Predict the World Cup final

Canagel

I really don’t understand why so many people are discounting Belgium. I really feel they’re strong enough in all areas, and balanced enough, to beat Brazil and France to get to the final.

England will play Belgium in the final.

I just hope the United players do well.
That's what I thought too until their last match vs Japan. They showed too many weaknesses to be favorites over Brazil and France. No way they beat both these teams.

Pass and Move

Well I’m half English, half French, and live in Sweden. I’d be very disappointed not to see one of the three in the final!

Classical Mechanic

Portugal won EURO16 by playing against one top side in whole tournament (final against France). Maybe England can do the same? Although I don't see how can they beat Brazil, Belgium or France.
I think Belgium and France are the hardest sides for England to face. We played both France and Brazil in the past year. They were only friendlies but France caused Southgates's system the biggest amount of problems I've seen with the pace of Mbappe and Dembele getting in behind us. They beat us 2-3 at Wembley. We played Brazil at Wembley too, they took the game very seriously and played their World Cup XI and only and made 3 subs, their first three subs they use in the WC. They tried to play through us with intricate moves and created very little, that game was 0-0. I think Belgium have guys to cause us big problems in behind too but France are definitely the best equipped to beat us, even put a few past us, although we could attack them too because they are more attacking. If we do pull off the improbable and get to the final, to win, we would need a herculean effort and a big dose of luck I feel.

Redo91

France v Croatia.

Slightly off topic but has there even been an occasion in World Cup history where one side of the draw has been so much stronger than the other? Unbelievable opportunity for a team outside the top 4-5 in the world to get to a World Cup final which hardly ever happens.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Slightly off topic but has there even been an occasion in World Cup history where one side of the draw has been so much stronger than the other? Unbelievable opportunity for a team outside the top 4-5 in the world to get to a World Cup final which hardly ever happens.
England’s bracket was actually supposed to be the harder bracket when the World Cup draw happened. It looks easy now because Germany, Spain and Argentina didn’t bother turning up.

AlwaysRed66

England v Belgium. Started to think this after the group games. As long as none of the dirty, cheating South Americans win. Been a disgrace at this tournament. Come on France/Belgium make Suarez & Neymar cry.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
If France actually perform they'll win it. If they don't, Brazil will. I think Belgium will trip up at some point.

As for who they'll play in the final? Croatia, I guess, but that side of the draw has been so nuts I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sweden.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
France vs Croatia Final

France win on penalties

Minimalist

It'll probably be either France vs Croatia or France vs England with how things are going.

France to win.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Head says Brazil-England. It could be France but I see Brazil slightly better in defense.
Heart says Uruguay-Croacia .
In my city there are many Uruguayos, some quite close to me so they are my team in the World Cup. Croatia because of Modric and Kovacic

Treble

On paper the most attractive final would be Brazil vs England. It would feel nice Belgium or Croatia to win it as that would be their first and probably last title (for a very long time) but a final between Belgium/Uruguay and Croatia/Sweden/Russia would feel underwhelming: more like a last 16 game.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Brazil against Russia.

Russia win.

tonnas

France vs England and France to win, hopefully England will win it !!

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Its coming home so obviously England will be in the final. I'll go with against Brazil.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brazil / Russia

I am starting to think the unthinkable will happen and Russia end up winning it.
Russia really aren't that good. Uruguay showed them up big time.

Spain massively let them off the hook with their 1000 + sideways passes.

Zoo

Brazil-England.

Brazil will lift the cup.

MemphisThePie

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Head choice;

Croatia - France 1-2

Heart choice;

Sweden - Belgium

Imagine Sweden doing a Greece 04, would be so sick.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It's a very hard thing to predict. I'd love to see Uruguay vs Brazil in the 1st semi final. I think England will make the final against Uruguay and Suarez will break English hearts just as he did 4 years ago. That said, my predictions haven't been great, so I'm not putting money on it.