Premier League Festive Season

mu4c_20le

Chelsea give us yet another chance to reduce the gap to the top 4...

We've been here before!
Nah, it mostly benefits Spurs, because Mou is going to drag them into top 4 and call it one of the greatest accomplishments of his career. We are only secondary benefactors... im more happy that Arsenal drop points, so that we can try to pull away from them again

TheReligion

Abusive
Answer the questions you politician!
You are the best of a bad bunch at the moment. I'll give you that. My initial point was Lampard isn't some coaching, tactical master as made out in the media. He's proving to be very predictable and naive with plenty to learn. The narrative here and in the media that Lampard is far ahead of Ole is simply wrong.

Canagel

Even Ozil was looking like a top player again in the first half.

They done everything correct, bar the final ball today. They looked like a version of City attacking-wise, minus the clinical decision-making/finishing of course.

Of course it's only been 1 game, but Arteta looks like he has something about him here.
I watched the game and agree with you. It's still early to put a proper judgement on him but they looked well coached already in the attacking phases, tighter pressing and more dynamic than before. Only time will tell.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Some pundit was discussing Arsenal's upcoming fixtures and United were there. Found it funny when they said "who knows which Utd is going to turn up in that game"

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You are the best of a bad bunch at the moment. I'll give you that. My initial point was Lampard isn't some coaching, tactical master as made out in the media. He's proving to be very predictable and naive with plenty to learn. The narrative here and in the media that Lampard is far ahead of Ole is simply wrong.
Not going to answer? Booo!

As for Ole v Lampard, one of them is in their second season as a manager, the other has been at it for a decade, it's a totally unfair comparison.

I understand that some posters on here have used Lampard as a stick to beat Ole with, I don't think I've ever done that.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not going to answer? Booo!

As for Ole v Lampard, one of them is in their second season as a manager, the other has been at it for a decade, it's a totally unfair comparison.

I understand that some posters on here have used Lampard as a stick to beat Ole with, I don't think I've ever done that.
Yeah you're right. Ole is a managerial stalwart who other young managers go to for help and advice. Lampard is fresh out of management school and thought the term Sweeper was given to the bloke that brushes up at Cobham.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yeah you're right. Ole is a managerial stalwart who other young managers go to for help and advice. Lampard is fresh out of management school and thought the term Sweeper was given to the bloke that brushes up at Cobham.
You should be better at anything after 10 years than 1 and a half, don't you think?

Lampard barely has his yellow belt, Ole's should be brown at least!

Pagh Wraith

Newcastle must have the biggest colletion of weird looking people that play football. Almiron, the Longstaffs, Gayle.. and coached by Steve Bruce!

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea and Utd are weirdly similarly woeful against counter attacking teams at home recently. Interesting to see if Utd response is better now.

Strange times we live in.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
We had a woeful start but have looked much better in the last 25mns of that half.
Yup, response after going 1-0 down very impressive. Especially goal by Greenwood, got some stones on him to take that shot on with two players open to the left.

DAK222

Supports
Liverpool
So Newcastle have taken points off City and now taken some pressure off Solskjaer, buying him more time. What's not to like about them?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Fred has kept it ticking over nicely. Been good today even though he lost possession for the goal

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I just fell asleep and had a memorable x-rated dream - I won't tell you all the details as I'll probably get banned. All I'm prepared to say at this point is that it involved a carrot, a horse and a combine harvester.

To cut a long story short, the dream ended with a scoreboard showing Leicester having beaten Liverpool 1-0. Make of that what you will.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Our youth system is surely the best in England and one of the best in the world. Churns out class. Love how we stay true to home grown gems unlike your City and Liverpool's.
I love it too.

It's pretty much the only highlight of our season to date. Whatever happens from this point on, whether Ole remains or gets replaced, we have to stick with the promoting of youth approach rather than the galactico approach which has failed dramatically post-SAF.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Can watch Pool and Leicester now we've got 3 points.

Come on young Vardy!