Premier League Gameweek 23 (13th - 15th Jan 2018)

Toad

Shit that Liverpool won because now they are officially the best team to ever grace the earth but at least the City unbeaten shit is over.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Whilst I've always held the same opinion, I think these past few years City-Liverpool have constantly had the most entertaining games in the league; more so than any other in the PL.
Not the equivalent game last season. Liverpool won 1-0 in a shocker.

King.of.Red

now we know they're not invincible. hah.
eat that you blue cnuts and pep suckers!
feck, first time I'm happy watching liverfool get 3 points. complicated feeling

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I was a bit worried about out record, so nice to see City lose. Now if we could only play actual football...

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Better team won, no complaints (well a few actually but mostly at my own team). We gifted them 3 goals, they gifted us 3 goals. Ederson and Stones had shockers.

Well played Liverpool, will be insteresting to see how we bounce back. Enjoy @Klopper76 & co. your boys were too good today.
Yeah I thought we deserved that win. We’re still a mess at the back organisationally though. Your goals were so avoidable from our point of view. De Bruyne is scary when he’s running at a defence.

Robertson or Chamberlain for MOTM.

This January is much better than last seasons!

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I think this game shows we were dead on to be negative at Anfield but were ridiculous to be so negative when hosting City. They were my feelings at the time too.

DdeGoat

Thrilling game of football. Finally the right advertisement for the famous premier league football.

Title race back on? I remember the 96-97 & the 97-98 when team with similar point deficits went to win the league.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Thrilling game of football. Finally the right advertisement for the famous premier league football.

Title race back on? I remember the 96-97 & the 97-98 when team with similar point deficits went to win the league.
Absolutely not.

Shiva87

Glad City lost today. Should give our squad a lift. We need to win tomorrow and bring it down to 12 points. If City drop a few silly points - we may be back in it.

Silverman

At the start wanted City to win cos I was wary of Liverpool catching us but in the end happy with the result. Most important thing is that City cannot go unbeaten and have been somewhat shown up which is great to see :D
As regards Liverpool, this is the type of game that suits them completely. At home, underdogs against a team that plays out from the back. Ideal scenario for Klopp's team. Fair play to them for the win today but not worried about them catching us as they will continue to struggle against smaller sides especially without Coutinho.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Shit that Liverpool won because now they are officially the best team to ever grace the earth but at least the City unbeaten shit is over.

Bit of a relief TBH. Media driven bollocks that no true City fan ever really bought into.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Ugh. The media will continue to bang on about Arsenal's "invincibles" who failed in all other competitions and don't even hold a points record.
Well, the record is not for most points or most competitions won, it's for going a full league invincible.

montpelier

Everyone finding something to be unhappy about, :D.

Scousers are gonna be unbearable, City still 12pts clear - shite all round, really.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Looks like all the 'pool players go to the same dentist. They must have a sponsorship deal going on?

Silverman

Fantastic result for us. City no longer have that invincible record to give them that extra push in their matches. They're definitely going to lose more games this season.

A win tomorrow and we're only twelve points behind. And if we add Sanchez to the squad, then we're well in this.
Now that's the optimism the Caf needs more off. Not sure if I share the optimism but ya can never get enough of it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think this game shows we were dead on to be negative at Anfield but were ridiculous to be so negative when hosting City. They were my feelings at the time too.
Not sure why this proves we were right to be negative at Liverpool. This game showed yet again that they are bobbins defensively. City just happened to be even worse than them today, despite generally being a better team than them in terms of both defence and offence.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Liverpool doing a Liverpool.

Anyway . I told you all about a month ago if we attack them we'd beat them. I even said it this morning. City don't like being attacked.

So... take that you Blue Manc bastards and feck off back down the East Lancs.
:lol: started off so calmly then free-falled into insulting.
Still word perfect though.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Both teams were terrible at the back today, Liverpool used their attack to better effect, and that's that.

Lots of poor individual performances today let us down. Ederson, Stones, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Aguero, Sane, all off the pace for long periods of the match. Silva should have started, Pep made the wrong call starting Gundogan.

Let's hope this doesn't start a meltdown.

Canagel

Liverpool's pressing is unsustainable for 90 minutes. They come flying out of the blocks in the first 20 minutes or so of each half and then start to tire from there on. If you weather that 40 minute storm you have another 50 minutes to beat them.

Greck

Who knows, maybe we would have beaten this lot if we didn't gift them two freebies and had a striker that could place shots in the fecking corners

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Fantastic result for us. City no longer have that invincible record to give them that extra push in their matches. They're definitely going to lose more games this season.

A win tomorrow and we're only twelve points behind. And if we add Sanchez to the squad, then we're well in this.
Every team is.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Now we just need the traditional City bottling to begin! Those last few City goals were gutting, it'll probably restore their optimism. :(

Kapardin

Bald twat. Bottles when it matters.

Let the "Liverpool-ended-City's-Streak" and how "Klopp-is-bestest-attacking-manager" media wankfest begin.

GM K

Could easily finish 2nd especially if they keep this run up.
Hahahaha

Liverpool always give these kinds of performances that make everyone go all lyrical about them. "Their attack is the best", " Klopp is a legend", "United is crap" etc.

And then they will drop easy points against the bottom ten when you least expect them to do so.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Messed up game. Liverpool score four goals, but none of then are from great, open play. All big gaffes from City’s players, all goals that should reasonably expected to be avoided. First goal is a weak shot from distance, second is a gaffe from Stones (and probably free-kick), third is a mistake from Otamendi and the fourth is again the goalkeeper creating something out of nothing.
Nearly all goals result from mistakes from the opposition. There's nearly always a culprit or a combination of errors leading to it.

Canagel

Defending is becoming a lost art in football. It seems these wild games are becoming more and more frequent. Mourinho must adapt without losing the defensive stability his teams have always had. If he gets that balance correct I have no doubt we will win the league again.