Premier League Gameweek 21

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
People say our 08 team would be smashed by this lot, and perhaps so.

But I reckon Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Nani are absolutely tearing through these on the break like a viking at a nunnery.

Scholes, Carrick round the corner first time passes are murdering Ake/Dias
Our 08 team would murder this current city team

mu4c_20le

But I reckon Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Nani are absolutely tearing through these on the break like a viking at a nunnery.

Prime Rio Vidic Rooney Ronaldo gets smashed by these ??

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

It would be a hell of a match up. Prime Rio, Vidic and Edwin would hopefully be a match for them up the other end too.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yet we laugh when ETH said he wants us to be the best transition team.
And still do

The utter brainwashing that City have done on todays group of commentators alongside their sports washing really is something to behold. I am no fan of Newcastle and their fake rivalry that started with us way back in 2023. However in the run upto Silva's first goal you had five minutes of McCoist and Fletch wanking each other off about City's pass count etc. Or if you watch it City's midfield playing 1-2's with the defenders. Passing for the sake of it and utterly dull as fecking dish water.

Credit to Silva, outstanding goal but feck me when did possession football become the gold standard as to what can be classed as 'good' football, 'better' football or thats how football should be played.
Did you not see how City took hold of the game in that period and negated Newcastle? It was a clinic in holding, progressing the ball and creating chances (9) of which they scored 1

Newcastle did brilliant since the goal of course. But your categorization of City's play prior is nonsense. Of course it deserved praise

cyberman

With all the praise of attacking play and Gordon I had to double check of Newcastle were playing. I’m glad you’re all enjoying the second game of Newcastles you’re watching this season!
This is on City. Not a shit Newcastle side. Their away record v any decent side is shocking. It really needs to be addressed now

RedRocket9908

Our 08 team would beat this City side easilly

And still do

Did you not see how City took hold of the game in that period and negated Newcastle? It was a clinic in holding, progressing the ball and creating chances (9) of which they scored 1

Newcastle did brilliant since the goal of course. But your categorization of City's play prior is nonsense. Of course it deserved praise
Thank you. This so-called "passing for the sake of it" was clearly intended to take the sting out of Newcastle's early frantic press. And it worked.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Isak and Gordon had doubters early on, and understandably given the fees, but have looked incredible value for the money for a bit now. Isak still has levels to go up as well, excited to see what he'll end up doing.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
With all the praise of attacking play and Gordon I had to double check of Newcastle were playing. I’m glad you’re all enjoying the second game of Newcastles you’re watching this season!
This is on City. Not a shit Newcastle side. Their away record v any decent side is shocking. It really needs to be addressed now
This is the same for any team in the league (look at my Peterstorey table thread for more details)

But with City it's simple: less pausa, more transition, more conceded goals (Gvardiol and Walker not at their best defensively is secondary)

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
What does your first paragraph even mean?

AndersB

That's one of the worst non-yellow card blunders I've seen from a ref in a long, long time

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Rodri bemused that Rodri yellow card rules are in effect for someone else.