Premier League Clubs Refuse to release players for International games

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It feels this has been a long time coming. The conflict between employer (club) and occasional bonus and prestige workplace (national team) is just about as obvious a clash as you'd expect from the modern world.

In terms of Cavani, he just got a nice dose of Glazeridis. Get promised the Earth and the Sky but get shafted immediately after.

I personally can see the POV from the EPL clubs and actually in the case of Cavani, it's even more jarring that he's barely back for our 3rd game of the season and then he has to go away AGAIN and isolate again.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It feels this has been a long time coming. The conflict between employer (club) and occasional bonus and prestige workplace (national team) is just about as obvious a clash as you'd expect from the modern world.

In terms of Cavani, he just got a nice dose of Glazeridis. Get promised the Earth and the Sky but get shafted immediately after.

I personally can see the POV from the EPL clubs and actually in the case of Cavani, it's even more jarring that he's barely back for our 3rd game of the season and then he has to go away AGAIN and isolate again.
It's impressive that you've managed to turn this into a Glazer thing.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It's impressive that you've managed to turn this into a Glazer thing.
This kind of reply should get you banned from the thread. Personal line of attack and contributes a big fat zero to the discussion.

And yes, it is to do with the Glazers since we like to make oursevles to be nicer and different. Well, the peope running us are not and I'd happily point it out.

Oranges038

If it's only to red listed counties then I don't see how there can be any arguments. Especially if players have to quarantine or whatever when they return.

This window 2 weeks after the season starts always seemed like the most pointless one. The international calendar needs to be given serious revision and has done for a long time.

Deery

Dreary
I don’t see a problem either with quarantine and high risk of infection surely it’s the most sensible thing to do..

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
This kind of reply should get you banned from the thread. Personal line of attack and contributes a big fat zero to the discussion.

And yes, it is to do with the Glazers since we like to make oursevles to be nicer and different. Well, the peope running us are not and I'd happily point it out.
You think that was a personal attack? :lol: Wow, aren't you precious. It was supposed to be a lighthearted, throw away comment, but I see you're too precious to accept that. I should've checked you had a sense of humour first. And besides, it's not my fault to persist with your horse piss logic.

It's a blanket response to from all premier league clubs. But sure, we like to make ourselves nicer and different... whatever that means.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Which players is this going to impact?

Silva at Chelsea is our only player, I think. I can see him being pissed off, given he is on 98 caps and his 100th would be a home game against Argentina.

Fred and Cavani for you lot?

MTF

Which players is this going to impact?

Silva at Chelsea is our only player, I think. I can see him being pissed off, given he is on 98 caps and his 100th would be a home game against Argentina.

Fred and Cavani for you lot?
Alisson and Fabinho for Liverpool, Ederson and Jesus for City, Richarlison for Everton. That's it for the Brazilian players I think, besides Fred.

OmarUnited4ever

Considering he was given extra time off, Cavani shouldn't really be complaining about this.
To be honest I agree, but i think the issue is his NT, Uruguay, is sitting in 4th, Colombia is 5th with same points as Uruguay, & Paraguay is only 1 point behind, so Uruguay will need Cavani available to allow them to put points on the board and guarantee that 4th spot which qualifies directly to the WC 2022.

Brazil is comfortably top of the table with 6 points difference from 2nd placed Argentina, so the Brazilians in EPL (Fred, Fabinho, Allison, Richarlison, Ederson, etc...) might not kick-up a fuss if they miss the next 2 games in Sept.

OmarUnited4ever

Alisson and Fabinho for Liverpool, Ederson and Jesus for City, Richarlison for Everton. That's it for the Brazilian players I think, besides Fred.
I think also Argentina will be impacted a bit as Villa's Martinez & Spurs' Romero will not be able to go.

Colombia will also miss Sanchez, & Mina, who are key players for them and their starting CBs, so they would be in trouble if they can't go

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Makes perfect sense to me. In every other job if you take time off to go do something else, they are not going to approve it if you then have to take an extra two weeks off when you get back, during a time when your actually required for your job.

Our players are paid to play football for us, and we should only be releasing players in situation that don't result in them missing games for us.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
I generally find people hating on international breaks annoying, but here I agree with the clubs.

In this covid era, you don't want your asset to be risked or loose them for extra days due to quarantine rules.

International football should be given a different slot atleast till covid period is over. So when it is happening club football is over or not yet started. So they don't appear in between a regular club season.

fps

How has this got anything to do with being nice?

Thevlubs are right to take this stand, even if there’s a little self interest mixed in.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The real questions are, what's the point of the red list? How many variants have travel restrictions kept out of the UK so far? That would be zero. Correct me if I'm wrong?

We have vaccines now, what's going to change in future? So are we permanently going to have a red list too?

stu_1992

The correct decision really. Yeah it sucks for the players and countries involved, but these are still strange times. I like Cavani a lot but I do feel he's a bit out of line here with that post. Again I get being disappointed but he's just back in the door at Carrington, and he was looking to go off to play for his country again with all of the isolation and quarantine that comes with that? He hasn't played a minute for us as he's not fit, so why should he be going off to his international team at this point anyway? That rubs me the wrong way.