g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 2

diarm

I'm going into tomorrow's game with no expectations whatsoever. A squad hit with Covid, guys like Partey & Gabriel still out, really doesn't bode well. And let's be honest even with a full team, Chelsea are just a better side. City next week even less likely to get a result.

Our season really starts on game week 4 at home to Norwich, & then the pressure will really be on Arteta.
Surely your season really started on week 1 against newly promoted Brentford?

Josh 76

Very sad news regarding Fabinho, should give the players added motivation. Expecting a Bobby tribute if he scores today, would be beautiful to see.
I find these statements odd. Why would players get extra motivation about other matters. They are professional athletes and should be giving 100% all the time. I can’t see their being a scenario where the game is 1-1, with 5 mins to go, and Henderson shouting “come on lads let’s do this for Fabinho”.

mu4c_20le

I find these statements odd. Why would players get extra motivation about other matters. They are professional athletes and should be giving 100% all the time. I can’t see their being a scenario where the game is 1-1, with 5 mins to go, and Henderson shouting “come on lads let’s do this for Fabinho”.
They are not machines, and it's not like they would give less than 100% by choice..

mu4c_20le

Liverpool XI: Alisson, van Dijk, Keita, Mane, Salah, Henderson, Jota, Tsimikas, Matip, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Konate, Thiago, Firmino, Gomez, Jones, Minamino, Robertson

That is an incredible bench.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I can see Burnley shithousing that Liverpool side pretty well if they're up for it.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I think Burnley could frustrate Liverpool (famous last words)

As for the Arsenal and Chelsea game, we should want an Arsenal win there, surely? Chelsea are up there as favourites for the league whereas Arsenal obviously aren't. It would be nice to see Chelsea lose (or draw) a game early on and drop some points. I can see them going on a hell of a run otherwise.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Liverpool XI: Alisson, van Dijk, Keita, Mane, Salah, Henderson, Jota, Tsimikas, Matip, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Konate, Thiago, Firmino, Gomez, Jones, Minamino, Robertson

It is but strange to see 2 keepers on the bench

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Also you can see where they lack depth - up front

paulscholes18

Could you have jumbled up the starting XI any more?

Norris Cole

I worry that Burnley aren't in full fight for survival mode yet so might not be as massively up for this as they sometimes are.

Deery

Dreary
Wijnaldum was a bigger loss for Liverpool than first expected. Klopp should’ve looked to replace him in the transfer window.

Wayne's World

Going for a 6-0 Liverpool win and Harry Elliott to be called the new "Maradona" after the game by the scousers.

TsuWave

How long has this Naby Keita guy been at Liverpool? I remember a lot of hype around their pursuit and signing of him but it’s been crickets since

Kiwi Man

Supports
Liverpool
Wow incredible rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone over at Anfield. Liverpudlians really are a different breed of fan, goosebumps.

Deery

Dreary
I think Burnley will get at them down their right very poor Liverpool left side..