Predict when we will sign a player this window - Tom Heaton not included - Sergio Ramos Included

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Continuing a discussion from the Konate Thread.

When will we sign our first player in this window?

Will it be next week? Just as soon as the window opens. I mean the suits have had all season to be speaking to agents and clubs to get deals ready.
Or will it be the usual last minute.com effort where we sign a few players that wont even get a game next season. It just blows my mind that a plan is never evident for a business the size of United.

I feel its time to make a statement, wrestle that respect back. The reality I feel will be that the transfer window will come as a surprise to the suits at United and we'll all be left disappointed again.

Maybe a fit Phil Jones will be unveiled again as a new signing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we were run properly we would sign Sancho and a CB before our preseason started.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Few weeks after the Euros. Unless you count Tom Heaton, think that'll be announced in the next few weeks.
a few weeks after the euros is the start of the PL, so sounds about right that we wont have our house in order by then.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Continuing a discussion from the Konate Thread.

When will we sign our first player in this window?

Will it be next week? Just as soon as the window opens. I mean the suits have had all season to be speaking to agents and clubs to get deals ready.
Or will it be the usual last minute.com effort where we sign a few players that wont even get a game next season. It just blows my mind that a plan is never evident for a business the size of United.

I feel its time to make a statement, wrestle that respect back. The reality I feel will be that the transfer window will come as a surprise to the suits at United and we'll all be left disappointed again.

Maybe a fit Phil Jones will be unveiled again as a new signing.
When the moon is in the 7th house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars

OleBoiii

It's like that famous disco song goes: Ba-dee-ya, transfers in September

Harold_Giles

One big signing before the Euro's.
Probably Sancho.

Some details already sorted since last summer, and the board will probably want some positive media soon after our EL loss.

theklr

Sancho very early to appease the fans after EL loss, but especially also before Joel meets in the fan forum. 100%.

laughtersassassin

We will sign Tom Heaton within 2 weeks.

He will count as 2 if the 3 additions we get this summer.

RazorOz

Fully expect no major signings until August. It will be the usual shambles with the usual excuses rolled out. Early will be because of the Euros, then the players are on holiday, so every major deal we're after will drag on until August and as fan unrest grows we will buy players then, but who knows if it will be the players we actually wanted (eg. Maguire) or be like last season where we just threw a bit of money about last minute to appease the fans.

For the people saying Sancho next week, to me it feels like if we were really about to sign Sancho it would be all over the papers. He's English, I assume already in England linking up for the Euros, so there's no reason for the English media to not be all over it. Instead it's relatively calm on that front, you get a steady flow of stories of he's the top target, he's available this summer, but no hard, concrete evidence a signing is imminent.

Needless to say if it does follow this usual shambolic pattern, it's exactly why fan protests shouldn't stop, as it would show the club owners really don't learn anything about how to run a club, and aren't particularly interested in making any progress (ie. winning things) at all.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I think for all clubs itll be a slow window until Euros end. Unless they're sort of lower scale signings of players who arent in Euros.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I think the question is when was the last time we signed players before pre season? Can someone help me out on this?

I believe there was a flurry of signings under LVG but were they signed early or on deadline day?

It is vital we get our business done early to allow our players to bed in. There is no excuses to not sign Sancho this season. The top brass know what’s needed to secure his signature and we’re desperate for a player of his ilk. I’ll be happy with Sancho and a CB but we need to act fast because Ole can’t really afford a slow start to the season and this up and coming season is one where we complete the jigsaw. We’re only a couple of pieces away.

SATA

The Glazers meeting with the fans is on June 4th, isn’t it? Think that will be too early for a big signing with just a week away

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
They'll get rid of Ole and delay spending for a year whilst the new manager assesses the squad.

DoomSlayer

We will panic buy 3 squad players in the last week of the transfer window and Solskjaer won't play them most of the time.

iKnowNothing

Just saw the thread on Konate. How the feck are Liverpool this efficient? The transfer may or may not be successful but nobody can deny that they’ve given it their best shot.
The feckers in the United broad or scouting or whatever team are just horrible and given their history, they’re going to wait till the absolute last day to make a move. Fecking idiots.