Premier League Gameweek 1 (9th, 10th, 11th August)

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Tanguy Ndombele is class, it's his first game in English football and taking that and his abilities into account I think he has been brilliant. I do see him more as a defensive player with offensive capabilities which is why I think he would of been a brilliant signing for us.
He looks very comfortable

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wow, just saw a replay of the goal. Would gift it to Mings, 100% his fault. He's had a superb game otherwise.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Is Pope really better than Heaton? If not then why was Heaton allowed leave?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Villa's lost all composure here. Some very good pieces of play from Ndombele recently too. Goal probably gave him confidence

Dudu

fecking Hell. Please don't be a Pen.

Last edited:

Djemba-Djemba

Is it any different to Man. United practically playing in the 18 yard box at Wembley v Spurs last season in the second half.

It's just very tough for any side to get long spells of possession away to a top 6 team. Just need to block everything in the box and break on the counter attack, we did that well first half. Now tired badly.

Heaton will certainly earn his weekly wage in the last ten minutes.
We got away with it?

It's a not a tactic I'd recommend though, we were very lucky.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Come on Villa, go and smash some Spurs before grabbing an undeserved winner.

Hope this ref gets the spotlight in MOTD.

SamVimes

Is it any different to Man. United practically playing in the 18 yard box at Wembley v Spurs last season in the second half.

It's just very tough for any side to get long spells of possession away to a top 6 team. Just need to block everything in the box and break on the counter attack, we did that well first half. Now tired badly.

Heaton will certainly earn his weekly wage in the last ten minutes.
I am not criticising them, relax there, not every comment is a criticism!!
They have done really well, but as the half has gone on they dropped deeper and deeper. All it takes is a momentary lapse in concentration.
Not sure why you are bringing up our game there last season.

starman

Surprised that was not given, considering what we have seen in Europe & Women's world cup.

Looks like the PL is going to be judged differently

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Surprised that was not given, considering what we have seen in Europe & Women's world cup.

Looks like the PL is going to be judged differently
If your hand is close to your chest like that it won't be given. They were very clear about that in their briefings to all clubs before the season started. Hand must be away from the body unless you were to catch it obviously

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Grealish and McGinn gone off the boil massively this half.

Looks like I called the Jota sub wrong aswell, just can't get into this high paced game.

It is the first day, lots of players will be feeling pace now especially with limited pre seasons.

Worth remembering if Man. United-Chelsea dosen't live up to the hype.

Lee565

Eriksen runs the game almost by himself. A real shame we couldn't get him.
I know United didnt want to sign him because they are supposedly looking for players where United is their first choice but thats not living in the real world when you take in account that ideally Most foreign player would prefer to live in a sunnier climate than north of England, plus a player like eriksen does not strike me as the type that would have been unprofessional like a di maria or lukaku had he joined us.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Wow, just saw a replay of the goal. Would gift it to Mings, 100% his fault. He's had a superb game otherwise.
More fortuitous than his fault to be fair. Hit his stomach, impossible to avoid. Agree that it's an own goal though. It was curling out.