g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Festive Season

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Liverpool are a class outfit but they do seem that very small little bit short of the team they were a couple of years ago, which may not be enough to topple City this year.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool are a class outfit but they do seem that very small little bit short of the team they were a couple of years ago, which may not be enough to topple City this year.
That’s how I’ve felt recently. We’re good but not Guardiola good. We should be beating this Leicester team if we’re serious about keeping up with City.

We’ve lacked the ruthlessness City showed two days ago.

Ollie Derbyshire

People will slate me but I still Rodgers gets more out of what he has. They are having a poor season this year but they’ve had a lot of injuries.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Christ, Henderson must have been having some brilliant dreams.
3 terrible volleys in this half. Love his look after it, like he's surprised it didn't go in :lol:
That’s how I’ve felt recently. We’re good but not Guardiola good. We should be beating this Leicester team if we’re serious about keeping up with City.

No way you're not winning this, but your front 3 are a bit meh tonight.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
How is that not a yellow for Matip? He should be off, that shit is so dangerous

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
That is so dangerous from
Matip. Straight from the Harry Kane playbook that.

Deery

Dreary
So when’s Liverpool going to ruin our night I’ll say 79 minute..

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
So when’s Liverpool going to ruin our night I’ll say 79 minute..
Origi or Minamino

It's always the shitters who bail them out.

Well, it used to be our poorer players under SAF too :(

Need Klopp to leave the Premier League and Pep too :mad:

marktan

I think you need some more attackers (better than Minamino calibre). City rotate theirs heavily and you guys always play the same 3. The biggest issue is that Mane's god tier touch has gone, which leaves too much of the burden on Salah. Personally someone like St-Maximin to stretch play one on one would go perfectly for you, it's what Mane used to do once upon a time.

Deery

Dreary
Origi or Minamino

It's always the shitters who bail them out.

Well, it used to be our poorer players under SAF too :(

Need Klopp to leave the Premier League and Pep too :mad:
Origi guaranteed..

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If that isn't deliberately dangerous play, I don't know what is. Disgraceful stuff really.

marktan

Anyone else listening to only the Stadium sound with the commentary off? So much more enjoyable.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah agree with that, small margins really. Liverpool probably in 85-90 range. Man. City are 90-95 points margin and they're pretty much doing what they did last year, putting together formidable run at this time of the year to pull away from chasing pack.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If that isn't deliberately dangerous play, I don't know what is. Disgraceful stuff really.

Even more shockingly, Liverpool ended up getting the free kick in their favour.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
And that penalty. Feckin hell. Someone breathes on Salah and he goes down as if a rhino hit him from behind
If he hadn't taken half an hour waiting for contact he might not have even needed the penalty to score.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Pool really aren't the side to play a diamond against. What's Rodgers thinking?
I reckon he's thinking "this is one of the few formations we can actually play with the personnel available". I think that's what he's thinking.

We have a midfield of Choudhury, Soumare and Dewsbury-Hall, ffs. We played two days ago (against Man City), whereas Liverpool haven't played since they last played us in the cup (where they rested most of their players anyway). What are people actually expecting from this game?

Liverpool normally batter us even with our full strength squad. With all things considered, If we only lose by 2 goals, then we've massively exceeded my expectations.