Premier League Gameweek 17+18

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Isn't it basically five players missing due to Covid since Chilwell would be out injured anyway?
Yeh but i believe it was 6 with covid as of last night, with another round of testing this morning? Unless its 6 including todays results, but then why not request a postponing last night instead

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Feels pretty grotesquely unfair making some teams play with half a dozen major players missing while letting other teams have the postponement to recover.

Deery

Dreary
It’ll be cancelled before this afternoon that’s for sure…

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Feels pretty grotesquely unfair making some teams play with half a dozen major players missing while letting other teams have the postponement to recover.
I get the feeling they might still cancel it. Leicester got their game postponed after initially having the idea rejected.

Ferrers

Supports
Chelsea
How on earth can this be allowed to go ahead. Seems like a purely £££ driven decision. And doesn’t seem consistent with other teams having there games delayed.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
They really should postpone the game. Is there some kind of threshold that needs to be hit before they will? I haven't read anything on that so genuinely curious, because it seems random as feck which is just bonkers.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They really should postpone the game. Is there some kind of threshold that needs to be hit before they will? I haven't read anything on that so genuinely curious, because it seems random as feck which is just bonkers.
14 players available and the game goes ahead is what the Premier League said, and beyond that on a case by case basis.

I'm guessing but I think Chelsea's request was denied because of short notice, given other teams have had games called off with fewer.

TheLord

Liverpool and City have probably hit the COVID-19 jackpot, basically ensuring that one of the these two teams definitely wins the Premier League.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
14 players available and the game goes ahead is what the Premier League said, and beyond that on a case by case basis.

I'm guessing but I think Chelsea's request was denied because of short notice, given other teams have had games called off with fewer.
OK, cheers.

Not sure what to make of it myself. Seems unfair on the face of it, but I suppose the show must go on I guess. But as you say, teams have had fewer cases and had their games called off. Still seems random. My inclination is to say have a two week break and try and bring this thing under some kind of control

taribhumpu

This chelsea line up does not look like a depleted squad at all. Why did they want to postpone?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It’s depleted with Lukaku, Werner, Christensen, Jorginho, Chilwell, Loftus-Cheek and Havertz all out. At least 3 players in the squad are not fit enough to be near a squad but either starting or on the bench. However asking for postponement is cheeky as not all players are affected by Covid.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel asked about getting today's game postponed: "We thought we had a strong case regarding the security and health of players, we have seven positive cases, we were made to be in the bus and travel together for three hours, were in meeting together, in dinner and lunch and the situation does not feel like it will stop if we keep on doing this. We applied to not play and put the situation under control and it was rejected. It is very hard to understand it, we are very concerned about the health of the players. We end up with players who play coming from injuries and we take the risk.

"I am worried from a medical point of view, we have had four days of consecutive positive tests. How will it stop if we are in a bus together and in meetings together if we pretend it is not happening?

"We are disappointed, we are a bit angry."

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Few Chelsea journalists moaning about "unfair" treatment by PL, digging Jose quotes from 2014.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Come on City, can you just drop some points already? You scored 7 so now miss all these sitters today please. We're going to drop points against Spurs for sure, we've not been playing great despite winning.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
OK, cheers.

Not sure what to make of it myself. Seems unfair on the face of it, but I suppose the show must go on I guess. But as you say, teams have had fewer cases and had their games called off. Still seems random. My inclination is to say have a two week break and try and bring this thing under some kind of control
I actually agree with Klopp on this, which I don't remember ever typing before. They should just crack on and play all games they safely can. If you have a two week break players will still keep catching Covid for the forseeable, so not sure it will help that much.

There's going to be horrific backlogs building otherwise and zero scope to extend the season, with the world cup next winter.

Zoo

I remember when Eddie Howe was discussed on here as a potential United manager.