Premier League Festive Season

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I'm not pretending it's stupid, it is stupid. Spurs are laughing their way to CL football. However, I'm more than willing to wait until summer to see who we appoint as our full time manager, if we appoint Ten-Hag or even Ruben Amorim then it'll have been worth missing out on him, if we appoint someone like Rodgers or Pochettino then I'll re-emphasize what a stupid decision it was.
Laughing their way into the top 4 :lol: there’s like 20 games to be played. Again you can pretend it was stupid but it wasn’t as they obviously didn’t want Conte. But I sense that we can agree to disagree.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It’s the performances since Ole left including Villarreal and Chelsea away and Arsenal a home. We are actually on a great run, don’t know why people on here are pretending otherwise
Your results look good but you were completely outplayed by Chelsea and Norwich deserved something from that game as well.
I’m just saying that it might not be as straight forward as you’re making it sound.

it’ll be interesting to see where everyone is at by March/April.

SAFMUTD

It’s the performances since Ole left including Villarreal and Chelsea away and Arsenal a home. We are actually on a great run, don’t know why people on here are pretending otherwise
Because while results have been good performances haven't. So it's only natural to think we can/will lose points in the next features while the other top 4 contenders are looking solid.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Laughing their way into the top 4 :lol: there’s like 20 games to be played. Again you can pretend it was stupid but it wasn’t as they obviously didn’t want Conte. But I sense that we can agree to disagree.
Yeah, that's fair enough.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Because while results have been good performances haven't. So it's only natural to think we can/will lose points in the next features while the other top 4 contenders are looking solid.
Could we not look at it the opposite way? Performances have so much room for improvement that once Ralf gets it together we will hopefully be able to go on a strong run.

the_cliff

Where he is right now at the current moment. Grealish is a good player among many good players but his form for the last 6 weeks after a promising start doesn't merit him being in either iteration.
I do have faith he'll come good, Sterling and Bernardo both had poor starts under Pep and Mahrez was very hit and miss for his first 12 months.
True, it does usually take 12 months to get used to a Pep system.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sterling played himself back into great form, Leicester missing players but he's tearing them apart. Not looking good for Grealish to get back in the team.
Sterling being in form is huge for us as he's our best goalscorer despite his other issues.
Contract time.

Redfrog

He’s basically 2000s Jose Mourinho before Real Madrid frazzled him.
I would take that in a second. You are basically winning the league and maybe a champions league…what’s wrong with that ?

For all the long term bullsh*t, people tend to forget that SAF was only here for so long because he was winning the league more then once every other year…

It worked well, the master plan with Ole…it’s already a 10 years wait. How long the long term plan should be long ?

GlasgowCeltic

I won’t dispute in any way that Conte is a great manager but he seems short term, medium term at best. He’s basically 2000s Jose Mourinho before Real Madrid frazzled him.

Would rather go on the Ralf and beyond route, rather than Conte who’d have probably ended up emulating Jose’s stint with us in my opinion. Nice high finishes, some silverware but not the prestigious ones.
Contes definitely a short term manager, but then you don’t make a 37 year old the highest paid player in the league if you’re not looking for immediate success

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Just seen the City score.. absolute garbage from Leicester, pathetic showing from them. Stupid Rodgers trying to be a smart arse midweek with that team and it backfired. Their fans must be losing patience with this clown right now.

Clanrickard

Supports
Arsenal
It's Spurs and Arsenal, that's why.
That;s not really an argument is it? Arsenal are a run of good form and Conte is a top manager. Refering to what happened in the past doesn't indicate what will happen in the furtre. Right now if I was a betting man us and Spudz are more likely to finish top 4 on form..

Redfrog

Topred eh?
There goes any modicum of credibility you may or may not have had.
Best get back on twitter abusing howson.
You are the only one abusing someone.
But I can take it, I am not a child.
By the way, you still have no arguments.

Bye bye.

SAFMUTD

Could we not look at it the opposite way? Performances have so much room for improvement that once Ralf gets it together we will hopefully be able to go on a strong run.
I'd like to think so, tomorrow's game will definitely set the way for it. If we perform positivity will arise, I think we performed so well those 30 minutes against Palace that the bar was set high only to be totally disappointed by the Norwich performance. So it's only natural that some of us are nervous.

cyberman

Your results look good but you were completely outplayed by Chelsea and Norwich deserved something from that game as well.
I’m just saying that it might not be as straight forward as you’re making it sound.

it’ll be interesting to see where everyone is at by March/April.
That’s a season up and down though. I guarantee I could point a game out to you that Arsenal and Spurs have won over the last month and said the opposition deserved to get something. Even then we had a covid outbreak right after that Norwich game so who knows what factor that was on our energy levels.
Here’s another thing, it’s not as if Spurs and Arsenal are in great runs. We have already caught Arsenal up got Spurs down to 2 points from 5 (I think?)
Our run to March is stupidly advantageous to us. If we aren’t in pole position for CL the there’s something drastically wrong

AltiUn

I would take that in a second. You are basically winning the league and maybe a champions league…what’s wrong with that ?

For all the long term bullsh*t, people tend to forget that SAF was only here for so long because he was winning the league more then once every other year…

It worked well, the master plan with Ole…it’s already a 10 years wait. How long the long term plan should be long ?
Not a chance you're winning the Champions League with Conte, he's dreadful in Europe.
Was Zaha a straight red? Didn’t see it.
Two yellows.

cabbs1989

Christ arsenal have had a pretty decent run but when they have come up against anyone decent they crumble, they play Liverpool Chelsea spurs city in the next month, spurs also have some tough games, United have not played in 2 weeks, we will finish in top 4 fine, it’s spurs and arsenal for god sake, get a grip

AltiUn

Cancelo and then Dias(?) overcommitting to that a bit.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That’s a season up and down though. I guarantee I could point a game out to you that Arsenal and Spurs have won over the last month and said the opposition deserved to get something. Even then we had a covid outbreak right after that Norwich game so who knows what factor that was on our energy levels.
Here’s another thing, it’s not as if Spurs and Arsenal are in great runs. We have already caught Arsenal up got Spurs down to 2 points from 5 (I think?)
Our run to March is stupidly advantageous to us. If we aren’t in pole position for CL the there’s something drastically wrong
I mean you do have better players so you should be getting it. I don’t think it’s a guarantee though. Dangerous to count points before games are played.

I do agree that your run until March (I think you play us then?) is favourable.

Redfrog

Not a chance you're winning the Champions League with Conte, he's dreadful in Europe.

Two yellows.
That’s what José pre Madrid was. That was my point.
But fair enough, I will take a Premier League any day. It’s been 10 years almost…

United in sin

I don’t think he’s coasting, I think it’s just his level. He’ll score a cracker every so often to fuel the talk about him being one of the better midfielders in the league then go missing for games at a time. He’s one of a bunch of players that get overrated simply because they play for Leicester. Soyuncu is another.
Tielemans has been highly rated since his youth days. I do agree with you overall, he hasn't matched the hype and he's not getting younger. I'd still take him over say a player like McTominay because Tielemans is actually good on the ball

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I’m not. We just need a chance to play them, the table is lying at the minute and pointing to the point difference when games played are so lop sides is even worse
The table is not lying. It's reflecting the matches played so far.

Chairman Steve

Is a reverse Rodgers happening where they shit the bed at the start and then finish great?! :p