Premier League Gameweek 25

King Eric 7

We're going to relegate West Ham when we play our last home game of the season against them.

Irwin99

The league table below third is mental. Everton are now a point behind us (although could be 4 behind in two hours time)

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
useless fact - With Liverpool's win today, arsenal is out of title race :wenger:

Amokachi

Everton Fan
One would think that a team has to be quite fortunate to have opponents consistently missing easy chances. He would be wrong, because it's all by design. Liverpool have super scientific sports science team that have calculated all possible patterns of ball trajectories and body movements. This arcane knowledge allows Liverpool defenders to subtly manipulate opposition forwards even to the point of missing open goals.

There are also algorithms that allow them to conduct their game in a way that they get every marginal decision in their favour. That's also how they managed to be the super aggressive and physical team, and the one with the least fouls committed last season.

Impossible to dislike them, best team ever.
I was just saying saying all of this to the lads in the pub.

Varun

Staff
Seriously now - look at that Liverpool starting lineup. 50% of that team you would never dream of calling top-class players. It is a testament to top-class coaching, I dont care what anyone says - a better manager would have this United side in the top 3 comfortably.
Huh? The only player in their 1st choice 11 who's probably not top class is Henderson. And top class really is tier 1 for 9 of those guys.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This is an interesting take, who out of our starting lineup do you think isn’t a top class player?
Out of the team today, I think you would see a marked dip in performance in Gomez, Robertson, TAA, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Chamberlain if this was a team coached by a different manager.

They are very good players coached to hide their weaknesses and maximize their strengths. Even his fitness coaching has given them a new dimension and massive reserves of energy.

TAA is great but can’t defend for toffee, he would be all over the ship at United.

Even the likes of Firmino benefit greatly from having well defined roles which maximize what they do well.

They are not average by any means, but I could see AWB, Williams, Maguire, Fred, McTominey, Martial, Rashford and James doing really well under Klopp.

The manager definitely lifts the performance of most, if not all, of Liverpool’s players (and many of them have struck gold by being around at the right time.

I would be very wary of going to another team if I was a Liverpool player, even Salah and Mane. This is peak for all of them I think.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Fussball13251

Wolves are an irritating team. Neves another player we should buy. 22. You need these types of players on the field and on the bench in order to challenge for titles.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Man. United and Wolves always ridiculously tight games. As ever one goal will decide this if even that happens.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bruno's done well. Ultimately Rashford a huge miss.

Thought Man. United hadn't scored a league goal in 2020 yet but forgot the Norwich game.

ScouseDipper

Supports
Liverpool
Out of the team today, I think you would see a marked dip in performance in Gomez, Robertson, TAA, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Chamberlain if this was a team coached by a different manager.

They are very good players coached to hide their weaknesses and maximize their strengths. Even his fitness coaching has given them a new dimension and massive reserves of energy.

TAA is great but can’t defend for toffee, he would be all over the ship at United.

Even the likes of Firmino benefit greatly from having well defined roles which maximize what they do well.

They are not average by any means, but I could see AWB, Williams, Maguire, Fred, McTominey, Martial, Rashford and James doing really well under Klopp.

The manager definitely lifts the performance of most, if not all, of Liverpool’s players (and many of them have struck gold by being around at the right time.

I would be very wary of going to another team if I was a Liverpool player, even Salah and Mane. This is peak for all of them I think.

Enjoy it while it lasts!
Exactly. Coutinho proved this. Klopp is very good in getting the best out of players who are not really considered world class. He did this with Dortmund and is doing it now with Liverpool. It’s more of a mental thing with him. Of course he had legit world class players in his team but he makes the whole team feel like they are all world beaters. Quite amazing really.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
10 losses in a row for Bunley against Arsenal.

Dyche never got a point against Arsenal. Crazy, and about time that changes.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
10 losses in a row for Bunley against Arsenal.

Dyche never got a point against Arsenal. Crazy, and about time that changes.
That's surprising because Arsenal struggles against physical deep-sitting teams, yet Burnley can't do shit?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Auba has always got abit of a sitter in him but he'll keep making those runs.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Huh? The only player in their 1st choice 11 who's probably not top class is Henderson. And top class really is tier 1 for 9 of those guys.
Only now though. I mean Salah, Mane , Genie, Hendo, Ox - was there a better mid table lineup than this back in 2015?

Still remember liverpool fans thinking Mikhi was a better signing than Mane at 26m

Deery

Dreary
Ozil has been shocking today as well think he’s finished at top level