Premier League Gameweek 23 (13th - 15th Jan 2018)

el3mel

Wow, Wenger, you have come long enough to destroy Arsenal before leaving, fifth and sixth in 2 successive seasons while losing your 2 only top players. :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Absolutely. SAF putting his arm around him as they walked back to the tunnel at Old Trafford was the line under it.
It's easy to be gracious when you absolutely fecking broke him down.

Saf is like Ramsey Snow and Arsene is Reek.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Can we please announce Sanchez now to make the AFTV meltdown complete :lol:

alsabi

Now might be the cue for Arsenal to take the Europa League seriously.

PoTMS

Bad news for us muppets potentially. Surely Le Arse aren’t stupid enough to announce this the same day they get their trousers pulled down by Bournemouth.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not dreading the city match as we have a better team than or fans are giving us credit. Salah and/or Mane being out would have been disastrous for example. Salah I'm worried may strain something if were rushing him back.

But city have a mentally fatigued team in January too. I realise I'm probably jinxing myself but as long as we put up a good performance I'm ok with the result.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Blimey! Just seen the score. Arsenal gonna have a hard time getting into top 4 at this rate.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It wasnt a dig at you, because you are a reasonable Spurs fan. The fact that you haven't really entertained a power switch until now lets me know that you are.

I know a few Spurs fan that are convinced that there is a power shift; when in reality Arsenal have just gone down to Spurs level of fighting for the top 4 instead of challenging for major trophies.
I can't argue with their nak of winning the FA Cup, also when they have players like Sanchez and Ozil you always have a chance of winning any game. If they lose both and replace with players like Malcom I can't see how they will improve, I have a lot of respect for Wenger but him along with the board don't seem to bothered.

Jazz

Bad news for us muppets potentially. Surely Le Arse aren’t stupid enough to announce this the same day they get their trousers pulled down by Bournemouth.
They better not do any announcement of Sanchez or there'll be a riot.

Djemba-Djemba

I do feel sorry for the likes of @Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 and @Wengerscoat and other good Arsenal posters like that. It must be a pretty low feeling being an Arsenal fan right now.

But then I think of the likes of Moh and DT and Piers Morgan and Pete Storey who used to post on here and it really does warm my heart to know how upset they'll be.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
So, with Mourinho van Dijk would be starting today, apparently a very slight injury.

Jazz

They aren’t a top 4 team anymore.
Too soon to say. For sure they'll figure it out. Maybe not this season but according to what I've read they're making changes behind the scenes. Maybe they just want a clean slate, who knows..

Cloud7

It would poetry for there to be some official confirmation of a Sánchez transfer to United after this game. I think the Emirates might implode

Guy Incognito

I do feel sorry for the likes of @Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 and @Wengerscoat and other good Arsenal posters like that. It must be a pretty low feeling being an Arsenal fan right now.

But then I think of the likes of Moh and DT and Piers Morgan and Pete Storey who used to post on here and it really does warm my heart to know how upset they'll be.
Yes, how much I laugh at Arsenal's plight, things change very quickly in football. It's quite sad how Wenger's stock has fallen though, given how much he has given to the game.

The board have to take the blame. No way did they think they would win or challenge for the title based on cup wins.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Yes, how much I laugh at Arsenal's plight, things change very quickly in football. It's quite sad how Wenger's stock has fallen though, given how much he has given to the game.

The board have to take the blame. No way did they think they would win or challenge for the title based on cup wins.
I'd love to get paid one of the highest salaries of any manager to manage Arsenal and have such job security.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I have a lot of money riding on 3-0, 3-1 and 4-1 liverpool win. Don't let me down boys!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Wenger is still a much respected coach though. Its the board taking advantage of his loyality and love towards the club.

If there is someone who can back him with some money, he would do wonders to the team.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Yes. I have to admit having a soft spot for the Gooners, and ever for Wenger. Charlie George was a boyhood hero. For me AFC will never be stored in the Scousr or Emptyhad dept. I would have loved a graceful, even triumphant, exit for AW (As long as not at MU expense). He is intelligent, candid, old school and brought a lot of good ideas to his club and to the league.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
So, Guardiola keeps David Silva out, he's being cautious.