Pre-Season Friendlies (2015-2016)

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Hope Costa was just a knock. Walked off down the tunnel on his own so didn't look like a huge setback.

Supports
Barcelona
Masip:

Runs
Runs
Excuse me Falcao
Runs
Runs
RUNS
ooops

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
How did Falcao play?
Made a couple of nice runs and coolly took his penalty.

Couldn't do too much since he had our most uncreative midfield possible behind him.

Drifter

American
Seen the highlights. Barca players must have thought Messi had switched sides .Fantastic goal from Hazard.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
MLS All-Stars v Spurs tonight in Colorado ... looking forward to seeing one or two of the new signings in action, especially Dele Alli.

The KO time isn't great (2.15am UK time), but c'est la vie.

Trizy

Just looking at the ICC table and New York Red Bulls have 10 points even they only won 3 matchs, what's up with that? Says they lost 1 game on penalties, do you get a point for that?

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Just looking at the ICC table and New York Red Bulls have 10 points even they only won 3 matchs, what's up with that? Says they lost 1 game on penalties, do you get a point for that?
Guess loss after penalties is one point, win is two points (as Chelsea has 4 points, yet two won games on penalties).

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
That was more like it. Hope Hazard really steps up this season and has a Ronaldo 06/07.

ctp

We just beat Lazio 3-0, goals by Malli, Jairo, Clemens. It's only pre-season, but I don't feel United have anything to be scared of if they get drawn against Lazio.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Result aside, there were plenty of bright spots for Spurs in our game against the MLS All-Stars:

* Kane showed that he's well able to carry on thundering down the tracks, with a great goal, his 4th in 3 club games since the end of last season. He could easily have scored a hat-trick had it not been for some very good goal-keeping.
* Alli caught the eye when he came on for the 2nd half - poised and impressive with plenty of attacking flair.
* Wimmer looked good when he came on for the 2nd half ... first time I've seen him play.
* Judging by this game, Trippier (came on for the 2nd half) will be starting ahead of Walker at RB. He's a lot quicker than I thought, defended well and produced a fair few quality crosses.
* CM Harry Winks looks like another academy player who's going to make into the first team squad ... will it be this season or next?

But, Dier is not a DM ... that experiment failed.
Chadli needs to engage his brain - he gave away a totally needless pen through a very, very silly handball.
Yedlin looks destined for a loan out this time around.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Result aside, there were plenty of bright spots for Spurs in our game against the MLS All-Stars:

* Kane showed that he's well able to carry on thundering down the tracks, with a great goal, his 4th in 3 club games since the end of last season. He could easily have scored a hat-trick had it not been for some very good goal-keeping.
* Alli caught the eye when he came on for the 2nd half - poised and impressive with plenty of attacking flair.
* Wimmer looked good when he came on for the 2nd half ... first time I've seen him play.
* Judging by this game, Trippier (came on for the 2nd half) will be starting ahead of Walker at RB. He's a lot quicker than I thought, defended well and produced a fair few quality crosses.
* CM Harry Winks looks like another academy player who's going to make into the first team squad ... will it be this season or next?

But, Dier is not a DM ... that experiment failed.
Chadli needs to engage his brain - he gave away a totally needless pen through a very, very silly handball.
Yedlin looks destined for a loan out this time around.
What formation did you play? Still 1 up front?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
What formation did you play? Still 1 up front?
First half it was our usual 4-2-3-1 ... but in the 2nd half, with all the changes, that wasn't so clear-cut apart from one up front.

One other note: I've just seen that the average age of the team in the second half was only 20.2 years old

Ish

Lights on for Luke
First half it was our usual 4-2-3-1 ... but in the 2nd half, with all the changes, that wasn't so clear-cut apart from one up front.

One other note: I've just seen that the average age of the team in the second half was only 20.2 years old
You should tell Poch that you never win anything with kids! :nono:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Navas is a solid keeper. Bring him here, give us £25m plus Navas for De Gea and we'll be better off.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Navas is a solid keeper. Bring him here, give us £25m plus Navas for De Gea and we'll be better off.
We won't be better off (as we really don't need the money), but I guess it would be an acceptable deal. Though I haven't seen enough of Navas to know how he'd fare in the PL.

cyberman

Do you think there's a Madrid forum somewhere that's has an OTT reaction for this as the Cafe had last night?
Twice in the first half a Milan player just waltzed through their back 4 and should have scored.
No midfield direction and Bale killing their possession around the box. Not many attacks of note. Ronaldo forgetting what every pass doesn't have to be preceded by useless step overs etc
It really was dire

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We won't be better off (as we really don't need the money), but I guess it would be an acceptable deal. Though I haven't seen enough of Navas to know how he'd fare in the PL.
We'll be better off with Navas plus money to sign some new players than having to look for a replacement that will likely consume up to £20m next Summer and could possibly be around the level of Navas anyway. This is £45m better balance on our bank account plus a reliable goalkeeper that could ply his trade for us before we find another De Gea level talent, this time without girlfriend.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
We'll be better off with Navas plus money to sign some new players than having to look for a replacement that will likely consume up to £20m next Summer and could possibly be around the level of Navas anyway. This is £45m better balance on our bank account plus a reliable goalkeeper that could ply his trade for us before we find another De Gea level talent, this time without girlfriend.
We don't need the money to buy new players, and nothing says we won't get a better keeper next summer (or that De Gea won't extend during the year, though that's highly unlikely). Navas isn't one of the best keepers in the world and it's not a given that he'd fare well in the PL at all, so I honestly don't think we'd be 'better off', definitely not. Or you have a very weird definition of 'better off' that is based on hypotheticals.

Deleted member 78215

Sorry but what a load of bollocks
A load of bollocks that at 24, if Hazard hasn't had a breakthrough season similar to Ronaldo's - which occurred when Ronaldo was 21 - then the chances are slim?

Okay. Ronaldo at 22-23 was scoring 42 goals. Messi - well, Hazard will never reach that level. Neymar's achieved way more, at a younger age than Hazard.

Most of the best attackers in the world are showing that by the time they are 21. Fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and so on.

What the feck has Hazard done? If you think that a 24 year old is suddenly going to have a breakthrough like Ronaldo, you're fecking deluded. If he hasn't shown it now, the chances are slim.

EssexRob doesn't half talk some shit about Hazard - as does most of the forum (I guess you're part of the rabble). He's a very good player, but repeated assertions that he can reach Ronaldo/Messi level are plain fecking dumb, and proponents of such a view are just as stupid.

Fin.

ctp

A load of bollocks that at 24, if Hazard hasn't had a breakthrough season similar to Ronaldo's - which occurred when Ronaldo was 21 - then the chances are slim?

Okay. Ronaldo at 22-23 was scoring 42 goals. Messi - well, Hazard will never reach that level. Neymar's achieved way more, at a younger age than Hazard.

Most of the best attackers in the world are showing that by the time they are 21. Fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and so on.

What the feck has Hazard done? If you think that a 24 year old is suddenly going to have a breakthrough like Ronaldo, you're fecking deluded. If he hasn't shown it now, the chances are slim.

EssexRob doesn't half talk some shit about Hazard - as does most of the forum (I guess you're part of the rabble). He's a very good player, but repeated assertions that he can reach Ronaldo/Messi level are plain fecking dumb, and proponents of such a view are just as stupid.

Fin.
He can reach Messi or Ronaldo's level. He just doesn't want to.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hazard has the speed and dribbling skills of messi, but he can't reach that level consistently enough. I don't feel he really has the killer instinct in him either, he would rather be a playmaker than a goal scorer from what I see.

He's still an amazing talent though and I really wish we got him.

vanthaman

Winner

Fin.
I'm not saying he will but it's definitely possible, it's not as though hazard is over the hill

And Kaka only scored 20 goals a season once

Someone

Something
Stuttgart are tearing city a new one, 3-0 and it's not even halftime yet.

The defending is all over the place.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
City 3-0 down to Stuttgart currently. The defending has been embarrassing. Can be watched on youtube for those interested