensibility to only have him on as a caretaker/interim :lol:
Took us 3 years to get to this point though.