Pre-Season Friendlies (2014/2015)

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Sterling was great. Lot of pressure on him this season.
Indeed. He'll cope fine with the pressure but hopefully some of our other players can step up too, otherwise he'll end up being doubled marked every game.

He's going to be some player, already is.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Roma midfielder Seydou Keita spoke with RFI today and commented on his episode with Pepe in which the Real Madrid defender spat in the face of the former Barcelona man before their friendly match, who retaliated by throwing a water bottle at Pepe’s face.

“In Pepe’s eyes, I’m not a human. He called me a ‘macaco’ (‘monkey’ in Portugese) during my time at Barca, and then he spat at me. I said to myself: ‘This man is not worth anything’.

I did not speak publicly about this because he has no value. I didn’t want to shake his hand in the friendly and I said this before to Mehdi Benatia. He went behind me and he spat at me. I had a bottle of water and I threw it at him and then all the other players came. The ‘blancos’ (Real Madrid players) wanted to hit me.

It’s true that I displayed a bad image and I apologize, but it’s unacceptable that a man can spit. I’m not a saint, but I respect people. I will not argue with those who do not regard me as a human being, he has displayed unacceptable behavior. Is racism widespread in football? No, we shouldn’t generalize. I’m African and I’ve played in Europe for years. I’ve been able to deal with wonderful people. It’s just a minority.”
Will be funny when Suarez calls pepe monkey and they fight, pepe will try to kick Suarez and will have Suarez on his leg bitting him.

Malva

suarez vs pepe will be priceless. pepe already showed he's more or less a coward when someone is dishing out the crazy instead of him (diego costa). it's really why i loved diego costa's antics so much, that back line of madrid's is so extremely punchable, pepe-ramos has to be the most cnutish partnership in the world at the moment. everything they get they deserve in my view, they get away with the very same stuff far too often, just because they are madrid players imo.

Rafateria

Sterling was off. The lines on the field are misleading. You can see the linesman in the foreground on the replay and if he is in line with Sterling then he is offside.
Sterling was onside and denied a brilliant goal - look at the defender by the black dot (and note the ball has already been released).

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Sterling was onside and denied a brilliant goal - look at the defender by the black dot (and note the ball has already been released).

Think he was off. I seen another picture when the ball was actually released and it was a lot clearer. It's confusing because the lines are not level with the penalty box but anyway, just off I think.

Rafateria

Think he was off. I seen another picture when the ball was actually released and it was a lot clearer. It's confusing because the lines are not level with the penalty box but anyway, just off I think.
Hmm. Is this some sort of weird baseball/NFL trick ! OK if they are not horizontal then maybe my assertion isn't valid.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
suarez vs pepe will be priceless. pepe already showed he's more or less a coward when someone is dishing out the crazy instead of him (diego costa). it's really why i loved diego costa's antics so much, that back line of madrid's is so extremely punchable, pepe-ramos has to be the most cnutish partnership in the world at the moment. everything they get they deserve in my view, they get away with the very same stuff far too often, just because they are madrid players imo.
You get sanctioned for saying things like that here. I know because I agree with you...

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Dunno, Suarez - whoever-in-Barcelona sounds like the most cnutish partnership in the world. I could punch one half of that for quite some time!

Steev

Also about to kick off on Quest (!) - Malaga v Newcastle, followed by Schalke v West Ham.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Spuds 2-0 up against Celtic already.

Townsend and Soldado scoring. Might have been Kane and Soldado actually!

Dawson has gone off injured.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs 5-1 up against Celtic. They look decent, actually seem to have the ability to not play totally shit football. Quite an achievement for them. Erikson just scored a class freekick. @Twigginater are you going to make a Spurs rival thread soon?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Spurs 5-1 up against Celtic. They look decent, actually seem to have the ability to not play totally shit football. Quite an achievement for them. Erikson just scored a class freekick. @Twigginater are you going to make a Spurs rival thread soon?
Why? Gotta draw the line somewhere. Is there going to be a Stoke or QPR one as well?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Yeah I will do on Monday at some point. I would like to discuss them and they've got a few signings arriving now.

Hoof the ball

Wasn't the new celtic boss meant to renovate their approach to the game?

Were there at least signs of a more progressive approach to celtic's game?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Wasn't the new celtic boss meant to renovate their approach to the game?

Were there at least signs of a more progressive approach to celtic's game?
It wasn't a strong team out so it's hard to tell. They were clearly outclassed even by Spurs second string, no shame really, given the expense of the two teams.

prateik

Sanogo has scored a hat-trick.. Are Benfica playing their U16s?

mikey_d

Sanogo has scored a hat-trick.. Are Benfica playing their U16s?
2 were taps in's. The other a half decent finish. He also was through on goal(may have been offside anyway) but he stepped on the ball and carried on without it.

He hasn't been that good, at least hes been getting into the positions to score though. Joel campbell has been good though. Ramsey has been excellent.

mikey_d

Sanogo scores again - another tap in! To quote the commentator " you couldn't score 4 easier goals". Fair play to the lad though

cj_sparky

Commentators curse, "No stopping Sanogo". As he falls over celebrating his 4th goal :lol:

Baxter

If anyone cares, that was a reserve Celtic team. They've got their second leg on thursday

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sanchez on for arsenal. Still can't believe they got him. He could be the guy who takes them up a notch.

Sam

Sanchez on for arsenal. Still can't believe they got him. He could be the guy who takes them up a notch.
Can you imagine the reaction if someone had said a year ago that Arsenal would sign Ozil and Sanchez. They'd have been laughed out of the place.