Premier League Gameweek 12

Deery

Dreary
Chelsea such a well drilled team be hard to see another beat them this year.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
In terms of depth perhaps, but not first 11 quality. Kante is their best midfielder and I think he's a little overrated, to be honest. Don't really rate Kovacic and Jorginho is okay but nothing spectacular. These players have all been elevated under the excellent management of Tuchel but prior to that they were hardly universally recognized as top players (bar Kante).

Don't take any notice.

Tielmans is a decent midfielder but he is not going to develop at Leicester it’s a bit like Le Tiss at Southampton.

As for not rating the like of Jorginho maybe he isnt everyones first choice but it’s odd for a player that you infer wasnt recognised as a top player it’s odd that top coaches did rat3 him. But hey clearly they know nothing!

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Four disallowed goals for Chelsea tonight. Honestly, the Chelsea players show such indiscipline. Chelsea must be considering cutting their losses and going for Brendan Rodgers, who is obviously ready for a step up to the big-time.
Stop trolling this thread please. We get it you don't like Rodgers.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Kante has only ever performed under Tuchel. :lol:

Trolling 1.01 - make it sound believable.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Rodgers post-match interview is hilarious. "In fairness to the lads, they responded in the second half". Yeah man, ye were on the front foot the whole half. Only conceded four.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Right, you said did you not that with Fofana you'd take Leicester's defence. Based on what... the fact they always concede more than us?
Based on the fact that I don't actually think Chelsea have brilliant individuals, I just think you have an exceptional system in place (as all top teams should) which makes them appear better. Take Rudiger for example, he was honestly the biggest carthorse going before Tuchel came in and you moved to a back three and now suddenly he looks world class. They are well protected by the level of possession and the overall team setup which just isn't the case in that Leicester team, particularly this season. Fofana as an individual has incredible talent and looks like a potential world-beater in any system for any team. I'm not convinced you can take all those Chelsea defenders and say the same. Anyway, it's close in comparison to the first 11 defences between the two but where Chelsea are miles ahead are in their squad depth and that's what provides the edge over a team like Leicester, not just in the first 11 quality.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
I mean they are entirely different players but yes Tielemans has a much harder skill set to find than Kante who really has only looked decent again under Tuchel. Under Lampard he was awful when asked to do anything with the ball. He's a great player at what he does, but he's a negative, defensive box to box player who becomes exposed when he's asked to do anything other than just do that role. He's a little overrated because he's a great character and has played alongside some other class midfielders (I.e Pogba for France).
Wow fair play. Can’t really debate because taking Tielemans over Kante “by a distance” it’s such an absurd take. I’m sure the overwhelming majority of football fans would agree.

TrustInJanuzaj

Here's a hot take, how about instead of making snide comments in the thread you actually quote me when you have something to say. Happy to have a discussion if you disagree and that's fine but just posting shite and pretending that's what has been said is at best petty and at worst stupid.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Inclu

Inclusive of City. Stop underestimating your own team’s players
Nah mate I would take our midfield for sure. I’m just saying that outside of City’s midfield it’s not even debatable to me.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Inclusive of City. Stop underestimating your own team’s players
If this was the case the City Chelsea matchup at Stamford Bridge this season would not have looked so one sided.

Wow fair play. Can’t really debate because taking Tielemans over Kante “by a distance” it’s such an absurd take. I’m sure the overwhelming majority of football fans would agree.
By a distance is a tad bit much. That said I do think Kante is very much overrated by a majority of football fans, who ignore his shortcomings as a midfield beyond a destroyer role.

Tielemans still has a lot to do in his career to make the discussion discussion worthy, even if his skillset is wider.

TrustInJanuzaj

I don't really care what the consensus is, football fans are fickle as feck so that doesn't mean a whole lot. What I know for a fact is that under Lampard, Kante was asked to get involved more, play higher up the pitch and use the ball more effectively and he failed. There were plenty of people saying he was done and that he was overrated based on those performances. Fast forward 12 months and he's been put back into that simple ball winning role under a much better tactical manager and he's looked good again. He's a great player in certain teams and certain systems but the very truly world class players are great in more diverse roles. Scholes played all over midfield and was the best player on the park in every one of those positions. Kante is miles off that level of player.

TrustInJanuzaj

If this was the case the City Chelsea matchup at Stamford Bridge this season would not have looked so one sided.

By a distance is a tad bit much. That said I do think Kante is very much overrated by a majority of football fans, who ignore his shortcomings as a midfield beyond a destroyer role.

Tielemans still has a lot to do in his career to make the discussion discussion worthy, even if his skillset is wider.
Agreed but glad to see someone else can actually acknowledge the incredible skill set Tielemans possesses. Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if he gets a move to a top team in the next couple of seasons and everyone starts using over his performances, similar to what happened to Modric.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
I don't really care what the consensus is, football fans are fickle as feck so that doesn't mean a whole lot. What I know for a fact is that under Lampard, Kante was asked to get involved more, play higher up the pitch and use the ball more effectively and he failed. There were plenty of people saying he was done and that he was overrated based on those performances. Fast forward 12 months and he's been put back into that simple ball winning role under a much better tactical manager and he's looked good again. He's a great player in certain teams and certain systems but the very truly world class players are great in more diverse roles. Scholes played all over midfield and was the best player on the park in every one of those positions. Kante is miles off that level of player.
Probably best you stop digging that hole

Blood Mage

Chelsea will demolish us next week. How many more humiliations under Ole are we going to have to endure I wonder?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
You really must not watch much football. Kante was struggling with injuries that season. He does have a wonderful career to back up his rating by most people that do pay attention to the game outside their own team.

Deery

Dreary
I love watching United play all the same really makes the weekend..

TrustInJanuzaj

You really must not watch much football. Kante was struggling with injuries that season. He does have a wonderful career to back up his rating by most people that do pay attention to the game outside their own team.
Not really I’ve watched him plenty. It’s convenient that Chelsea fans always turn to injey excuses when their players have crap seasons. Same excuses that were made for Hazard too! Kante is overrated, as I’ve said he’s great at his role but he doesn’t have the overall skill set to do much else. Not great in possession, not great at beating his man, lacks the disciple to be a line DM. He’s just never been a player I have warmed too in his style.

KingCavani

One of those games where you just have to acknowledge it would be better to lose.

Deery

Dreary
What’s with DeGea and his near post been years of the same shit.