Premier League 2017/18 relegation battle

Perseus

Swansea to hope their goal difference is not too badly dented at Man City

PoTMS

It'll stay exactly the way it is at the moment. We should be picking off some of Southampton's better players, namely Bertrand, Cedric and possibly Lemina. Stoke and WBA can feck off permanently.

Swift Football

Swansea to hope their goal difference is not too badly dented at Man City
At the moment, City are dominating Swansea so much that its so boring. I wont be surprised if they break a few records in terms of possession in this match.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
It'll stay exactly the way it is at the moment. We should be picking off some of Southampton's better players, namely Bertrand, Cedric and possibly Lemina. Stoke and WBA can feck off permanently.
These two are really a good pick for any team and would prove very decent cover.

Perseus

At the moment, City are dominating Swansea so much that its so boring. I wont be surprised if they break a few records in terms of possession in this match.
Swansea: 17% possession, less than Newcastle. They did manage a half chance and had a shot on target.

Perseus

These two are really a good pick for any team and would prove very decent cover.
Pick an alternative team outside of the top six. Mahrez, Vardy and not many others that stand out. Not much to choose between the bottom 11 clubs. i can't really say that WBA and Stoke were any worse than the rest.

Perseus

37 points should be safe, 36 for some clubs (not for Stoke), but still not sure.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
think 36 is already safe, with Swansea playing both Stoke and Southampton can't see any of the teams on 36 going down, Huddersfield really need to take a point off Everton to be safe, at the moment I can't see Southampton getting 7 points from remaining 4

Perseus

think 36 is already safe, with Swansea playing both Stoke and Southampton can't see any of the teams on 36 going down, Huddersfield really need to take a point off Everton to be safe, at the moment I can't see Southampton getting 7 points from remaining 4

Things could change very rapidly. Southampton are about 60% chance of beating Bournemouth at home, incentive to get a point at Everton before the showdown at Swansea with both maybe on 33 points. Swansea vs Stoke could make both on 36 pts on the last weekend. Brighton could be on 36 pts as well.

I don't think they will do it as I think the other clubs will get 37 pts and Southampton getting a point at home to Man City maybe a bridge too far ?!

it might depend on what Everton side turns up on the day as they play Huddersfield as well. 36 pts might be safe for Southampton but maybe not for other clubs with a worse goal difference?

One point or even one goal could be a decider?

Perseus

40 points is safe for sure and Swansea or Southampton can reach this total but not both of them.

Alabaster Codify7

This will go to the wire, but I hope Darren Moore gets the gig for WBA next season in the Champhionsip. He deserves a crack.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good chance Huddersfield will be down.

Swansea play Southampton tomorrow. Win for Southampton means they will be on 36 points and with better GD than Huddersfield and Swansea. Swansea play Stoke at home on the last day.

Huddersfield will play Chelsea away (who are competing for top 4 place) and Arsenal at home (Wenger's last game), so very good chance they will lose both games.

If Swansea wins tomorrow then it's all over though.

Last edited:

Perseus

1. Swansea 3 Stoke 0
    Southampton 0 Man City 7
    Huddersfield 0 Arsenal 0

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Southampton Pl 37 Pts 36 GD -18 - Man City home
Huddersfield Pl 36 Pts 36 GD -29 - Chelsea away, Arsenal home
Swansea City Pl 37 Pts 33 GD -27 - Stoke home
West Brom 37 31 - Down
Stoke City 37 30 - Down :)

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Didn't see Swansea's decline coming.

Stop scoring goals now at the worst time.

I still think they'll beat Stoke though so comes down to whether Huddersfield will nick a point from their last two and given Chelsea are back on form it will all come down to Arsenal's mood I think.