Premier League Gameweek 2

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Oof. Arsenal have City in gameweek 3. Could be 0 points after 3 games...

Rojofiam

Us to beat Southampton 1-0 or 2-0 but we'll be comfortable throughout

Arsenal to draw or beat Chelsea

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Hoping Chelsea thump Arsenal. Love seeing them in utter crisis.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Hoping Chelsea thump Arsenal. Love seeing them in utter crisis.
I think Arsenal are pretty much as jammy against Chelsea as they are against us. They'll most likely have one fly into the top corner off a defender's arse, defend like it's Rorke's Drift for the rest of this game then get bummed by West Brom in midweek.

432JuanMata

I think Arsenal are pretty much as jammy against Chelsea as they are against us. They'll most likely have one fly into the top corner off a defender's arse, defend like it's Rorke's Drift for the rest of this game then get bummed by West Brom in midweek.
Yeah that is true I see this Arsenal side getting easily beaten. I’ve never seen them this bad on paper and onfield

lex talionis

In general, we want to see draws when the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea play each other. At least until one of them pulls away, in which case they then need to be reeled back in.

432JuanMata

In general, we want to see draws when the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea play each other. At least until one of them pulls away, in which case they then need to be reeled back in.
Well we want Arsenal to take points off any of our rivals as they are not really threatening in the long term

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We do actually have some players missing tomorrow. Henderson & Thiago might not be fit enough and Fabinho’s father just passed away so he’s unavailable. Robertson is out until next week too.

Still I’ll be annoyed if we find a way not to win.

FatTails

Burnley won’t win at Anfield or even get a point. I’m actually convinced that this is the year they finally feck off to the championship.

Leicester vs West Ham, Leeds vs Everton, and Arse vs Chelsea will all be good games to watch.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think Arsenal will grab a point here.
When they're up for it, they're a shithouse team.

Ladron de redcafe

Chelsea should beat Arsenal, and if they do, you wonder whether there will be some pressure on Arteta. At some point, you imagine that the relatively easy ride he has had from the media compared to other managers will end.

Deery

Dreary
Chelsea will win 2-0 or 3-0 Arsenal just haven’t got the fire power up front to trouble Chelsea..

Kiwi Man

Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea and Man Utd aside, going for all home wins this week, expecting home crowd to play a big advantage again

Swedish_Plumber

We do actually have some players missing tomorrow. Henderson & Thiago might not be fit enough and Fabinho’s father just passed away so he’s unavailable. Robertson is out until next week too.

That's sad regarding Fabinho!
You should still win comfortably, but think you need an earlyish goal.

Gee Male

Anfield will surely be rocking though, particularly with the news of the passing of the 97th Hillsborough victim. JFT97 should mean a good atmosphere from the start, and should overwhelm Burnley.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I'm going into tomorrow's game with no expectations whatsoever. A squad hit with Covid, guys like Partey & Gabriel still out, really doesn't bode well. And let's be honest even with a full team, Chelsea are just a better side. City next week even less likely to get a result.

Our season really starts on game week 4 at home to Norwich, & then the pressure will really be on Arteta.

Gee Male

I'm going into tomorrow's game with no expectations whatsoever. A squad hit with Covid, guys like Partey & Gabriel still out, really doesn't bode well. And let's be honest even with a full team, Chelsea are just a better side. City next week even less likely to get a result.

Our season really starts on game week 4 at home to Norwich, & then the pressure will really be on Arteta.
That's such an Arsenal thing to say.

Ladron de redcafe

The resignation in today's average Arsenal fan says it all as far as the stature of what was once a great club is at the moment. During the early Wenger years, every Arsenal fan I know regarded every fixture as winnable, regardless of the opponent on competition (ala United fans during the Ferguson years.)

It didn't mean that Arsenal always won, but just reflected their bullish attitude and confidence. This isn't the same Arsenal.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
What do you want me to say? I think the worst Arsenal team in 30 years will go out & beat the European Champions at home without Gabriel, Partey, Odegaard, Aubameyang, Lacazette, a couple of weeks after they beat us in a pre season friendly when we had most of those players & they've added Lukaku?

Ok, we'll win 3-0 no problem! :cool:

Kiwi Man

Supports
Liverpool
Very sad news regarding Fabinho, should give the players added motivation. Expecting a Bobby tribute if he scores today, would be beautiful to see.

Pep's Suit

As much as I'd like Chelsea to lose points Arsenal's such a comedy club... I think they have to lose tomorrow. Also Man. City need to wake up. Everything there seems very lethargic now and quite easily they could finish only 4th this season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’d prefer an arsenal win because arsenal are always capable of dropping points against the likes of Brentford/Brighton. I want the opposite team to city, Chelsea and Liverpool every week unless they play each other then a draw as I see all 3 of them our main rivals.

Gee Male

What do you want me to say? I think the worst Arsenal team in 30 years will go out & beat the European Champions at home without Gabriel, Partey, Odegaard, Aubameyang, Lacazette, a couple of weeks after they beat us in a pre season friendly when we had most of those players & they've added Lukaku?

Ok, we'll win 3-0 no problem! :cool:
It's more the "our season starts v Norwich" thing. You'll call it realism, but there's a sense that there's no fight or character in your club anymore.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
It's more the "our season starts v Norwich" thing. You'll call it realism, but there's a sense that there's no fight or character in your club anymore.
I get that, but that's not my job to put fight back in the club, that's the manager & players. Don't get me wrong, I expect our team to go out & give 100%, make it really tough for Chelsea (& City), at least match them in intensity that we didn't do vs Brentford. That should be the bare minimum, & what I want to see coming back. It's just the defence is still dodgy & our goalscorers are out.

For the Norwich game, we'll have hopefully all those players available after the international break, & that's a run of 6 games where Arteta really needs to pick up almost maximum points. It's those games that will likely decide Arteta's fate for the season. That's what I meant with that Norwich comment.

Withnail

Arsenal are not in that bracket anymore. They'll be lucky to finish in the top 10 as far as I'm concerned so I'm hoping Arsenal get the three points.

Gee Male

So, what you're saying is that Anfield will be rocking because some poor bugger passed away 32 years after the event?

You don't see anything wrong with that statement, whatsoever?
No, not really. They're having a minutes silence before the game, it'll be emotional, that emotion will translate to a good atmosphere.

Not sure what's confusing about that, and in no way disrespectful to the "some poor bugger" as you so eloquently put it.

MDFC Manager

Arsenal are not in that bracket anymore. They'll be lucky to finish in the top 10 as far as I'm concerned so I'm hoping Arsenal get the three points.
Agreed, Chelsea are our competition for every spot in the top 4, arsenal aren't.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
To be fair, if we finished 8th two seasons in a row and still kept the manager, United fans would have burnt OT to the ground.