Premier League Gameweek 12

Withnail

I know this thread has turned mostly about Rodgers, but Chelsea deserve massive credit for this performance. Playing like this they’ll comfortably beat most sides in the league, they look even better without Lukaku for me.
I'm not even a little bit surprised by that. I always thought it was an odd buy for them.

Tony247

Was Chelsea this dominant back in 2000s with Jose at his prime and the super team they had?
They were even better. Chelsea those days were like a massive tank coming at you with all gun blazing and you can't to zilch about it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I dunno about that - they were chanting his name there at half time. "Boooo-rendan".

@VP89 Chelsea just scored, I believe, their 7th goal. Four have been disallowed though.
What is wrong with you? Can you read posts? Are you a child?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You'd take their midfield over the likes of Kante, and the defence over Silva and Rudiger? All about opinions but that's quite startling.
Kante is a little overrated anyway personally. Ndidi is not that far off him (not his biggest fan either). Tielemans is the best midfielder in either side by a distance i think.

Withnail

Was Chelsea this dominant back in 2000s with Jose at his prime and the super team they had?
A bit yeah but it depended on the circumstances.

During Mourinho's first stint at Chelsea, they tended to start off like a train and get a big lead over the rest by Christmas and then go conservative and hopefully manage to stay ahead of the pack. He was more than happy with a draw against a title rival, for example.

TrustInJanuzaj

That Chelsea squad isn't all that, they just play together well as a very good team with a good tactical manager. Leicester have been very good too the last couple of years and have some great players. They are let down by squad depth and some of their weaker players but I think their best players I.e Fofana, Tielemens, and Vardy are better than their counterparts at Chelsea and some of the other top teams too on paper.

Sylar

Chelsea have conceded 4 goals a third of the way through having played pretty much every big team (think most were penalties as well)

Jealous of how many clean sheets they have

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Kante is a little overrated anyway personally. Ndidi is not that far off him (not his biggest fan either). Tielemans is the best midfielder in either side by a distance i think.
You should just stop. Do you really watch football?

ExoduS

They were even better. Chelsea those days were like a massive tank coming at you with all gun blazing and you can't to zilch about it.
Yeah, they were good for a bout 3 seasons I remember but Ferguson, Rooney and Ronaldo figured it out and we snatched few titles in front of their nose. They look scary this season and their players good, but not great.

It is crazy how much great managers matter. Silva looked like a broken player under Lampard and now he looks like old self again... Systems, tactics, formations, moral all matters and manager is the guy responsible for all 4.

TrustInJanuzaj

That’s nonsense. Chelsea prob have the leagues best midfield outside of City.
In terms of depth perhaps, but not first 11 quality. Kante is their best midfielder and I think he's a little overrated, to be honest. Don't really rate Kovacic and Jorginho is okay but nothing spectacular. These players have all been elevated under the excellent management of Tuchel but prior to that they were hardly universally recognized as top players (bar Kante).

Withnail

Chelsea have conceded 4 goals a third of the way through having played pretty much every big team (think most were penalties as well)

And that's exactly why we shouldn't be interested in Rodgers. His teams do not defend well. We need a much better defensive record to compete for titles.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Game just ended there. Leicester quite lucky with the result in the end. What did you make of it?
Mate grow up. You know Im not talking in the context of this game so dont be a dickhead. Move on, and stop acting like a child.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Four disallowed goals for Chelsea tonight. Honestly, the Chelsea players show such indiscipline. Chelsea must be considering cutting their losses and going for Brendan Rodgers, who is obviously ready for a step up to the big-time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I believe he's trying to wind you up mate. I'd stop biting.
Aye, Ive stopped. Obvious Wums are against the forum rules, so is name calling but Ive called him something and left it there :)

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Its not though is it. Sensitive Chelsea defense board time and time again.
Kante overrated and Tielemans over him by a distance? And you'd take Leicester's defence over ours? Bearing in mind as of now, one of those 2 defences has conceded only 4 prem goals, and conceded only 4 in winning the CL...

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Kante overrated and Tielemans over him by a distance? And you'd take Leicester's defence over ours? Bearing in mind as of now, one of those 2 defences has conceded only 4 prem goals, and conceded only 4 in winning the CL...
Don't forget he thinks Vardy is sublime this year. Craziness!

TrustInJanuzaj

Tielemanns over Kante?

Yeah, I can tell you're batshit crazy by your username.
I mean they are entirely different players but yes Tielemans has a much harder skill set to find than Kante who really has only looked decent again under Tuchel. Under Lampard he was awful when asked to do anything with the ball. He's a great player at what he does, but he's a negative, defensive box to box player who becomes exposed when he's asked to do anything other than just do that role. He's a little overrated because he's a great character and has played alongside some other class midfielders (I.e Pogba for France).

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, they were good for a bout 3 seasons I remember but Ferguson, Rooney and Ronaldo figured it out and we snatched few titles in front of their nose. They look scary this season and their players good, but not great.

It is crazy how much great managers matter. Silva looked like a broken player under Lampard and now he looks like old self again... Systems, tactics, formations, moral all matters and manager is the guy responsible for all 4.
Eh?

TrustInJanuzaj

Its almost as if managers and overall squad depth and quality don't make a difference...

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Its almost as if managers and overall squad depth and quality don't make a difference...
Right, you said did you not that with Fofana you'd take Leicester's defence. Based on what... the fact they always concede more than us?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Only goal they've conceded away all season in league was the penalty at Anfield so to go into December pretty much without letting in home goal from open play is some going.