Premier League Gameweek 26

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I'd say for most people who have played the game at a high level or who enjoy the details of the game find it extremely fascinating that's why most former players fawn over them. That's why you never hear Río for example talk about how boring barca were and just talks about how he as one of the best of his generations didn't get anywhere near them.
There’s a difference between professional sports people and fans. The game is there first and foremost for the players. Fans and supporters have a different set of reasons for following teams and individuals. You can’t compare
You’ve had people being murdered over football matches but players have always respected the sacrifices, dedication and skill that each and every one of them makes. They appreciate it from a totally different angle. We as mere mortals by comparison look for different things in sport.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I can answer the first part. What makes any sporting exciting is the suspense and the uncertainty of an outcome. Then there could be the unexpected moments that change the course of an event; a monumental put at the Open, the saving of a match point with an unbelievable return, a 3 pointer when you need it. City’s domination can’t be put in those terms. While it’s admirable and impressive, they’ve consigned the rest of the PL teams to the level of also rans even before they’ve entered the starting stalls.
In a world where we are looking for inspiration through sport the PL isn’t providing it. That’s not City’s fault nor is it their problem; it’s the ultimate vilification of the so called big clubs that they could not provide a sustained challenge
They didn’t win the league last season though. So they are beatable. So to say the rest of the Prem were also-rans before the season started is a bit rich. It’s only hindsight that’s giving you that opinion.It was fully halfway through the season, at the end of January that they finally got top spot this season.

Guy Incognito

It is though. They are so far ahead it can be boring sometimes but if you are interested on a tactical or technical level it's extraordinary. Like if you were a student surgeon watching a world class surgeon for 8 hours. Boring as a spectical but If you care about details it's ridiculously fascinating.
They are a well disciplined and coached side. I just don't agree with the idea that City's football has upped the stakes in terms of style, while some journos do.

mancan92

There’s a difference between professional sports people and fans. The game is there first and foremost for the players. Fans and supporters have a different set of reasons for following teams and individuals. You can’t compare
You’ve had people being murdered over football matches but players have always respected the sacrifices, dedication and skill that each and every one of them makes. They appreciate it from a totally different angle. We as mere mortals by comparison look for different things in sport.
I get that but definitely other fans like the details aswell. I've always argued against the boring tag its way more a sense of frustration that they shouldn't be able to be this good.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'll be so disappointed if we lose to City this weekend and our away record, they're machine like in terms of getting results but there's so few players they have that I would worry about these days

mancan92

They didn’t win the league last season though. So they are beatable. So to say the rest of the Prem were also-rans before the season started is a bit rich. It’s only hindsight that’s giving you that opinion.It was fully halfway through the season, at the end of January that they finally got top spot this season.
They have won it 3/4 years the only time they didn't was a team that got 100 points. They have shown to be basically unbeatable unless they face a team that is also unbeatable.

Inigo Montoya

It’s not really. If you look back at their so called bad run, they were never so far behind and were always grinding through the gears. The criticism came about from a flattering win by Leicester. In truth they were always there. No one pulled away like Liverpool did.
As for being beatable, try reading the last part of my post. It’s our problem that they are on a great run. We haven’t adapted well enough and teams losing or drawing to each other just underline how consistent they are.

mancan92

They are a well disciplined and coached side. I just don't agree with the idea that City's football has upped the stakes in terms of style, while some journos do.
Why not? They play the kind of football any technical player would say is perfect. Even on a basic fundermental 5v5 at the cages the way city play is how the kids in the cages are trying to play. Pass and move ball on the ground. I remember if anyone would boot it up we'd shout at them. The difference is they do it on an 11 aside pitch pass and move with skills in and out right to an open goal. Thats unheard of. Pep has raised the bar so high from a football standpoint that alot of the time even if they lose they normally have 60+% and 15+ shots.

Inigo Montoya

I'll be so disappointed if we lose to City this weekend and our away record, they're machine like in terms of getting results but there's so few players they have that I would worry about these days
Prepare to be disappointed.
We are a team that plays on inspiration and inspired moments. They are tactically superior without even looking like they have superior players. They are confident while we look frightened to try something. We rely on 2/3 individuals to create and score while they don’t care who does and defenders are match winners.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Prepare to be disappointed.
We are a team that plays on inspiration and inspired moments. They are tactically superior without even looking like they have superior players. They are confident while we look frightened to try something. We rely on 2/3 individuals to create and score while they don’t care who does and defenders are match winners.
Aren't you a ray of sunshine

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
10110001010100100110100102!

Yes! A 2!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Probably not. We only got 80 points so should have been a competitive league and we heavily relied on the same 11-13 players. We weren't drafting in the world's most expensive bench every week and breezing past teams without even trying.
I grabbed this from another site, just a bit of trivia...

Bookmakers were refusing to take bets on the title race by Christmas and Manchester United had their third successive title wrapped up well before the end of the season.

So early did United secure the championship that they merely phoned in the final few performances, Serie A style (In Italy, it is considered bad form to try your hardest when there is nothing on the line). To emphasise this, they collected the trophy after losing 1-0 at home to Derby County.
What isn't mentioned is that we lost the last 3 games of this season, yet finished 10 points ahead of Arsenal :lol:

Deery

Dreary
As good as City are they still seriously lack a goal scorer, very wasteful in front of the goal. We have more a chance than people think come Sunday...

Inigo Montoya

I get that but definitely other fans like the details aswell. I've always argued against the boring tag its way more a sense of frustration that they shouldn't be able to be this good.
Boring in the sense that when something is so dominant it loses that sense of excitement. Other fans like details but only if
Your not as emotionally invested in your side. I know City fans who were pig sick of of
Seeing us beat them. No room for admiration

If you were Wolves’ sponsor you would be a bit kissed off with this away kit. You can only see the sponsor on the keepers kit. Surprised anyone signed off on it.

Inigo Montoya

As good as City are they still seriously lack a goal scorer, very wasteful in front of the goal. We have more a chance than people think come Sunday...
That’ll change if they go all
Out for Haaland. I bet we don’t even bother with a bid.
Best chance is if Rose gets to BD he convinces him to stay for one more season while letting Sancho leave

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wolves will pay for all these missed chances

Deery

Dreary
That’ll change if they go all
Out for Haaland. I bet we don’t even bother with a bid.
Best chance is if Rose gets to BD he convinces him to stay for one more season while letting Sancho leave
I think this team is tailor made for Messi isn’t he out of contract in the summer could see him wanting apart of this before he retires