Predict the top 3 scorers in the PL 2021-22

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
A more interesting contest than the last couple of years?

Lukaku has come back to the league as a grown ass man; Kane, whether he gets his move or not, has Shearer's record to chase; Vardy is finally fading; Bruno, Cavani, Greenwood and Rashford may well have a contest amongst themselves for top scorer at the club; Ings is possibly a dark horse; Salah is Salah, and I guess there's a slither of hope for the likes of Aubameyang.

Give a top 3 and how much you reckon each will score.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Fernandes might get 3rd (22). I will select Lukaku (30) and Salah (26) as 1 and 2

JustAGuest

1. Lukaku (20) - add 4-5 more if he takes their penalties ahead of Jorginho
2. Salah (19)
3. Kane (18) - assuming he stays at Spurs, otherwise around 25 goals at City

Antonio as a dark horse for top 3. I don't see Bruno getting as many penalties as last season so he misses out.

redrobed

As things stand:

1. Salah (28)
2. Lukaku (27)
3. Bruno (20)

If we get Haaland/Lewandowski (one of, not both):

1. Haaland/Lewa (29)
2. Salah (25)
3. Lukaku (24)

BaggiesBoy93

Supports
West Bromwich Albion
A more interesting contest than the last couple of years?

Lukaku has come back to the league as a grown ass man; Kane, whether he gets his move or not, has Shearer's record to chase; Vardy is finally fading; Bruno, Cavani, Greenwood and Rashford may well have a contest amongst themselves for top scorer at the club; Ings is possibly a dark horse; Salah is Salah, and I guess there's a slither of hope for the likes of Aubameyang.

Give a top 3 and how much you reckon each will score.
Kane
Fernandes
Lukaku

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Salah: 28
Lukaku: 26
Kane: 23

Bruno won’t get as many because less pens are being awarded. I see him getting about 15, still very good for a midfielder.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Salah 25
Kane 23
Lukaku 22 (if on pens then you can add 4-5 goals to this tally)
Lewin 20

United guys:
Bruno 19
Greenwood 17
Cavani 12
Sancho 9
Rashford 7
Pogba 6

Ings, Antonio will reach 20 if they play most games but they're both injury prone.

Post Ronaldo arrival:

Ronaldo 28
Salah 25
Kane 23
Lukaku 22 (if on pens then you can add 4-5 goals to this tally)
Lewin 20

United guys:
Greenwood 15
Bruno 14
Cavani 7
Sancho 7
Rashford 7
Pogba 5
Martial 5

Ings, Antonio will reach 20 if they play most games but they're both injury prone.

Last edited:

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Beyond the obvious names, I would put forth Jota, if he can stay fit.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Well things have taken an almighty turn, eh? Has Ronaldo's imminent arrival shaken up top scorer for anyone?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Well things have taken an almighty turn, eh? Has Ronaldo's imminent arrival shaken up top scorer for anyone?
If Cristiano and De Bruyne instantly click and it's hard to imagine them not to, he has to be the overwhelming favourite.

Kramer

1) Salah
2) Ronaldo (if he signs)
3) Greenwood

If Ronaldo does not sign for City, Lukaku will be in the top 3. But behind Greenwood.

I really believe if we back Greenwood to be our main man up front, he will get 20+ goals in the league this season. He’s ready.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Just before the league gets back underway.

Very much looking forward to the top-scorer battle this season. Ronaldo adds a scalp to the mix for the others, and vice-versa, proving he can still do it at 36 and outscore the others must surely be at the forefront of Ronaldo's mind.

Going to go

1. Ronaldo 30+
2. Kane 27
3. Lukaku 25

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ronaldo 27
Lukaku 23
Kane 23
Greenwood 22
Rashford 22
Bruno 20
Cavani 19
…rest

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
  1. Cristiano Ronaldo
  2. Mohamed Salah
  3. Romelu Lukaku
Almost there, but not quite: Harry Kane.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
All those putting Ronaldo top or second I hope you put your money where your mouths are and use your FF wildcard to buy the 12.5m striker into your team. No excuses, or pissing your pants.

1. Salah
2. Kane
3. Lukaku

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
I see Ronaldo as top scorer on 33 goals or thereabouts.
My guess at the distribution is 17 from open play, 8 from free kicks and 8 from the penalty spot.
I think that he’ll increase your overall goal tally, but not by much as other players will score less due to having to cater for him and him getting most on goal free kicks and all penalties.

I think Lukaku will be in 2nd place with 28 because he’s a great striker and Chelsea will play to his strengths.

I have what amounts to a wildcard in 3rd on 26 and it’s Ferran Torres who I think will blossom and in the striker role at City.

I don’t think that Salah will be in the running this year. He’s been very good but he relies so much on fast breaks and he’s losing his edge (maybe wishful thinking on my part?).

It’s only opinion though!

FrantikChicken

All those putting Ronaldo top or second I hope you put your money where your mouths are and use your FF wildcard to buy the 12.5m striker into your team. No excuses, or pissing your pants.

1. Salah
2. Kane
3. Lukaku
Hahah I put him in mine, captain.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

1. Salah
2. Kane
3. Lukaku
What is it based on that you think Lukaku will outscore Ronaldo? Can’t be based on their careers to date!