Premier League Gameweek 26

ShinjiNinja26

“Gareth Bale with his fingerprints all over this one” what the feck does that even mean? It’s not a fecking crime scene. Second time the commentator has said it as well. One to be added to the annoying football phrases thread.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cue the media wankfest over Bale in the coming weeks, “he’s back!”
Let's hope there aren't loads of threads saying we should have got him, when whoever starts on our right wing has an average game.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Confidence diminished a bit after seeing the our lineup, esp in midfield. Kante in there is surrendering the midfield control we've established since Tuchel. We keep losing grip of the middle of the park everytime Kante starts or comes on.
Then again he might be there to simply do a job on Bruno so hopefully he is successful in nullifing that threat.
Also would have preferred Werner up top with his pace instead of Giroud. Giroud with his pace will make Maguire's job easily defined for him, Werner could at least take him to school with some pace in behind but Giroud obviously deserves the start.
In all, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends in another draw.

Sylar

Confidence diminished a bit after seeing the our lineup, esp in midfield. Kante in there is surrendering the midfield control we've established since Tuchel. We keep losing grip of the middle of the park everytime Kante starts or comes on.
Then again he might be there to simply do a job on Bruno so hopefully he is successful in nullifing that threat.
Also would have preferred Werner up top with his pace instead of Giroud. Giroud with his pace will make Maguire's job easily defined for him, Werner could at least take him to school with some pace in behind but Giroud obviously deserves the start.
In all, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends in another draw.
I think lindelof would have dealt with Werner better than giroud
Im worried about giroud as we always struggle against him

diarm

can I ask was Aina subbed due to injury or just crap?
I didn't notice any injury and the commentator didn't mention it so I think it was just a tactical change man.

Robinson was certainly an improvement on him!

Bearded One

Pressure and this Manchester United team don’t go together to well I’m afraid.:nervous:
I know what you mean and that’s why we need to garner as many points as possible now to leave enough buffer because there will be a big push from teams below 4th place as the season draws to a close.

We can only hope for the best.

SwedishFish

Theyre getting tanked today and were the second best team v 10 man West Brom last week.
5 points is nothing. Its a freak win at Anfield
Still think Newcastle is more likely to go down than them. But I quite like the idea of a last-day relegation scrap with several teams in the mix.

GlasgowCeltic

Without knowing the stats it always feels like you can usually name nine or ten of their starters every week, with maybe a Rodriguez or Bardsley coming in now and again. They must use the least players in the league

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Can see a United win here, counter attacking is where Ole team thrive at.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How the absolute frig is that not a pen!?

He's waving his hand at it!!

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Get mics on the officials would love to hear what discussion goes on with decisions like that

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Attwell's a huge Chelsea fan, not surprising.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
I just do not understand that decision.

Tbh I don't understand football anymore.

I do not like.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I just do not understand that decision.

Tbh I don't understand football anymore.

I do not like.
It's such a bad decision that his integrity is immediately brought into question.

It wouldn't be so bad had the decision been made in real-time, but he watched the reply on a small screen more than once. How on earth can you possibly justify not giving a penalty there?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
First glance you presumed it was a straight forward Greenwood hand ball.

But for them to review it, tell the ref to have another look, and THEN not to give it shows that the Klopp/Jose stuff about us getting too many pens has got into some ref's subconscious.

There was no reason that wasn't a pen. He had his hand in the air, and had plenty of time and space to review the situation.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bottlejob from Tyler.

What do YOU think about whether it was a pen.

Then just waffles without giving an opinion.

Deery

Dreary
Stuart Attwell probably going in to do the Chelsea haft time team talk the cnut...