Premier League Game Week 17

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Got the Spurs game on my laptop and they didn't deserve that at all. Wolves were the better team for the majority of the game.
Suicidal defending for the winning goal we miss boly for set pieces. We didn't deserve to lose though and another cracking goal from Adama

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Some comfort for Arsenal. The Chinese were spared watching it!

The only positive thing Ozil has done in 2 seasons

Perseus

Monday night "Brighton Line" derby, SE London v Sussex by the Sea attrition derby. Not one for the tourist as it is at Selhurst Park.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Why VAR failed to act after DDG was clearly impeded is anyone's guess.

It wasn't even subtle.
Wasn't a foul for me.

Everton player is already high in the air by the time de gea decides to come for it. He jumps into the path of a flying player and loses the challenge.

The Everton player has a right to jump for the ball. if de gea can't get there first or contest him physically, that's no fault of the player.

Just poor goalkeeping.

Nick7

Wasn't a foul for me.

Everton player is already high in the air by the time de gea decides to come for it. He jumps into the path of a flying player and loses the challenge.

The Everton player has a right to jump for the ball. if de gea can't get there first or contest him physically, that's no fault of the player.

Just poor goalkeeping.
Calvert Lewins forearm was outstretched and in De Gea’s face.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Calvert Lewins forearm was outstretched and in De Gea’s face.
Which is not a foul for me when you are at the top of your leap. It's not as if he's using the arm to jump off de gea.

It's a poorly timed jump from de gea. Should have been there earlier if he wanted a chance to contest that.

Nick7

Which is not a foul for me when you are at the top of your leap. It's not as if he's using the arm to jump off de gea.

It's a poorly timed jump from de gea. Should have been there earlier if he wanted a chance to contest that.
I disagree. It wasn't great from De Gea but still a foul to me.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

An arm across the face is not a foul? It doesn't matter who jumped first because De Gea can't possibly even compete properly for that ball as he gets an arm to the face, it's a foul all day.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
An arm across the face is not a foul? It doesn't matter who jumped first because De Gea can't possibly even compete properly for that ball as he gets an arm to the face, it's a foul all day.
It's not a foul if you basically jump into the arm for a ball you aren't winning anyway, rather than the other way around.

The Everton player was carried by momentum of his jump well before De Gea ever came for it. He was simply second to it and didn't have the physical presence and momentum to challenge.

A stronger keeper gets there earlier and with with enough momentum and physical presence to challenge for it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Didn't know the rule "player who jumps first can use his arm across the opponents face". These FIFA guys just keeps updating these rules,

Perseus

Special technique of Calvert Lewin to jump early. He's been doing it for years and has caught teams out before.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's not a foul if you basically jump into the arm for a ball you aren't winning anyway, rather than the other way around.

The Everton player was carried by momentum of his jump well before De Gea ever came for it. He was simply second to it and didn't have the physical presence and momentum to challenge.

A stronger keeper gets there earlier and with with enough momentum and physical presence to challenge for it.
What? Your momentum carrying you into someone doesn't stop it being a foul. The jump timing is actually small and they're both looking at the ball, saying De Gea jumped into his arm is twisting events.
Leading into someone with your arm and connecting with their face makes it a foul.
Now De Gea was weak in the challenge, it's still a foul. His lack of physical presence or momentum are irrelevant there.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Wasn't a foul for me.

Just poor goalkeeping.
It was a clear foul on DDG.

You would likely feel differently about itIf it was Allisson on the recieving end, as would VAR.

Along with the standard 4 game ban for Evra.

Perseus

0-0 HT

Blue-arsed flies running around a lot. Ref letting the game flow.