Premier League Gameweek 14 (28th, 29th November 2017)

minoo-utd

Listen to you all. Losing your shit because of a last minute goal. It's November and the season runs until May.

'Hand them the title now', 'The title's theirs!'

No, it's not ffs. They scraped a win at home to southampton, wooptydoo.
Give this poster a medal would you! This place has blown after a 95th winner for city ok we want them to drop points but handing them the prem will make us slip more if we don't have hope and fight till the final weeks then we better watch something else not football.

Verminator

Give this poster a medal would you! This place has blown after a 95th winner for city ok we want them to drop points but handing them the prem will make us slip more if we don't have hope and fight till the final weeks then we better watch something else not football.
If we do manage to win this title, it will go down as one of the greatest ever. Still doable if we get into a groove.

minoo-utd

City are doing what we all expected they would in the summer. How can they not with that squad? On paper it looked like a one horse race, and it's turning into a reality.
It is not yet. We lost the league after leading with 8 points with 5 games left to play, things happen, yes they are exceptional this year but not yet, we better focus on us next 2 games is more than crucial, win them and the race is open, drop points then we are in a weak position but still November and hope just hope we beat Arsenal first then anything can happen in the Derby.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
To be fair, there's been some cracking goals in the midweek games.

Great to see Spurs in 7th as well.

Frank Grimes

I don't mean in terms of talent or playstyle, I mean this season in the way he has been dragging us over the line when we've not played well, reminds me of how Cantona dragged you guys to 3pts many times in that chase when things were not going your way, popping up with late goals etc...
Cantona's winners and equalisers were in February, March and April. Sterling's goals could end up being as important at the end of the season but still seems odd to compare two because of the completely different stages of the season.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Cantona's winners and equalisers were in February, March and April. Sterling's goals could end up being as important at the end of the season but still seems odd to compare two because of the completely different stages of the season.
Add the fact Cantona helped drag United back into the title race. De Bruyne and Silva have already done the damage, Sterling is just ensuring there isn’t any false hope to any chasing pack.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You'd think United fans would remember how easily an 8 point lead can be lost. But, apparently 8 points in Nov/Dec is the title wrapped up.

minoo-utd

You'd think United fans would remember how easily an 8 point lead can be lost. But, apparently 8 points in Nov/Dec is the title wrapped up.
Exactly. We lost 8pts in with only FIVE games remaining, things happen in football no matter what the start of the season is still 24 games to play for the most important thing is us keeping the challenge till the end and keeping the gap as it is after the next 2 games as worst case, of course hope for 2 wins.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Exactly. We lost 8pts in with only FIVE games remaining, things happen in football no matter what the start of the season is still 24 games to play for the most important thing is us keeping the challenge till the end and keeping the gap as it is after the next 2 games as worst case, of course hope for 2 wins.
City have two tough games coming up against us and Spurs. Pochettino also is a good tactical matchup against Pep, he knows how to deal with it and has beaten his Barca side with Espanyol of all teams.

If City beat both us and Spurs and end up being 15-20 points ahead then you can say the league is done. But 8 points is nothing at this stage.

chris wilson

Man I remember how depressing it was watching Cantona do that week after week when you hauled back Newcastle in the Keegan meltdown season. Sterling has been our Cantona so far this season.

In reality we're on the back of 3 iffy performances and Southampton probably deserved at least a draw on merit and if any team deserved to win it was probably them. I'm starting to worry about the derby now, you seem to be finding form and we seem to be slowing down. I think we'll need Arsenal to knock you out of your stride if we're to get anything from the derby.
Ha ha! Sterling the new Cantona. You City fams should know you won the lottery. And without meaning to cause you any untoward offence there is no real comparison as our success has always been self made and the result of our football not gifted to ud by a brutalist petro dollar nation state.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If City beat both us and Spurs and end up being 15-20 points ahead then you can say the league is done. But 8 points is nothing at this stage.
It’s actually quite a lot. Most teams tend to win from being 8 points ahead as Chelsea and Leicester have shown in the past two years. It’s just the odd occasion when a team has let it slip with a big lead.

Definitely doesn’t mean City have won the league but it is more than nothing at this stage.

RonW

We can't buy every player in the world. As far as we know, he could want to live in London or like the idea of playing under Wenger.

Lukaku did score 20+ goals in Premier League last season didn't he?
Mou's obsession with tall non technical players may bring him down at United. It's one thing to buy the likes of Pogba and Ibra who are superiorly good with the ball but Lukaku simply isn't. He'll probably end up with 20+ goals this season as well but most of his goals are just headers or 3-4 yards powerful shots. He simply isn't good with the ball on his feet because of his stature and strong legs. At Everton, they specialize in crosses which Lukaku is perfectly suited for which we don't do enough at United. We try to play the ball on the ground and we play far fewer crosses. I did keep wondering why we never went for the likes of Lacazette who was a steal at his price. He would have done far better for us because of his ability to play on the ball.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Ha ha! Sterling the new Cantona. You City fams should know you won the lottery. And without meaning to cause you any untoward offence there is no real comparison as our success has always been self made and the result of our football not gifted to ud by a brutalist petro dollar nation state.
Wah wah wah, cry me a river. You'd think a 50 year old man would have something better to do than be a constant wum.

I already explained the sterling comment, you should well remember that scoring run of cantona's if you one tenth as much about united as you claim to know about city and their owners.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I was comparing them in terms of good teams sometimes have a player to drag them through difficult games when the ball just won't seem to bounce in. Cantona's run was amazing because of the time of year indeed and it started v the team you were chasing for the title. Some of the greatest form any pl player has shown IMHO.

GM K

City have two tough games coming up against us and Spurs. Pochettino also is a good tactical matchup against Pep, he knows how to deal with it and has beaten his Barca side with Espanyol of all teams.

Regardless of what happens in the Arsenal game, we HAVE TO BEAT City at Old Trafford.

We can't lose and we can't draw. We must win that game. It's as simple as that.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Burnley has now 7 wins and 4 draws from 14 matches with 14 goals :D
Massive props to dyche. Came up, learnt and went down, then regrouped and came back up again, stayed up and doing even better now. Probably end up in Europe next season.
Most likely best English manager at the moment.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Man I remember how depressing it was watching Cantona do that week after week when you hauled back Newcastle in the Keegan meltdown season. Sterling has been our Cantona so far this season.

In reality we're on the back of 3 iffy performances and Southampton
probably deserved at least a draw on merit and if any team deserved to win it was probably them
. I'm starting to worry about the derby now, you seem to be finding form and we seem to be slowing down. I think we'll need Arsenal to knock you out of your stride if we're to get anything from the derby.
Someone hacked your account? They wasted time and threw 9/10 men behind the ball from almost the first minute of the first half. They left most of their impact players on the bench. The referee (Tierney) is a weak official and let them take the Mick all through the game.
Thank God (from a City POV) that the 4th official added the full quota of stoppage time.
A few of our forwards are currently firing blanks but hopefully will be back to their best when the United and Spurs games roll around.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Someone hacked your account? They wasted time and threw 9/10 men behind the ball from almost the first minute of the first half. They left most of their impact players on the bench. The referee (Tierney) is a weak official and let them take the Mick all through the game.
Thank God (from a City POV) that the 4th official added the full quota of stoppage time.
A few of our forwards are currently firing blanks but hopefully will be back to their best when the United and Spurs games roll around.
I'll agree with most that but they still created 2 glorious chances first half where as we created kind of half chances bar Jesus and could well have been 2-1 up at the break. We were the better side 2nd half but again we made a lot of wrong decisions at times. I know we had 12 shots or target last night but how many were from 25-30 yards, only KDB's (and of course Sterlings) were really good hits.

I agree I hope we give West Ham a bit of a seeing too so we're back on all cylinders for OT as it will be a tough game.

tomaldinho1

The thing though is that they still had clear chances and wasted them or they were stopped by good goal keeping and they've barely conceeeded any chances from open play
They've conceded more than us right? By no means knocking what they're doing but they can be got at and I'm looking forward to the Derby

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No, I'm the kind of guy that says 'it's an 8 point gap and it's only December'.

Their form and ability to win their games is impressive there's no denying that. I never said I wasn't worried, but will they maintain this form throughout the season? Absolutely not. Why? Champions League, FA cup, League cup (to a lesser extent) and injuries inevitably take their toll on league form.

Totally irrational to be handing them the title when there's still 72 points up for grabs.
Handing them the title is silly of course, and would suggest we'd given up, which we won't.

But the thing people always overlook with these points gaps, is that your form has to be pretty excellent too. Better than we've managed to put together for ages.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Apparently Pep was telling Redmond how good he is.
Much more rational to assume the worst

Was curious what went down but I was sure he hadn't been disrespectful, just not his way. Good on Redmond to share what transpired and squash the foolish innuendo & attacks