Premier League Gameweek 24

acnumber9

That was some goal by Matt Lowton. The kind that would be a goal of the season contender for somebody a little more fashionable.

always_hoping

Leipzig game could be a lot of fun next week. Liverpool's defence and midfield is looking atrocious atm. The Germans should fancy their chances.
Could be fun but a word of caution. Best thing about Leipzig is their home form and that advantage is taken away from them now. United hammered them away from the Red Bull arena and that was a United side that was in poor league form at the time.

Sylar

Could be fun but a word of caution. Best thing about Leipzig is their home form and that advantage is taken away from them now. United hammered them away from the Red Bull arena and that was a United side that was in poor league form at the time.
I reckon we over turn the 3-2 (well 3-0) with about 10 more minutes as well .
Although Liverpool have the ability to gift them goals like we did

Sylar

I like Nick Pope, and he is a fantastic goalkeeper, but one thing that worries me about him potentially playing away from Burnley is that whenever I watch them play, all the shots against them always seem to be straight at him.
Could be due to his positional sense and gk positioning being strong to reduce the amount he needs to be at full stretch to save

Sylar

City 1/3
Tempted for the game to start and wait 5 or 10 mins and see if the odds change

Hopefully spurs can at least survive that

Crustanoid

Nailed on City win. Mourinho is shit against the top sides. He’ll park the bus and still lose.

This could be double figures

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Too many Liverpool threads bumped at once. I don’t know where to unzip first! :drool:
Save some for all of the threads.

Or at least unleash on one, then come back when you've reloaded.

Mcking

I don't know how into your stats you are, but I think one of those newer ones is supposed to give some insight into that.

First there was xG or expected goals that was trying to quantify the chances of scoring from a specific place on the pitch. They took that and applied it to goalies too as the chances of scoring are the same as the chances of conceding from the 'keepers point of view of course. They then compared how many goals goalies let in compared to expectations.

That wouldn't apply to what you were talking about but then they went further with post-shot xG that actually looks at how good the shots were too. Basic xG would include shots that were off target but that's no good for measuring goalie performance. Post shot xG eliminated those and looked at stuff like the height of the shot, how far into the corner it was going etc to try and evaluate 'keepers as I understand it. Never really looked into tin massive detail, but in theory it should be best one for telling you about the quality of the saves themselves.

I just had a bit of peek at this explanation but can't really be bothered reading it all - https://statsbomb.com/2018/11/a-new-way-to-measure-keepers-shot-stopping-post-shot-expected-goals/

Edit, should probably link to some of those stats - https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/keepersadv/Premier-League-Stats

According to that, when taking into account how good the shots were, Pope has let in 6.5 goals fewer than he should have been expected to if he was bang average. That makes him the best in the league this season so far on that metric (2nd table sorted by PsxG +/- column).

Yeah, I know about PsXG, and he is usually among the top in goalkeeping statistics. My illusion probably has to do with his size which makes him look more convincing when making saves.

Raredaredevil

I actually think City will drop points. Jose's record has been pretty good against City in their recent head to head. Spurs has their numbers recently.

Superunknown

NDombele is some midfielder
A good shout for most improved player. He's fun to watch.

I can't call this one. First instinct is that this will be cagey, but you just can't tell with these two. Could be 0-0, could be 3-3, or could be 4-0 City.

Dinghy

Think i might have to mute this because of Tyler's breathing.