Pre-season in India?

SirAF

Ageist
Rumours are saying pre-season in the US, then a match in India.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's a bad idea, just have a base camp in US, finish the preseason. World touring is a bad idea when all concentration should be on preparation.

USREDEVIL

Come the United States again, and specifically Los Angeles!! We have two world class stadiums, clean air, and plenty for your English tourists to do while following United.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I’m hoping for the very novel approach - especially in a tournament year - that we have our pre-season in Europe for once and maybe try to focus on actually building fitness and preparing for a new season.

Varun

Staff
Deleted a bunch of posts. Stick to football related discussions and head to the CE forum if you want to discuss other topics.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
A one off game is a good idea for the club to connect with the millions of young fans in India. India and China are the biggest markets in Asia for us. A single game will not create that much of an issue. And if Ole is still in charge then next season will be pointless anyway.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They want to come to India in July? It's gonna be so humid players are gonna be sweating buckets.

ship50

Would love to have this game in Kolkata, my city, but the weather won't suit United.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Wondered why this hasn't happened years ago! Such a massive fan base, and yet still India remains the biggest untapped football country in the world. Given how its economy will boom in 21st century, am surprised FIFA and football clubs haven't given it more priority.

Personally Id love to see a World Cup in India in my lifetime. Hope this is the beginning of that process.

kps88

The possibility of heavy rain would be a risk. Not great preparation to have a game rained out like we had a couple (I think?) of preseasons ago.

bludsucker

Seems like this might not be happening as i read a small report in the papers saying East Bengal have balked at the appearance fee demanded by United. According to an official as things stand now this wont be happening and they will revisit it in May. So very little possibility of this happening.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Come the United States again, and specifically Los Angeles!! We have two world class stadiums, clean air, and plenty for your English tourists to do while following United.
Hopefully it is, because I'd like to visit with family this summer and the clean air would be nice.. :lol:

Last edited:

Dolf

Why does a pre-season have to be lucrative? We should go to wherever our players can prepare best

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why does a pre-season have to be lucrative? We should go to wherever our players can prepare best
I think club have commitments (with sponsors) where they have to go on preseason tour, remember reading it some 3-4 years ago.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It'd be absolutely mad... Think the people there would go nuts for it.

On the negative side, Phil Jones will probably shit himself on the pitch.