Premier League Gameweek 1 (9th, 10th, 11th August)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I get what you're saying and I would love to be able to enjoy a match on it's own merits. The problem I have is that City have left no room for mistakes to be made. It's great winning a match 4-1 whilst not at your best but when you know that even dropping 2 points is potentially fatal to your goal of winning the league, it leaves you a bit tense when you can see all the problems that a team like City will exploit at will.
Welcome to our nightmare :lol:

Plenty of beer, food, some spectacular football, impressive league campaigns that amount to nothing unless you happen to be either perfect of lucky. But we get plenty of CL titles :drool:
I'd say he wants to convert last season's draws into wins & that he won't do it vs stronger teams.
They lost 4 points against teams outside the top 6 last year. I can only think of it as an energy-saving strategy

Thing is Klopp is quite known for raising certain players performances. In Dortmund he made the likes of Schmelzer, Großkreutz, Pisczcek looking like world-class fullbacks (especially the latter) or Bender/Kagawa looking like world-class midfielders. Most of your players never looked anything special before their arrival and I think it's quite reasonable that some have doubts about their "true" abilities so to speak.
Henderson was borderline world class in the slip season, VVD had been the best CB in the league for at least a year when they signed him, Trent was one of the highest rated youngster in english football in years, Milner spent many years being a very useful player for city, and all three of Salah, Mane and Firmino were great players on the cusp of making the leap to world class when they signed then

And didn't Pisczecek just have a phenomenal season?
High 80's, low 90's will win it this season I reckon.
City will finish on 93 points

Obviously a good coach improves players, but mostly I just think Liverpool have a really strong squad, and are a significantly better team than Klopp's Dortmund side.
Better, yes, would not say significantly so though

City's football is predictable but so tough to stop. Out of wide, a strong low cross across the box for a tap in/easy shot
It's the hardest attacking play to defend this side of Messi dribbling past 5 guys and slotting it into the corner from 25 yards
He was decent but still it was the same thing as now. Everyone was singing his praises in the early weeks for not doing anything special, and then criticizing the same performances later in the season.
Jorginho was very good actually, one of the best in the league in his role. But i agree with your point

And City are feeling themselves now

Fooza

City are too strong, Aguero, Silva, Gundogan, Cancelo all on the bench too. That's when you know you got a top team

El Zoido

Can already see how the league is going to go. City and Liverpool smashing everyone each week, everyone else fighting for scraps. Boring.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
The scary thing about Liverpool yesterday and City here is how effortless it looks. They look like they're in training here.

Then you look at their bench and see they have a better bench than most PL starting XI's. :(

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That move and touch by Silva was brilliant despite it not being a goal.

doodle

Why does the premier league season start so early compared to the rest of europe? :confused: