Arsenal
City
Arsenal
United
Spurs (if Kane stays)
Liverpool
Chelsea
Newcastle

I think City could fall off and either Arsenal or United could catch them if things break right. It'll take more things to break right for United because they're still trying to develop a playing style that will allow them to control matches consistently whereas Arsenal have already figured that out and are more in the finetuning stage. Both good managers, both good sides, but one project is a little further ahead in its development.

Starting the summer I really liked Liverpool for 2nd or 3rd but turning over their entire midfield in one summer will involve a lot of growing pains and their lack of urgency to add a DM and another defender is kind of inexplicable. Right now they're likely to be leaning heavily on players like Bajcetic, Matip, and Gomez in the spine of the team and that's going to be a problem.

The Nkunku injury is just a killer for Chelsea. I would have had them higher otherwise.

I think people underrate the difficulties Newcastle will have adjusting to European football with (1) a manager and many players that haven't done it before (2) a very high intensity playing style that is the foundation for their success and (3) a good number of core players who are 30+.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Chelsea
6. Spurs

We will get over 84 points for sure will it be enough. I think so.

City need to have an off season. It has to happen, their good title winning form can't continue forever. KDB might get those small small injuries which disrupts the rhythm and City will not be able to win 15 games on a row.

Arsenal will not get over 80 points.

Liverpool, with their midfield will struggle alot. Their McFred era is starting.

Chelsea, with Poch things might click especially without European football.

Spurs are due a good season if Kane stays.

Newcastle will find it hard to navigate games through time wasting as they did last season.

FerociousCorgis

honestly i dont think i could even remotely predict the top 6. Feels like this will be the most wide open in a while. At some point city will come back down. Then all the rest have huge question marks and could go every which way. Some clubs have to deal with new european games as distractions, others have new managers/high squad turnover. Gonna be so interesting.

MegadrivePerson

1. Arsenal - Went close last year, have made good signings and have a young team on the way up.
2. City - The fatigue of last season, plus a few extra games this season means they will just miss out.
3. United - Will be a very close third, have made good signings but not quite enough to break in to the top two.

Very hard to call from here onwards.

4. Liverpool - Seem to have added legs to the midfield but lack depth, plus their best players are in decline.
5. Newcastle - Will be similar to last season. The addition of European football will stop them kicking on enough.
6. Spurs - I think they will just edge out Chelsea. They have made good signings, but the likely loss of Kane will hamper them.

PoTMS

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. United
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Newcastle

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Arsenal
4. Newcastle
5. Liverpool
6. Aston Villa

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Man City
Arsenal
Man United
Liverpool
Newcastle
Chelsea

I expected most of the top 6 to get significantly stronger but I have not really seen it. Most of the new players are more like for like replacements or overpriced including ourselves or they are offset by losing another player. I am sure some of these transfers will turn out to be very good but as of now I don't see a significant improvement anywhere.

I think the final 2023-2024 league top 6 will look rather similar.

ericPSG

Supports
PSG
  1. Manchester City
  2. Newcastle
  3. Arsenal
  4. Liverpool
  5. Manchester United
  6. Chelsea

reddyornot

Manchester United.
Brighton.
Aston Villa.
West Ham United
Manchester City.
Liverpool.

kidbob

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5/6. Spurs/United/Newcastle (Villa in with a good shout too)

always_hoping

Average league points the last 5 seasons.

Man City 89 points (right on the average last season will need to drop below it to give others a chance)
Liverpool 85 points (67 points last season sure to improve this season)
Arsenal 68 points (84 points well above that average last season, somewhat to fall back now?)
Man United 68 points (74 points above the average so likely similar or slightly lower points this season)
Chelsea 66 points (44 points well above their average, have to improve this season and get closer to their average points)
Tottenham 65 points (60 points just below their average, probably around that average points again this season)
Newcastle 51 points (71 points, New wealthy owners big improvement and will be looking to finish top 4 again)

Prediction

1. Man City 87 to 90 points.
2. Arsenal 77 to 80 points
3. Liverpool 77 to 80 points
4. Man United 73 to 75 points
5. Newcastle 71 to 74 points
6. Chelsea 66 to 69 points

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
For reference, Paddy Power currently have it:

1) City
2) Arsenal
3) Liverpool
4) United
5) Chelsea
6) Newcastle

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
1) City
2) United
3) Liverpool
4) Arsenal
5) Chelsea
6) Newcastle

Trex

1. Manchester united
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Newcastle
6. Chelsea

ForeverRed1

very tough to call this year.

I’m going:

city
United/liverpool
Liverpool/united
Arsenal
Chelsea
Newcastle

City still have a player scoring 35 goals for them in the league alone, the best manager and the best squad depth, so it would take a real wobble from them. Maybe if haaland picks up some knocks Along with debruyne, it could throw them but generally they’re the team to beat.

I’m still not sure we will score enough. Like last season it could be our downfall. If we find our scoring boots then maybe just maybe we could do something!

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
1. Arsenal
2. City
3. Utd
4. Liverpool
5. Newcastle
6. Chelsea

City have to fecking lose at some point so why not this year? Despite winning the treble last year I didn't think they looked as good and can see them dropping of some more this year. Arsenal have added a bit of depth and just think they might kick on again this year and if anyone to going to top City this year they are probably best placed to do it.

Honestly, 3-6 is a bit of toss up. With Kane gone spurs are probably falling out of the equation(maybe). There's a lot expected of Newcastle but if both Liverpool and Chelsea find form I would expect them to drop out at this stage. I just don't really know what to expect from either of them, Liverpol basically have a new midfield and shipped a bunch of senior players and Chelsea are doing Chelsea things, one of them will come good and one will fail to meet expectation. I rate Klopp over Poch so probably favour Liverpool in that regard. Utd should be kicking on, probably a bit early for a real challenge. Goals might be the issue and will be interesting to see how Hojlund gets on, I certainly don't think he will do any harm in that regard but maybe not quite the scorer they need to really mount a challenge.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
City
Arsenal
Liverpool
- small gap -
Man United

- Gap -

Spurs

- Gap -

Brighton/ Newcastle/ Chelsea/ hopefully Villa

avgp_1

1. Arsenal
2. City
3. United
4. Liverpool
5. Chelsea
6. Spurs

redshaw

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Newcastle
4. Pool
5. United
6. Chelsea

Transfer window is still open, Caicedo has joined Chelsea since I thought about the thread and they're still making big signings, they could gain top 4 if they get another player.

I have United 5/6, hopefully the English teams can do well in the CL to open a 5th place CL placing

Edit Sep 2. I feel signing Amrabat can help us gain top 4.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Newcastle
5. Chelsea
6. United (if we buy a DM)