Predict when we will sign a player this window - Tom Heaton not included - Sergio Ramos Included

dinostar77

If Ole has specific targets in mind and can't get the first choice for the position and has to settle for the second choice for the position then who knows when?

Also it may depend on when Utd appoint Woodwards replacement. They may want Woodwards replacement to sign the big name of the summer to give him some kudos. Who knows.

Ole will want the player(s) in for the start of pre-season training whenever that is. So id think that would be the target to get a signing or two in. Hopefully Utd arent too greedy when trying to sell Lingaard and Henderson.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
From a commercial point of view, it makes little sense to make a big signing before the Euros right? Like it will have fizzled out slightly by the time pre season starts.

Add in the potential of splashing £60m+ on a player then them getting injured at the Euros... maybe lay the ground work but hold off on completion makes more sense.

dinostar77

From a commercial point of view, it makes little sense to make a big signing before the Euros right? Like it will have fizzled out slightly by the time pre season starts.

Add in the potential of splashing £60m+ on a player then them getting injured at the Euros... maybe lay the ground work but hold off on completion makes more sense.
That does make sense waiting for the euros to finish but the players price may go up if they have a good tournament ala Kane if he bangs in some goals.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
That does make sense waiting for the euros to finish but the players price may go up if they have a good tournament ala Kane if he bangs in some goals.
I'm not sure that applies (outside of newspaper headlines) for top level players in today's game, Maybe 15 years ago where knowledge of players in other leagues was less widespread "oh my god this Czech guy got 5 goals he must be the next Nedved"

I think the "here's our new £80m player arriving for his first training session, meeting the squad" etc is a lot better than "here's our new £80m signing, he's off to play for x, see you in a couple months once the tournament has finished and i've had my holiday"

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
My guess is that it'll be a CB and around July 20th.

Early signings are rare unless its a release clause and/or a deal that has been agreed for months.

I think its unlikely that Sancho signs early in the summer. I haven't seen any actual evidence that United is looking to close that deal early, it seems like all paper talk and hopeful speculation. And deals of that size just tend to drag on toward the end of the window. United will want to see whether BvB drops their price as the summer drags on. The supporters just want it done and don't really care in the end whether it costs 75m or 85m but no club director is going to see it that way.

Steamboat Willy

Either we go out next weekend and announce the signings of Sancho and Grealish. The week after that we presents the signing of Varane before we presents Haaland as our last signing on the day of the EURO final.

Otherwise we go on all summer being linked with Sancho and Grealish, just to end up signing Ben White, Danny Ings and some dutch guy within the last two weeks of the window.

RkkMan

I don't see any CB happening before the Euros and there's no serious links to a DM reckon that one happens a bit later as well so my guess and it may seem outlandish is we'll get Sancho before the Euros starts. Personal terms aren't an issue and Utd know what the price is. Unlike last year a time like this there's no talk of his fee being "unrealistic"

SATA

I would like to think our transfer committee are doing lots of works now behind the scenes and getting into contacts with the selling clubs and intermediaries/middle men

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Has anyone else signed anyone?
Konate? Other than that I don't know of another club that has announced anyone.
Plenty of time, no need for the knee jerk reactions in this thread already.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Either August 30th or 31st, depending on our fixtures at that time.

croadyman

Yeah won't be too gutted about that one IF we can't get ideally Varane over the line but maybe Torres/Kounde could really surprise everyone and with a decent CDM in front of them have a Dias like impact on us

laughtersassassin

This is what people said last year too mate.

The other teams don't have our history of fecking it up.

A-man

Since we extended Baillys contract, Indont think we’ll get a top CB but maybe one of similar level.
Since we got Diallo for quite some money I doubt we’ll get Sancho.
Since our forwards barely reached double digits I strongly believe we’ll get a new striker.
We’ll get a CM/DM, could be Rice.

daveskimufc

Won’t be until after the euros.

and then the usual linked to everyone until deadline day

RkkMan

Since we extended Baillys contract, Indont think we’ll get a top CB but maybe one of similar level.
Since we got Diallo for quite some money I doubt we’ll get Sancho.
Since our forwards barely reached double digits I strongly believe we’ll get a new striker.
We’ll get a CM/DM, could be Rice.
You need to follow the news more. It's already been reported in detail in the media we still want a starting CB despite Bailly's extension we've been reliably linked with Varane, Kounde, Botman and Pau Torres(also go look at his interview before the EL final doesn't sound like a man who's set in stone to stay if game time is an issue again)
Also every reliable journalist close to Utd and reliable ones in Germany have confirmed we not only STILL want Sancho but held talks with his people again with a view of bidding. Amad's a signing for the future that's still raw his presence means little in regards to Sancho being a target
It's also been reported again in detail Cavani's extension has significantly reduced chances of signing a No9 till next year. Don't expect us to be after Kane/Haaland

A-man

You need to follow the news more. It's already been reported in detail in the media we still want a starting CB despite Bailly's extension we've been reliably linked with Varane, Kounde, Botman and Pau Torres(also go look at his interview before the EL final doesn't sound like a man who's set in stone to stay if game time is an issue again)
Also every reliable journalist close to Utd and reliable ones in Germany have confirmed we not only STILL want Sancho but held talks with his people again with a view of bidding. Amad's a signing for the future that's still raw his presence means little in regards to Sancho being a target
It's also been reported again in detail Cavani's extension has significantly reduced chances of signing a No9 till next year. Don't expect us to be after Kane/Haaland
CB: Varane would be a clear upgrade and guaranteed starter, Kounde would most like be as well (can never know when moving from la Liga to the PL however). Could be I’m wrong and we’ll sign one of them but I’m still in doubts. It’s a delicate situation at United now. Bailly has gone public twice that he won’t stay if he doesn’t start games. Tuanzebe’s career is good night if he’s CB no 4-5 another season. Both them will probably leave if we get a top CB and then we’ll have a thin lineup for that position again. The others, Botman(who I don’t see fit our way of playing at all) and Torres I don’t see as guaranteed starters but more the same level as those we have today.

Sancho would be a dream signing imo but I’m getting more and more doubtful. Maybe. It I think we’ll play Greenwood and Diallo and then get a good striker.

I see zero chance that Kane will join us. He wants out of Spurs for trophies; PL and/or CL. Chances of getting that at United are very small.

RkkMan

CB: Varane would be a clear upgrade and guaranteed starter, Kounde would most like be as well (can never know when moving from la Liga to the PL however). Could be I’m wrong and we’ll sign one of them but I’m still in doubts. It’s a delicate situation at United now. Bailly has gone public twice that he won’t stay if he doesn’t start games. Tuanzebe’s career is good night if he’s CB no 4-5 another season. Both them will probably leave if we get a top CB and then we’ll have a thin lineup for that position again. The others, Botman(who I don’t see fit our way of playing at all) and Torres I don’t see as guaranteed starters but more the same level as those we have today.

Sancho would be a dream signing imo but I’m getting more and more doubtful. Maybe. It I think we’ll play Greenwood and Diallo and then get a good striker.

I see zero chance that Kane will join us. He wants out of Spurs for trophies; PL and/or CL. Chances of getting that at United are very small.
Thing is outside Haaland/Kane who we ain't getting there isn't any other "good striker" hence why we kept Cavani and are now after Sancho again. Chances are Greenwood will start getting games up front as intended from the start

A-man

Thing is outside Haaland/Kane who we ain't getting there isn't any other "good striker" hence why we kept Cavani and are now after Sancho again. Chances are Greenwood will start getting games up front as intended from the start
I hope we get Sancho, but I don’t have big hopes. When it comes to a striker I wouldn’t trust that Cavani stays fit a whole season.

I then end I think it really comes to how much Ole and the others trust certain players to reach a certain level. If Martial, Tuanzebe and Rashford fulfill the potential we all hope they have, we have a totally other scenario than if they don’t. Does Ole believe in them or not?

yo@Kirk

Same owners, same board of directors, same Woodward in charge, same transfer window sh!t show. Sven Botman on August 5th for 40m. I hope I'm wrong.

Ceteris

Why are we still talking to Sancho and his people? We've been doing that for two windows now, there's nothing to talk about, if you want him pay and sign him. Bunch of diots really

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Why are we still talking to Sancho and his people? We've been doing that for two windows now, there's nothing to talk about, if you want him pay and sign him. Bunch of diots really
Very similar to the Bruno fiasco