Premier League Gameweek 14

TheLiverBird

I thought you couldn't be offside by the hands/arm
You can be offside by a hair line going by what we’ve seen this past year

I don’t like it, but people need to accept it

A finger, a hand, an arm, a Shoulder

It’s sucks but that is the rule

I do think they should show us what the VAR see’s though, because every time we see them work the lines on the screen etc I can never see how they come to the offside conclusion because what we see always looks onside

big rons sovereign

How can you be offside with with your elbow? You can't score with your elbow, if the ball hits your elbow in the box it's a pen.
Total Bollox. The only consistency with VAR is that the rules are consistently made up on the spot.

Guy Incognito

Such a tight season Spurs could go from level with Liverpool at the top to 7th when the number of matches played evens up if they lose here.
That's why I found it ridiculous the media started creaming themselves when Spurs were top in November.

Spurs' schedule once the Europa resumes is gruelling anyway and no way can they handle the Thursday-Sunday routine, going for the title.

cj_sparky

Clear and Obvious shouldnt apply to offside which isn't interpreting the rules, right?
Offsides are seen a fact based decision and don't fall into clear and obvious.

But they are still subjective, as essentially they get a "VAR expert" to draw a line on a still image that is zoomed out, not the perfect angle and use their interpretation to as to where to take the line from.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Deserved, if we got an offside decisions like that the memes would be insane

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Jesus we are back to being utterly woeful again. AHH the life of a Spurs fan, disappointment constantly.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
This is so Spurs at Xmas. Like a couple of seasons ago there was all the talk of them challenging and then they lost to Wolves at Wembley and spiralled.

prateik

We already knew Spurs weren't winning anything because they are Spurs.. but now that the wheels are coming off their "title challenge", are their fans still going to pretend to be fine with this shit on a stick football?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That's why I found it ridiculous the media started creaming themselves when Spurs were top in November.

Spurs' schedule once the Europa resumes is gruelling anyway and no way can they handle the Thursday-Sunday routine, going for the title.
If they lose here they'll be down to 6th if Man. United win and Chelsea tomorrow. This Mourinho "miracle" narrative dosen't work as that's where they finish last season and lower than 4 out of 5 Poch seasons.

I suspect he'll go all in and gamble everything on europa league like he did with Man. United in 16/17.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
You can be offside by a hair line going by what we’ve seen this past year

I don’t like it, but people need to accept it

A finger, a hand, an arm, a Shoulder

It’s sucks but that is the rule

I do think they should show us what the VAR see’s though, because every time we see them work the lines on the screen etc I can never see how they come to the offside conclusion because what we see always looks onside
Yeah the angles aren't clear at all sometimes and looks proper sus

Walters_19_MuFc

I really don't get what your going on about, I don't care why Jose wanted Dier for at United, why would I? He's shit at DM, and you think Wink(S) and Sissoko are DMs? :lol:
You know what point I'm trying to make but continue to play dumb.

Sissoko currently plays DM for you lot now and has done a solid job and Winks always plays the deeper role for you lot.