Premier League Gameweek 1 (9th, 10th, 11th August)

fps

Very surprised Eriksen isn't starting. On a related note, but not related to Spurs losing, fielding a new signing first match who hasn't played PL before, especially a young one, feels like a bit of a risk. Will be watching Ndombele closely today.

Nick7

Fun! If this was Man Utd, there would now be a deluge of posts criticising the manager, the recruitment, and delivering a verdict of a 7th-9th place Premier League finish.
I will say I don't think Spurs are nearly as nailed on for top 4 as people believe. They'll win this match but that defence is not good. They lost a lot of games last season.

Has Danny Rose lost pace over the summer?

He should have got across to cover that surely.
Think the injuries have played a part in that.

Traub

Fun! If this was Man Utd, there would now be a deluge of posts criticising the manager, the recruitment, and delivering a verdict of a 7th-9th place Premier League finish.
I doubt that would be the case if we had just finished in the champions league places and made it to the champions league final.

fps

That will happen regardless!
True! Imagine what it would look like though.

"Levy clearly clueless"
"Why sign midfielders when the centre back issue isn't resolved?"
"No replacement for Tripper, what were we thinking."
"Couldn't even get the fecking Dybala deal over the line."
"That's it, it's over, building the stadium meant we didn't buy players when they were available and now we're fecked."
"We need to totally rethink our recruitment."

fps

I will say I don't think Spurs are nearly as nailed on for top 4 as people believe. They'll win this match but that defence is not good. They lost a lot of games last season.
I see them in a better place for a title challenge this season than last. But that would be with Eriksen in the starting lineup....

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Very surprised Eriksen isn't starting. On a related note, but not related to Spurs losing, fielding a new signing first match who hasn't played PL before, especially a young one, feels like a bit of a risk. Will be watching Ndombele closely today.
He’s played away at city and Barca in the champions league, not sure villa at home is going to scare him.

Shark

@NotShark
If Chelsea score first tomorrow you can guarantee it.

Nick7

That's what they get for not taking him on preseason.
Wait what? Why did they not take him on pre season then play him in the first game?

I see them in a better place for a title challenge this season than last. But that would be with Eriksen in the starting lineup....
I can't see them challenging for the title with their defence. Full backs are poor and they're dependent on Sanchez growing up.

He’s played away at city and Barca in the champions league, not sure villa at home is going to scare him.
Doesn't work like that.